Do you feel your candidate DIDN'T "win" the first debate?

Poll: 77 Percent of World Wants Trump?

Unscientific survey finds GOP nominee the global favorite, except in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, and Mexico

An online global poll is suggesting that more than three-quarters of the world wants Donald Trump to be the next president of the United States.

The poll, conducted by the website worldwide.vote, asks “who does the world vote for U.S. president?” At the time of writing, over 120,000 people have voted.

The current results have Trump at 77 percent to Hillary Clinton’s 23 percent. Of the 48,346 Americans who have voted at the time of writing, 83 percent want Trump to be the next president.

Obviously this is not the world’s most scientific poll, having no real methodology to speak of. The U.S. has seen tens of thousands of people vote while many countries have logged fewer than 25 votes.

I love you. I really do.

Or under-performed enough to make you nervous? Thoughts?.
Trump could have done better but it was his first debate. He definitely did better than Scripted Crooked Hillary.
There's no way to know, but I'd think that the undecideds are judging Trump & Hillary under different standards.

Hillary is a known commodity for the most part, good and bad.

Because of her negatives, I'm guessing they are looking at Trump and trying to decide if they see a President.

I wouldn't say Trump is my candidate, but I would take him over Hillary. That being said, I think he was terrible last night.
And yo uwould have done better in front of a hundred million viewers?

Actually yes.

Lol, sure.

How many lines would you have to do first?

Look, I'm still voting for him, but I am nowhere close to being so enamored with him that he can do no wrong in my eyes.
His interruptions did not look presidential, and he repeated himself constantly repeated himself constantly repeated himself constantly. 70% of each of his responses was him repeating himself.

When it came to the birther question he should have put it off on Hillary like he tried, then say "I'm over it lets talk about something more important" and move on. Instead he rambled for what seemed like hours. Same with the question on his taxes. He kept rambling. He should have had a short response prepared, then shut up and move on.

I think the problem with this thread is that liberals are far more objective and it just so happens that Hillary is the objective winner.

A lot of his content required a certain level of intelligence

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you say this?

Trump is not going to release his tax-returns, which from his very own words makes for reasonable basis to think he has something to hide and has actually all but confirmed during the debate that he pays no income tax.

Trump lied about opposition to Iraq war.

Trump lied about his birther-ism.

Trump was wrong on constitutionality of stop-and-frisk.

Trump made a delusional fool of himself by declaring his temperament to be his greatest strength.

Trump was clearly under-prepared and ran out of stamina in second half.

The fail here is not more complicated than any of Trumps usual 5th grader level content.

I wouldn't say Trump is my candidate, but I would take him over Hillary. That being said, I think he was terrible last night.
And yo uwould have done better in front of a hundred million viewers?

Should a presidential candidate be flustered because of speaking in front of a hundred million viewers?

I'm not a Clinton supporter, I'm certainly not going to vote for her, but she had far more poise than Trump in the debate. Trump didn't let go of topics he should have, he interrupted Clinton incessantly, he ignored the moderator quite often. It wasn't unexpected. Trump is and has been a somewhat thin-skinned braggart. Clinton, while she may be a corrupt liar, is at least a polished politician, able to project composure.

Will this hurt Trump? I have no idea. A lot of his appeal from the beginning has seemed to be his supposed status as an outsider, not part of the establishment. In that light, his lack of composure and preparedness might seem like a positive to people likely to support him. :dunno:

Or under-performed enough to make you nervous? Thoughts?.
Trump could have done better but it was his first debate. He definitely did better than Scripted Crooked Hillary.
There's no way to know, but I'd think that the undecideds are judging Trump & Hillary under different standards.

Hillary is a known commodity for the most part, good and bad.

Because of her negatives, I'm guessing they are looking at Trump and trying to decide if they see a President.
Hillary needed to reinforce her claim that Trump is a racist and a NAzi, which she repeatedly states and Trump blew past that. This "unfit to serve because he is a racist and bigot" l;ine is Hillary's sole critique against Trump and she failed to establish that point.

Trump had a lower bar; to avoid Hillary showing him to be some closet racist and to paint Hillary as the epitome of what is currently wrong with a our political establishment. He did that.

Trump 1

Clinton 0

And that = Trump WON

This "unfit to serve because he is a racist and bigot" l;ine is Hillary's sole critique against Trump

That is insane to say. You seriously can think of no other critiques that Hillary bashed Trump with during that entire debate? Nothing at all?

How about

not releasing his tax returns?
him possibly paying no federal taxes while being oblivious that it contributed to deficits?
his plans adding trillions to deficit and reducing jobs by 3 million?
his tax plans beneficial to himself personally and other rich?
his lying about Iraq?
Him being flat wrong on constitutionality of stop-and-frisk?
Him constantly stiffing his workers?

nothing?

Forum List

Back