Votes: 33 94.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I always find it amusing, but at times also annoying, that so many posters here claim to favor small government ideals and then turn around and support authoritarian legislation and policies. So, for those of you who claim to favor smaller government, and have the courage to have that claim scrutinized, please vote yes in the poll for all to see. As for the rest of you, if you would be so kind, please dig up as many examples of posts by these yes voters (starting with me) that stand in contradiction to their alleged claim of favoring smaller government.

129196583438657663.jpg

• Banned
Fail!

I forgot to make this poll public.

A little help from a friendly neighborhood moderator please?

I accept any challenge for anyone to show me where I've advocated more government

Funny how some want the peoples power smaller and smaller.

You have to wonder what their aims are.

Some come right out and state their aims.

to shrink it to a size they can drown in the bath tub.

I accept any challenge for anyone to show me where I've advocated more government

You support pee tests for welfare recipients.

Um...pee tests to NOT pay people welfare checks is MORE government? I'm advocating tests for people actually on welfare, getting a check of my money. I hope you are a little hottie because you're only making a living in someone else's wallet. If it's on your back instead of a welfare check at least you're the one getting screwed not me.

Anyone that supports the death penalty is not for smaller government.

I oppose the death penalty, but I'm not getting your reasoning on that one. Punishing criminals is big government? Explain. Even libertarians support having a penal system.

No.

Not unless we shrink the population and the size of the country.

I assume this question is referring to the size of the federal government...and I am all for a smaller federal government.

The size of the federal government should vary based on the amount of states...not on the size of the popultaion

Of course I support small government. Not for any reason other than our constitution tells us to limit the size of government. Our founding fathers warned us about big government. I can't help but be surprised at the number of Americans that no longer want to live by the statutes of our constitution. We have gotten away from that, and today we can't understand why our government is out of control.

Forum List

Back