do you have a usmb mentor?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i do....it started out with his profile mentioning he liked morels.....so last year a quick message....from me asking him if he found any....seems 2010 was a bust in most places...so i had read everything one could read....how to look, where to look blah blah blah and still came up empty handed...

so this year i a began to pick his brain and mostly be a pest...whining about not being able to find them damned things...but he kept giving me ideas...telling me where to look, when to look etc...but most importantly ...simply encouraging me to look

i think i would have given up.....hours of looking with nothing to show...but with his encouragement i kept looking and joined the morel finders club.....

now lets me clear about this.....he is a conservative and we dont really agree on much but he took his time to talk to a stranger on the net...to encourage someone to do something fun and all...

thanks mudd....you have helped me develop a skill that i hopefully will use the rest of my life...i really cant tell you how much i appreciate your time and help....

yesterday's haul, its on a smaller plate than normal but i think that is the largest one i have found....o who am i kidding...i know that is the largest one i have found....i have pics of them all...

008-2.jpg

i think there may be a wealth of knowledge here that is being untapped...let's not let the things we dont have in common negate what we do

I do not think I have any mentors on USMB, however there are several "mentals" on here.

And most of them are in the same ward I am. BTW cit, when are they going to let you out of that straight jacket? I told the nurse you had calmed down and the meds were working.

When you go hunting mushrooms, you should carry them in a mesh bag, like the ones apples or oranges come in, so that you can spread the spores as you walk through the woods and there will be more of them in the future. :thup:

Last edited:
When you go hunting mushrooms, you should carry them in a mesh bag, like the ones apples or oranges come, so that you can spread the spores as you walk through the woods and there will be more of them in the future. :thup:

Hey! That works with political hacks also! Whatdayaknow!

I don't have a mentor here but there IS a very special person for whom without, I would have left a couple of months after I joined. lol. She was very encouraging, on a consistent basis, and I have come to admire her for many other reasons in addition to her attentive persuasions. She is a well-rounded and complete person in my eyes. The total *woman.* :) Without her permission I won't disclose her identity, but here is a *hint.* ::: Green:::

Forum List

Back