Do you feed your cats meat? How often?

You could have just said you were being a dick. But then again I should have known.

/thread

Pointing out that you were being your normal dick-faced self executing your typical ploy of pretending to be dense as fuck was sufficient.

/Pogo

:lol: OP scrambles to fix his title ---- once I told him about it.

Sad.

Actually, it was right the first time. I had made an error after the fact. Am I not supposed to fix it? How is that sad? You rail against spelling/grammar mistakes and then make it an issue when people make corrections. You're the epitome of a grammar nazi. :lmao:

This is me in this thread. Pogo, I'll let you pick which one of those betas you are.

trump-pushes-montenegro-758x500.png

Fed our cats dry pellets (plenty off water always available).

One died young of cancer arising from (they tell me) from a tooth damaged by the crunching.

Other, says the vet, is now diabetic because of the pellets. Now he's on an almost-all-meat diet and seems to be healthier (at age 16+).

I do pellets and at times the meat. This is food for thought though, literally.

our cats and dogs get open fed dog and cat food

although the cats will raid the dogs bowls and visa versa --LOL

they also get a raw egg pretty much every day

they also are quite skilled at imposing a food tax during meal times

which includes some meats of the day

Fed our cats dry pellets (plenty off water always available).

One died young of cancer arising from (they tell me) from a tooth damaged by the crunching.

Other, says the vet, is now diabetic because of the pellets. Now he's on an almost-all-meat diet and seems to be healthier (at age 16+).

These are actually interesting concepts you bring up. I had never heard of cancer resulting from tooth damage. I used to have a stray that only had the one tooth left, but no cancer.

I also am interested in how the kibble/pellets can cause the diabetes.

I had figured that perhaps the kibble could cause intestinal problems. The wearing down of the teeth was also a concern for the sake of preserving the teeth. But I figured they may be hard for a reason, like maybe it actually strengthens the teeth?

I don't have cats now but I have had many. Indoor, outdoor, stray, barn, purebred, inbred..you name it.
You feed them according to their lifestyle. An inside apartment cat is going to have a pretty regulated diet just because if you don't, you'll have to deal with kitty poop in new and interesting appearance and scent.

Farm/barn cats got dry food once a day, and yeah we feed them eggs and meat too, leftovers, they were generally appreciative. Fed in the barn. They supplement their diets with rodents, snakes, bugs, and the occasional pheasant baby. They get fish bones, turkey carcasses, anything we don't feed the dogs.

When we had goats and cows, kitties also got milk, usually twice a day. When you feed them milk the other food is actually unnecessary, it's just to keep them coming in.

I have a militant vegan friend that doesn't feed her cat any meat. I shit you not.
She feed's it something called Amì Cat that supplements it everything it needs, and claims it has been happy and healthy for over six years. :dunno:

She has a whole group of friends that don't feed their cat's meat. I personally think it is animal abuse, which is, well, sort of ironic, since they are vegans. However, I just keep my mouth shut. You know, if you can't say anything nice, that sort of thing. It is after all, a deeply personal matter.

I have a militant vegan friend that doesn't feed her cat any meat. I shit you not.
She feed's it something called Amì Cat that supplements it everything it needs, and claims it has been happy and healthy for over six years. :dunno:

She has a whole group of friends that don't feed their cat's meat. I personally think it is animal abuse, which is, well, sort of ironic, since they are vegans. However, I just keep my mouth shut. You know, if you can't say anything nice, that sort of thing. It is after all, a deeply personal matter.

What can I say, they're retards.

Forum List

Back