Do you feel safe America?

I wont' deny that it has happened and probably still does happen, and many, many liberals can spout as much hateful vitriol as the conservatives in question, I almost never see liberals giving broad death-threats to the entire conservative population.

Even people who would really want this to happen would probably not say it, as the main liberal goal for banning guns, stopping the death penalty, and being anti-war is to stop violence in the first place, and it would conflict with their other stances as such. Conservatives have never been one for the nonviolence movement.

I don't actually agree with banning guns , merely keeping them regulated (don't remove the laws preventing felons/the clinically insane/etc from going into a gun store and buying a shotgun).

However, it seems that a lot of conservatives here and everywhere immediately go out and assume malice for the anti-gun people. Lots of liberals don't know about, or aren't aware of the validity(95% of statistics are made up on the spot ;) ) of the statistics involving the banning of guns and its effects on crime. It's a misplaced desire to do good and prevent crime, not an attempt to turn you into a government slave or deliberately leave you defenseless in the hopes that you'll get mugged. Most people who don't live in dangerous areas, never encounter a mugger or robber face to face, and realize how much your life is at risk - from there, people wonder "Why would you want to kill someone who's not going to even hurt you? A death sentence for a mugging seems extremely harsh" - plus, the fact that many criminals use guns in the first place to mug you or whatnot adds to that opinion.

However, whenever anyone brings the topic up in many places, it seems often a pile of death threats immediately come up. Usually involving how if the person/the cops/the government tries to touch their guns, they'll shoot them (i.e. a death threat).

I know this really isn't 'serious' either (I'd hope that you wouldn't value your guns over human life that isn't even doing anything but their legal job), but it is still extreme, and you can easily see how people are turned off by the fact that any time they express this view, they immediately get people either threatening to kill them or acting as if they're so stupid they might as well not be considered human any more. You can probably naturally assume that from there, they only have the belief that guns = violence reinforced, I mean, they did just threaten to kill them.

As far as trying to clean up the streets, there, the main mentality seems to be (I could be wrong) that if guns are regulated and meticulously kept track of, you can nail a criminal for merely possessing an illegal weapon, since why would you possess an illegally acquired weapon except for criminal purposes?. If a gangster is nailed for.. drunk driving or some (relatively) minor offense, and is carrying a gun on his person or in his car, and that gun is an illegally acquired weapon (serial filed off, etc), and a cop checks up then bam, you just prevented a crime, perhaps even a murder. The main (very justified) chafing point here is how much is too much, and how much is too little? Total deregulation is not the answer, and neither is total banning.

Last edited:
Video: Senator: Obama Told Me He’s Not Securing Border on Purpose | Impeach Obama Campaign

Obamas answer to violence on the border
The signs carry messages such as, "smuggling and illegal immigration may be encountered in this area."

Jan Brewer Slams Obama for New Border Signs - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Iranian Nukes - Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program

How is that Hope and change treating you America!

I feel safer with him than with the bunglers in the last administration.

Impeachobama.com? :lol:

i dont feel safe with any of them.....one would over react,while the other would be way to lax....depending on what we are talking about their positions may be reversed....gun control vs. border control....

Video: Senator: Obama Told Me He’s Not Securing Border on Purpose | Impeach Obama Campaign

The signs carry messages such as, "smuggling and illegal immigration may be encountered in this area."

One bungler replaced with a much more severe one.

Daley is doing anything he can to try to keep people alive, including cops who are being shot regularly.

The majority of Chicago police officers think everyone should be allowed to own guns AND most think we should also be allowed to open carry. They openly admit they're undermanned.

He has to criminalize guns in some way in order to actually have a chance at putting some of these pieces of shit behind bars and having it stick.

You are so naive...do you really think that all the gang members and thugs are going to register their guns? HELP! Your mentality is absurd. Daley's done a real good job so far...NOT!

I somewhat agree with you in that I believe Bush's September 2002 shift in National Security Strategy was one based on fear and the shift from deterrence would foster the nuclear proliferation as we have seen. I say "somewhat" because undoing that damage is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.

You are so naive...do you really think that all the gang members and thugs are going to register their guns? HELP! Your mentality is absurd. Daley's done a real good job so far...NOT!

Maybe you should be practicing some reading comprehension. Of course they won't register their guns AND THATS THE POINT, and just for you to think I was suggesting that shows your level of reading ability and critical thinking. I said he needed to implement some kind of law in order to be able to pin a crime on these people as quickly and as easy as he can. He doesn't want to wait for them to shoot someone so these laws can give him the *chance* to put them away on a related charge before they can take someones life.

Please use your brain for once instead of trying to "win" some sort of debate with me.

How the fuck is forcing a citizen to disassemble and lock up a firearm in their own home going to address the problems you bring up? Not allowing someone to defend their own family and home on their own porch? Really? That's going to prevent the hoodlums from shooting cops? How clueless can you get?

When his hands are tied he has to do what he can. Will it be effective? Who knows, but what should he do? Nothing and just watch people die?
What's your solution? Just let everyone shoot each other til everyone is dead? I'm guessing that isn't far off what you'd recommend.

The solution is to tighten the screws on the real crimes being commited. If someone commits assault, robbery, drug trafficing, ect., then LOCK THEM UP and throw the key away. Or does that just make TOO MUCH SENSE for you liberals?

If we did not have the assinine laws concerning drugs, and the losing Drug War, most of the violence would have stopped.

When his hands are tied he has to do what he can. Will it be effective? Who knows, but what should he do? Nothing and just watch people die?
What's your solution? Just let everyone shoot each other til everyone is dead? I'm guessing that isn't far off what you'd recommend.

The solution is to tighten the screws on the real crimes being commited. If someone commits assault, robbery, drug trafficing, ect., then LOCK THEM UP and throw the key away. Or does that just make TOO MUCH SENSE for you liberals?

If we did not have the assinine laws concerning drugs, and the losing Drug War, most of the violence would have stopped.

But then those criminals would move on to something else to be criminals of.

Do I feel safe?

Of course I do. I walk where I want at night, leave my doors unlocked, don't worry about my children when they are out

I have to worry about all those "Illegal aliens"?

I don't think so

Forum List

Back