Do you have a life outside this board?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I'm not judging you if the answer is no. Some of you have likely lived your lives and being social is not your cup of tea.
Having said that how many of you have avid social lives? Boating, concerts, plays, charities, kids, grandkids...etc.

I'll be 49 this year and I enjoy all of the above. My kids often get me to try things that I would have scoffed at before. Are you so wrapped up in politics that this is it for you?

Well my life consists of pretty much taking care of my grandmother, posting here, or playing MMORPG's. The part I enjoy the most? Taking care of the angel who rescued me and took me in. I'll be 30 years old this year, people all around me are saying how much I've grown. It seems 30 is a magical number, like a switch that comes on or something. Anyway, I'll see you later.

• Banned
with the wife going in for her second hip replacement in 46 days and recovering from my own double cataract surgeries this is pretty much it for me at the moment.
If I was a God fearing man I'd say a prayer for her. I'm not so I'll just say, get better! Don't leave this asshole alone for us to deal with.

Seriously tho, I hope everything works out for you two!

I'm not judging you if the answer is no. Some of you have likely lived your lives and being social is not your cup of tea.
Having said that how many of you have avid social lives? Boating, concerts, plays, charities, kids, grandkids...etc.

I'll be 49 this year and I enjoy all of the above. My kids often get me to try things that I would have scoffed at before. Are you so wrapped up in politics that this is it for you?

there is something other than this board in life?

Well my life consists of pretty much taking care of my grandmother, posting here, or playing MMORPG's. The part I enjoy the most? Taking care of the angel who rescued me and took me in. I'll be 30 years old this year, people all around me are saying how much I've grown. It seems 30 is a magical number, like a switch that comes on or something. Anyway, I'll see you later.
Been there, done that. My grandmother was in our care after her open heart surgery. Very trying on all of us. Ultimately had to put her in a home then she went into the hospital and suffered for months. Died on my birthday. EVERYONE called it a gift but I was devasteded

How do they taste?

I only have 343 posts after a few years of membership, so.....

Each of those 343 is a gem though. :wink_2:

I write. A lot. It's a solitary existence. I leave this board up and minimized on and off while I am working, stopping in now and then to glean the high-flung wisdom from some posters, and the ab-crunching hilarity from others.

Commercial breaks, as it were.

Approaching 65. I have been "retired" for 17 years, having had two careers and several investments that placed me into a state of pecuniary Nirvana. I do retirement well enough, but next year the wife and I will begin to indulge the bucket list, and do crazy shit like skydiving and scuba, visiting nude beaches and getting tattooed like the Maoris. :laugh2:

If Europe and Russia don't crumble, will museum-hop. Australia also.

Last edited:
I write. A lot. It's a solitary existence. I leave this board up and minimized on and off while I am working, stopping in now and then to glean the high-flung wisdom from some posters, and the ab-crunching hilarity from others.

Approaching 65. I have been "retired" for 17 years, having two careers and several investments that placed me into a state of pecuniary Nirvana. I do retirement well enough, but next year the wife and I will begin to indulge the bucket list, and do crazy shit like skydiving and scuba, visiting nude beaches and getting tattooed like the Maoris. :laugh2:

My only bucket list item is to visit Egypt. I want an in depth tour not some fluffy bullshit tourist deal.

How do they taste?

You just shoot them and let them lie because They carry the black plague...

Approaching 65. I have been "retired" for 17 years, having two careers and several investments that placed me into a state of pecuniary Nirvana. I do retirement well enough, but next year the wife and I will begin to indulge the bucket list, and do crazy shit like skydiving and scuba, visiting nude beaches and getting tattooed like the Maoris. :laugh2:

My only bucket list item is to visit Egypt. I want an in depth tour not some fluffy bullshit tourist deal.

Us too. We will decide depending on circumstances there when the time comes. The ME is awful iffy.

Forum List

Back