Do you go to Vietnamese restaurants?

and...it seems you can't, or are too humiliated to try

your an idiot. im finished with you. child

= I was 100% right. You are now too humiliated to even try and explain yourself. Nice work, champ. You know, even a monkey has enough sense not to fling its own shit at itself. Take a lesson.

100% WRONG as usual. I showed you the food eaten in Nam. you ignored it. case closed.

you have humiliated yourself in front of the entire forum congrads.

Do you really think you can just avoid addressing the fact that you showed a vid of a meat market in China, fool?

And of course there is the fact that the OP was talking about Vietnamese restaurants in the US, which you are also trying to avoid.

You're only adding to your humiliation, fool. Carry on if you dare.

58,000 families of dead American servicemen would not be so kind.
Why blame them? It was not the Vietnamese people who committed American troops to invade their country. They didn't do anything to us.

IMO - the Vietnamese govt should make an official apology for breaking the cease-fire................................
Did it ever occur to you that our government should apologize to the Vietnamese for the damage we did there? How would you have felt if you were fighting in our Civil War and the Vietnamese decided to come here and interfere, killing thousands of innocent women and children in the process, defoliating a significant part of the land and laying mines that continue to kill innocent people for generations?

Or are you one of those Vietnam veterans who think of your ordeal in that debacle as having occurred in defense of your country? If so, I have belated news for you. You were badly misused and it's time you learned who was actually responsible for your ordeal and for all the deaths and miseries suffered by American troops in Vietnam.

It wasn't the Vietnamese. That is their country. We went there. They didn't come here. They didn't do a thing to us and we had no good reason for being there.

Ginscpy is not a Veteran, the closest thing that moron has got to Military Service is blowing the Sailors down on the docks on shore leave.

58,000 families of dead American servicemen would not be so kind.
Why blame them? It was not the Vietnamese people who committed American troops to invade their country. They didn't do anything to us.

IMO - the Vietnamese govt should make an official apology for breaking the cease-fire................................
Did it ever occur to you that our government should apologize to the Vietnamese for the damage we did there? How would you have felt if you were fighting in our Civil War and the Vietnamese decided to come here and interfere, killing thousands of innocent women and children in the process, defoliating a significant part of the land and laying mines that continue to kill innocent people for generations?

Or are you one of those Vietnam veterans who think of your ordeal in that debacle as having occurred in defense of your country? If so, I have belated news for you. You were badly misused and it's time you learned who was actually responsible for your ordeal and for all the deaths and miseries suffered by American troops in Vietnam.

It wasn't the Vietnamese. That is their country. We went there. They didn't come here. They didn't do a thing to us and we had no good reason for being there.

Ginscpy is not a Veteran, the closest thing that moron has got to Military Service is blowing the Sailors down on the docks on shore leave.

I thought that was Swallow's gig.

Yes, I do. I hated the Cong and the NVA, not the Vietnamese people. I worked with many good people in South Vietnam, people I believed (and still do) were worth protecting, worth fighting with and for. They were loyal to us, trusted us, and it broke my heart when America abandoned them.

I have some dear friends yet, a Vietnamese family who managed to get out after the war was over; they are wonderful people, who went through hell to get here. Their children were born here, as American as you and I; they have never known their ancestral homeland, though they still speak the language. I see them living here in freedom now, and I think that is what we fought for, after all.

That's all very noble. But do you really think you are speaking for all those Americans, such as my aunt and uncle whose precious son, my cousin Tommy, a draftee, who was killed two weeks after arriving in Vietnam? That was as close as the tragedy of the Vietnam folly came to me and it was too damn close! But I've spoken to many who suffered the loss of loved ones and who came to passionately protest that unnecessary and wasteful debacle. The reasons you've presented here are not sufficient compensation for their pain.

58,000 Americans dead. Tens of thousands more maimed and/or disfigured. What for? Are we the cops of the world? If so, do you have any sons or brothers you'd like to sacrifice in the next noble adventure? Or do you consider me ignoble for saying we need to mind our own business.

Mike, the original question seemed one of how mush hatred there is/should be in America for all things Vietnamese, including (I presume) the people and the culture, as well as the food. Since I served there and have some experience with all of the above, I offered up my observations on the subject, based on that experience during the war and since. I believe I have earned the right to do that.

Now, as to the war, I speak for myself, and what I believed (and still believe) my mission in Vietnam was. Others may have a different opinion, although, if surveys are to believed, a majority of my fellow veterans say they would do it again. I am sorry for the loss of your cousin Tommy, and 58,271 more. Some of them were high school or college classmates, some were army buddies, and some were those of my own men who I could not bring safely home to their families-those losses were deeply personal, and I think of them every day.often with tears in my eyes. The rest, although I did not know them personally, were my brothers (and sister) in arms, and I mourn for them as well. War, any war, is always a terrible and tragic thing; it is a painful business for those who fight it, for those caught up in it, and for those who wait back home. At the end of the day, we alawys ask, whether anything worthwhile has come of all the horror the pain, the suffering and the sacrifice. Superficially, in the case of Vietnam the answer might appear to be, "No". After all, while we won on the battlefield, our ultimate objective was not achieved. However, a closer look does reveal a few good things. We may have been instruments of a failed policy, but we did the best we could, and the vast majority of us behaved with honor and decency in difficult circumstances. We may have directly or indirectly killed a lot of people, but we saved some too. I have seen horrible things; I have also seen acts of sublime compassion and caring by American troops; if I have seen misery inflicted, I have also seen it relieved, however briefly. Is it all I would have wanted? No, but it is something, and it DOES matter, on some level. And I will tell you, that when I see the faces of those Vietnamese (far too few) that we saved, and see their children growing up here, in freedom, I do get some comfort that whether it was worth it all, all the sacrifice was not in vain, nor completely devoid of meaning.

I have no brothers nor sones to sacrifice now, but I can tell you that had my age permitted, I would have not hesitated to answer the call in our current conflicts. I believe that our nation's security necessitates it; I believe that we have disposed of a brutal dictator, and made a slaughter pen for America's enemies, into which we have lured and killed many who might have done great harm to our nation. I do not consider that a worthless outcome. As for what we have ultimately accomplished in those nations involved history will ultimately tell. We have clearly not turned those countries into Western-style democracies, nor could we reasonably hope to; on the other hand we many have given them at least a chance for an improvement on what they had. If that is not all we might want, it is something, if they are able to hold onto it.

Forum List

Back