Do you get "Goosebumps" when you hear someone sing the National Anthem?

Depends who is singing

I still get goosebumps from Whitney Houstons performance at the SuperBowl

I was just watching the opening of the NBA Finals and Mark Anthony sang the National Anthem. He did a great job, and the crowd was into it.

Yeah, it's a shame when someone botches it. How could someone do that when asked to perform? ( I don't mean a kid or teen, but a professional)

Anyway, I got chills watching it.

I always get goosebumps when I hear it sung well. We are by far the greatest country on Earth and many brave souls have fought to maintain our unique freedom. When ever I hear it sung, I close my eyes and think of the many good hard-working honest Americans who have made this country #1!:clap2:

I don't know if i even have the words to describe this.

Some of you may know that this past memorial Day, my Grand Niece (9 year old) sang the national anthem at our main Ceremony. She forgot her place. But the entire crowd picked it up and finished the song with her. I don't know how I stayed standing there at Present Arms through the whole thing.

This was taken a few months earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some of you may know that this past memorial Day, my Grand Niece (9 year old) sang the national anthem at our main Ceremony. She forgot her place. But the entire crowd picked it up and finished the song with her. I don't know how I stayed standing there at Present Arms through the whole thing.

YouTube - ‪Abby's 1st National Anthem‬‏

Not being an American, I don't get the same feelings as you all do about TSSB, but that is still very, very cool.

YouTube - ‪Abby's 1st National Anthem‬‏

The promise of our future , from the mouths of babes

dammit Ollie, i just might have to crack a smile today.........

It's that last line that gets me every time.

Yeah, I know what you mean... now days I spend the whole song wondering if the knucklehead singing it is going to screw up the last line as so many now think is so necessary.

Why on earth do they feel the need to play those games with that line?

Immie

Forum List

Back