Do you get..

I don't even answer the phone when she calls.
My ex is over $15K in arrears for child support, this past Tuesday I went to court to collect. I was more anxious about being in the same courtroom with her than the impending proceedings. She was a no-show and the hearing was reset for mid December.
If I never see her again, I would be okay with that.

Similar problem here, graybeard. Only he lives several states away now, so we rarely see or hear from him. He comes to see the kids once, MAYBE twice a year for a weekend - so I sort of have to be civil for their sake 2 days out of 365. No nervousness though, more like seeing red.

I don't know the feeling, and I think it would make me feel sad. I have been very, very fortunate in my marriages. My first wife and I grew up next door to each other. I never knew a day when she was not an integral part of my life -- she was always there! She decided at four we would be married. OK. Then she died several decades later. I thought I would die. Then I met my second wife. They are both very different women, but each in her own special way have made my life a blessing with and in their presence. Divorce must be horribly hard on adults and particularly children, I would guess. This thread makes me feel sad.

My ex is over $15K in arrears for child support, this past Tuesday I went to court to collect. I was more anxious about being in the same courtroom with her than the impending proceedings. She was a no-show and the hearing was reset for mid December.
they don't just take it out of her paychecks?
If you don't show up here they just do the proceeding without you.
My $20 payments a week will probably stop soon since my kids father went to rehab last week.

My $20 payments a week will probably stop soon since my kids father went to rehab last week.

It can happen. My ex got several grand behind first when he was marginally self-employed (nobody to take it out of his paycheck) for 2 years, then when he was unemployed and living in his daddy's basement for a year after his "business" failed. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Now he's so far behind to Uncle Sam I'll probably never see the arrears, even though his employer for now takes the current payment out of his check. When he quits or gets fired, I won't see any again for a while until he gets another job and I figure out where.
The system is not perfect.

The feeling that I'm about to vomit because the sight of her makes me ill? Yes, yes I do.
no I was talking about that nervous feeling.:lol:
I saw my ex from about five years ago whom I lived with on friday, it was great.:eusa_liar:
He told me how he just brought his new baby home from the hospital. Of course I am happy for him but man I hate that feeling when you see them.
Then an hour after that another ex called just to chat and then friday night when I went out I ended up hanging out with the girl who a boyfriend from a long time ago dumped me for. It was a very wierd night.:doubt:

that feeling in your stomach when you see your ex?

Haven't seen either of my ex's in over 23 years. Probably wouldn't even recognize them if they stood right in front of me, and no, my stomach would be fine if they did.

When she gets a job,yeah. Usually her jobs last a week or 2. Once I got $7.18:eusa_eh:. I didn't bring the action, the Attorney General did. I would rather do without the $200 a month than have to deal with my ex.

Forum List

Back