Do You Hate Big Corporations Or Big Government?

I don't hate anyone. What I am annoyed at is the fact that we continue to devolve into binary thinking, this or that, either/or.

The problem is that there are many influential people who do appear to hate either government or corporations, and they have lost all sense of equilibrium.

Problems can't be solved without communication, and communication can't happen when both "sides" are screaming and pointing the finger.

There's no need to "communicate" with the people who are destroying society. They need to be defeated.

I don't actually hate big government. Hate is the wrong word. I know that big government is the enemy of freedom, of productivity, and prosperity.

I don't hate all big businesses. Big business that fights the government in order to prevent it from hampering progress and productivity is a good thing.

So yeah, big business is often in bed with government, but it often fights government and that is usually good for everyone.

I don't hate anyone. What I am annoyed at is the fact that we continue to devolve into binary thinking, this or that, either/or.

The problem is that there are many influential people who do appear to hate either government or corporations, and they have lost all sense of equilibrium.

Problems can't be solved without communication, and communication can't happen when both "sides" are screaming and pointing the finger.

There's no need to "communicate" with the people who are destroying society. They need to be defeated.
You do know that both "sides" say that, right?

What would "defeated" look like?

You're belief that both sides are wrong isn't supported by logic or the facts. Obviously, if society is swirling down the drain, then someone is responsible. The only thing we have to do is determine who is the guilty party.

You're belief that both sides are wrong isn't supported by logic or the facts. Obviously, if society is swirling down the drain, then someone is responsible. The only thing we have to do is determine who is the guilty party.
The guilty party is well known. It is the oligarchy.

It's We the People who are allowing this travesty.

Kim Kardashian is more important than the oligarchy.

Pogo.jpg

There is only one place where we need more government, and that is in the DMV. That place is always crowded and wait times are unreal, there may be other places like that, that I have yet to visit, I have heard horror stories about the Social Security administration.

On the flip side, you can always find plenty of workers doing nothing, when they work in the construction side of the U.S. Government. Just go by a local asphalt plant and see for yourself.

That is because agencies, like the VA and SS admin, are supposed to serve people and live up to the promises made. That is always where they fail.

When it comes to the construction you mentioned, that is government hiring their cronies who helped them get elected, so that is where they throw money at them and expect little in return. People wonder why infrastructure is crumbling despite the billions we throw at it each year. It's because we are over paying government cronies to do work that others could do cheaper and more efficiently.

Not all corporations are bad, but politicians are attracted to money and those with money are easy to win over with laws and regulations that favor them or deals that let them off the hook. There are many who go back and forth from Wall Street to Washington so often, it's like an invisible revolving door. They influence legislation while in Washington, then go back to the private sector to take advantage of the loopholes in regulations they helped create. Politicians are not just influenced by corporations, they are the corporations in many cases. There is no distinguishable line between the two any more.

The poor people are just pawns that get thrown enough scraps to keep them content. Middle class does little for politicians, so they always get the raw deal.

I don't actually hate big government. Hate is the wrong word. I know that big government is the enemy of freedom, of productivity, and prosperity.

I don't hate all big businesses. Big business that fights the government in order to prevent it from hampering progress and productivity is a good thing.

So yeah, big business is often in bed with government, but it often fights government and that is usually good for everyone.

Well it's 2015.

Big Business buys politicians to prevent big Regulation. It's common sense.

Right Wing are generally Religious. Guess who is the biggest donor for Romney. Gambling. Something against Christianity.

Yes, If I ran a business in 2015 I would buy a politician! You can use $ to suggest regulation on competititon and sometimes if you get big enough use tax money to fund your Business. BAILOUTS!

It use to be against the law to have monopolies. Today anti-Corporate dinners are getting ransacked by big government where they attack farmers for sharing produce. It's never been attacked at home but entire communities eating free is not what big Corp. wants and has used law against it.

Last edited:

Pogo.jpg

Great post.

It's a bad time watching the poor Americans learn they are poor because of their own decision making.

It's sad to watch them realize hey have been pandering to the riches of a few when the few could have been feeding their family based on work ethic.

Well corporations provide jobs. The only jobs Govt provide are those payed for by we taxpayers.

Govt is way to big, cumbersome and intrusive.

Hell. They are now telling you what you can eat, the kind of light bulbs you can buy for your home and the ACA. Nothing affordable about any of it.

Well it's 2015.

Big Business buys politicians to prevent big Regulation. It's common sense.

Right Wing are generally Religious. Guess who is the biggest donor for Romney. Gambling. Something against Christianity.

Yes, If I ran a business in 2015 I would buy a politician! You can use $ to suggest regulation on competititon and sometimes if you get big enough use tax money to fund your Business. BAILOUTS!

It use to be against the law to have monopolies. Today anti-Corporate dinners are getting ransacked by big government where they attack farmers for sharing produce. It's never been attacked at home but entire communities eating free is not what big Corp. wants and has used law against it.

First, none of that disputes what I said. Second, blocking regulation is predominately a good thing.

Our government is for sale to the highest bidder, corporations pony up the money or risk being destroyed when government strikes a deal with someone else. So I ask you where is the root of the corruption?

Big corporation made my wife buy an iPhone. Fuckers entered our home dragged us to the Mac Store at the Westchester Mall and forced us to hand over the credit card.

Motherfuckers

It is a no brainer.

Corporations create millions of jobs, produces goods and services the American people need and want, contribute generously to the communities and pay a trillion in federal taxes and a similar amount in state and local taxes.

Big government destroy the economy, reduces freedom, takes trillions out of the productive economy and creates astronomical debt.

No much of a contest there.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back