Do you feel we should end Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid?

Mac., are you for socialized medical care? Health care for everyone. With a coupld of twists?

If so, cool. You always do seem a little reasonable. But your buddies are gonna be mad.

I generally end up pissing off both ends of the spectrum at some point, which I consider to be a very good sign.

:tongue:

What I want is to significantly lower the cost of health care delivery, maximize access and maintain quality. And a public/private partnership can do that.

Those who scream about "socialized medicine" and "freedom" either don't or won't understand how much extra they are paying for their "freedom" because Rush doesn't get into that. The inability of millions of Americans to access preventive and diagnostic services is costing us a ton and damaging the system.

Total lie.

They have all the access they want...Nobody is physically preventing anyone from getting anything....They merely have to pay for services rendered.

A lot of this would go away if the pimps for socialized medical services would just admit that they're total cheapskates.

We need to make it work better because the programs are broken and broke. The democrat solution is to confiscate assets and property from the private sector and throw money at the problem. What else do you expect from a former community activist who hires a treasury secretary who is so dumb that he doesn't know how to fill out an IRS form? You have a republican candidate who knows how to make money and radicals hate him. The world is upside down to liberals.

The federal programs cannot be ended quickly enough to suit me.

If the states want to pick up the functions that these programs coverm that's up to them - I would personally oppose any such initiative in my state.

You, and no one else, are responsible for you; expecting others to take care of you is the most hideous excample of self-important narcissism I can think of.

A "true" Patriot who believes in every man for himself. Good for you. If you aren't a Republican, you are certainly the "Republican Ideal".

Who are you to force someone else to be responsible for your well being?

Yes, we should end Medicare and Medicaid. They should be replaced with (1) a Medicare-For-All health care delivery chassis that provides low-cost or no-cost preventive and diagnostic services to keep the populace healthier and therefore dramatically reduce the overall cost of health care delivery in America, (2) a robust and competitive free market-based insurance supplement menu based roughly on the current Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage systems, opening up a massive 300 million-plus market to the insurance companies at lower operating costs due to (1), (3) the creation and utilization of other obvious cost-cutting measures such as tort reform, national supplemental plans, Value-Based Insurance Design and global, coast to coast electronic records, and (4) low income subsidies for (2) above which will keep costs down in the long run due to decreased utilization by the demographic that historically is significantly less healthy.

Yeah, so get rid of Medicare and Medicaid and replace them.

No, we should not end Social Security. And anyone who thinks we should is so completely blinded by simplistic partisan ideology that they simply cannot see the damage it would do, top to bottom, across the country. Eliminating or significantly increasing the current Social Security income cap for payroll deductions (currently around $110,000) would create a de facto means testing apparatus and make Social Security solvent for a very long time.

Easiest freakin' question I'll answer all day.

Quoted because it is one of the best, most well thought out answers I've seen in a long time on this board. I wish I could give rep more than once.

If the states want to pick up the functions that these programs coverm that's up to them - I would personally oppose any such initiative in my state.

You, and no one else, are responsible for you; expecting others to take care of you is the most hideous excample of self-important narcissism I can think of.

And the second part of the OP’s question…?

You are aware that there are millions of Americans – through not fault of their own – who indeed lack the resources to afford medical care or to be self-sufficient, such as age or disability.

There are also states unwilling or unable to implement their own programs.

You, and no one else, are responsible for you; expecting others to take care of you is the most hideous example of self-important narcissism I can think of.
^
This.

And how would you two address a generation of retirees who lose their retirement money in a stock market crash? This would force them to either stop working and be destitute (not good for our economy) or continue working well after retirement age, which would prevent younger workers from getting into the job market (not good for our economy).

Honestly, how would you address that situation when it happens?

American's have alwasys taken care of its sick, poor, disabled and so on. Are we ready to abandon that principle just so the wealthy can have a few more bucks? Should we also discontinue the fire and police departments and take care of those problems on our own? What are we more likely to die from, an Iraqi invasion or a health issue?

American's have alwasys taken care of its sick, poor, disabled and so on. Are we ready to abandon that principle just so the wealthy can have a few more bucks? Should we also discontinue the fire and police departments and take care of those problems on our own? What are we more likely to die from, an Iraqi invasion or a health issue?

Police and fire are LOCAL ISSUES.

Your desire to steal from others so you can live better has been noted...............

Your state already runs its Medicaid program.
Medicaid is a joint state/federal program, funded by both. and administered by the states.

Indeed. Meaning your state runs it ("picks up the functions" of the program) and gets a boatload of extra federal cash to do so.

Do you think your state's Medicaid program is better run than the federal Medicare program? If you had to choose, which one would you rather get your own insurance through?

Medicare is not a "voucher system". Turning it into a "voucher system" would end it.

Insurance companies are not going to give old people insurance. They are a "risk".

Those are the facts.

Yeah, thank God for that. The feds would totally screw it up. They just provide the money and the regulations.

Obama wants to replace Medicaid. I don't know the ins and outs of the program enough to say how bad that may be, but it's clear everything Obama touches turns into shit or some kind of redistributive action. He may raise the income limit to include more people or he may lower it, or he may exclude some because of race. It depends what he wants to do. It's a way of controlling low-income folks and buying their votes.

Last edited:
Medicaid is a joint state/federal program, funded by both. and administered by the states.

Indeed. Meaning your state runs it ("picks up the functions" of the program) and gets a boatload of extra federal cash to do so.
Not what I meant - the state woud then (possibly) create/run/entirely fund some sort of medicaid system, absemt any participation by the Federal government. That's -not- what is is place now, and so the current medicaid system is in every way an invalid example for any purpose relevant to what I said.

Do you think your state's Medicaid program is better run than the federal Medicare program?
I don't really care, given that I would oppose any state-run medicare system.

Just give everyone a one time choice to opt in or out of these programs.

Ok, but again, how do you address a generation of retirees who have their retirement accounts wiped out in a stock market crash?

here is a little fact you can NOT DISPUTE.

Had SS been reformed with that 10% investment...You would have money in a SS account.

Instead we have the government threatening the checks if they cant borrow more to cover them.......

You, and no one else, are responsible for you; expecting others to take care of you is the most hideous example of self-important narcissism I can think of.
^
This.

And how would you two address a generation of retirees who lose their retirement money in a stock market crash?
You are responsible for you, and you have no right to impose on others to take care of you.

And the second part of the OP’s question…?
Addressed by my third line.

Forum List

Back