Do you frequently judge people that you do not know?

Who are you calling a point misser, motherfucker?

*Laughs*

Only the misser of points.

:eusa_whistle:

Well if you think I am gonna sit here and take this sort of abuse!

This means WAR, buddy!

LOLCats1.jpg

Because Pixie, none of us believes you can be a Total and Complete Bitch. Me, o yessss........LOL. I do believe we could get an "Amen" from the congregation to that, he he he.

You're a total and complete bitch??!! :eek:
(Well you do hail from Cleveland.......) :eusa_whistle:

So's Pixie and she grew up here. Manners and kindness are not regional, Ringel...not really.

Manners and kindness are not regional???!!!!! Cool! Learn something old every day.......... :lol:

Anyone curious about their subconscious reaction toward a group can check this out and see: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

I took the skin color and Arab/Muslim ones.

You have completed the Light Skin - Dark Skin IAT.
Your Result
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Light Skin and Dark Skin.

Thank you for your participation. Just below is a breakdown of the scores generated by others. Most respondents find it easier to associate Dark Skin with Bad and Light Skin with Good compared to the reverse.
Skin score distribution

Many of the questions that you answered on the previous page have been addressed in research over the last 10 years. For example, the order that you performed the response pairing is influential, but procedural corrections largely eliminate that influence (see FAQ #1). Each visitor to the site completes the task in a randomized order. If you would like to learn more about the IAT, please visit the FAQs and background information section.

You are welcome to try additional demonstration tasks, and we encourage you to register (easy) for the research site where you will gain access to studies about more than 100 topics about social groups, personality, pop culture, and more.​
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Study?tid=-1

You have completed the Arab-Muslim - Other People IAT.
Your Result
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Other People and Arab Muslims.

Thank you for your participation. Just below is a breakdown of the scores generated by others. Most respondents find it easier to associate Arab Muslim with Bad and Other People with Good compared to the reverse.
Arab score distribution

This new test was prompted by the events of September 11, 2001. Suicide pilots, identified as Arab Muslims, crashed airplanes into the World Trade Center towers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. killing about 4,000 people. That attack, and the military response by the United States and other countries in Afghanistan and Iraq have surely influenced conscious and unconscious beliefs and attitudes.

We constructed this test of attitude toward Arab Muslims relative to a category consisting of 'Other People' from around the world. Unfortunately, we do not have data on implicit attitudes toward Arab Muslims prior to September 11, with which the attitudes since can be compared. Nevertheless, we introduce this test because we expect that the events of September 11 and its aftermath open a new chapter in the history of the relations among world communities that differ in religious, political, and social ideology. As with other tests at this site, this one may provide insight into implicit attitudes that may not be in line with conscious attitudes or desired attitudes.

Many of the questions that you answered on the previous page have been addressed in research over the last 10 years. For example, the order that you performed the response pairing is influential, but procedural corrections largely eliminate that influence (see FAQ #1). Each visitor to the site completes the task in a randomized order. If you would like to learn more about the IAT, please visit the FAQs and background information section.

You are welcome to try additional demonstration tasks, and we encourage you to register (easy) for the research site where you will gain access to studies about more than 100 topics about social groups, personality, pop culture, and more.​
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Study?tid=-1

If anyone is interested in insight.

I took the one on comparing black to white. My results:

I slightly prefer white objects to black.

I slightly prefer black faces to white.

I try to live by Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. "

I take people as they are. How they live their life is their buisness and as long as they do not interfere with other peoples "pursuit of happiness" I have no objections. So I do not judge people, they judge themselves.

By judge I was thinking he meant 'to form an opinion of'.

I try to keep an open mind, but it can be tough. Especially if I have to run to Wal-Mart on a Saturday evening for something. :eek:

Are your's full of Border Crossers also?...

What's with that?...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back