Do you feel we should end Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid?

Social security is nothing but mandated dependence on government.

How many times do I have to show you people that even only earning the median income of about 45K that anyone if allowed to keep the 15% of their lifetime income confiscated by the government could retire a millionaire and also leave the beginnings of true generational wealth to his family?

Here we go again

A 22 year old just out of college gets a job making 45K a year. He works that job for 45 years never getting a raise.

Now if he saves the 15% of his income he would be saving 6750 a year or 563 a month for 45 years he would have:

At 6% average growth 1.64 million

At 7% average growth 2.3 million

At 8% average growth 3.3 million

Before you say those returns are too optimistic you should know that the sock market has averages in the long term, 40 to 50 years, about 10% so you see my estimates are quite conservative.

Now just so you can see what kind of income that will provide let's say that in retirement he lives on 5K month ( More than he did while he was working not less)

1.64 million earning 3% with 5K a month income would last 58 years he could live on more or he could leave what's left to his wife and kids

2.3 million would last basically forever because you would be earning more than you took out every year.

Now your maximum SS benefit is 2500 a month.

Tell me which would you rather have?

And please realize that this example is only the money taken for SS if you were to add another 5 to 20% to your savings you could retire even richer and leave a real legacy to your family.

It's no wonder the fucking government wants to force economic bondage on us because if we had the option outlined above people wouldn't need the fucking government now would they?
How about this. Most people who got a minimum wage increase from $10 hr to $15 hr didn't save one dime of that extra $5. They need ss.

Do you feel we should end Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid?
Ultimately, yes. But not as a first priority. There are far more important government abuses to deal with.
If you say yes, then what happens to the people who depend on it?
Getting rid of these kinds of programs will require a significant shift in attitudes and expectations. It's not something that could be done overnight.

Forum List

Back