Do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?

The interest rate increases across the credit spectrum that a default would cost would end up costing Americans far more than any of the revenue increases proposed as part of a compromise budget deal.

The interest rate increases across the credit spectrum that a default would cost would end up costing Americans far more than any of the revenue increases proposed as part of a compromise budget deal.

The credit spectrum ? Exactly who is that and how much money have they made off the US taxpayer throughout the years ?

And borrowing more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more money to cover expenditures we obviously cannot afford (because we have to borrow money to pay for them, DUH!) will cost us what?

And borrowing more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more money to cover expenditures we obviously cannot afford (because we have to borrow money to pay for them, DUH!) will cost us what?

Raising the current debt ceiling has nothing to do with that. Defaulting and driving up interest rates will just make balancing the budget even harder.

The credit spectrum ? Exactly who is that and how much money have they made off the US taxpayer throughout the years ?

You want a list of who loans and borrows money?

The question is understood by everyone else but you, lil confused person, so nothing dishonest, just your lack of preference. LMAO!! Run along, I already put you down as not raising the debt limit and going into default.

SO far not a single person in this thread understands your question as it stands.

They don't understand yes or no? Well, can't help the confused. You had no problem answering it here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ave-already-harmed-economy-5.html#post3879607

If I asked the same question, they would still be confused.

"Little Coward, I asked you, Do you favor default?"

VS

"Do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?"

That is not the same question. You can't default on the debt ceiling, you can default on paying the debt. Two very different things.

Last edited:

Raising the current debt ceiling has nothing to do with that. Defaulting and driving up interest rates will just make balancing the budget even harder.

and that would be a good reason to stop spending and cut it back wouldn't it?

I find it interesting that people base the debate on "you want to default." If the option is there, and it's not in this thread oddly, people will opt to balance the budget over default. It is interesting that the only option that gets the debt under control and stops the inevitable default if over spending continues is not even allowed in the debate and is missing from this thread... It seems to me people that only want the debt ceiling raised support default more than anyone else in the debate.

2 or 4 trillion in taxes over 10 years is not a balanced budget, it’s not even close… In fact even if we cut all of Bush’s and Obama’s wars, we would still be around 800 billion shy… What are the odds Obama is going to end Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and the Pakistan wars? If we didn’t have 2 wars parties in power we could at least get that much closer, but sadly that is not the case.

This a simple question, yes or no will do for an answer. Only two men here have responded to the question, (AvorySuds, Liberty), the rest of the cons are cowards to answer the direct question about themselves. Fact is, I think they favor raising the debt ceiling limit, but don't want to get wet pantys by expressing an opinion, a truthful yes or no answer. How about YOU??

Do I favour a default on the debt ceiling limit?

No. I believe Congress should not be allowed to escape an up/down vote.
Only in that way will be we able to determine which members are fiscally responsible and which are merely minions of The Marxist Regime.

Now that answers the question asked though probably not the question imagined.....

this a simple question, yes or no will do for an answer. Only two men here have responded to the question, (avorysuds, liberty), the rest of the cons are cowards to answer the direct question about themselves. Fact is, i think they favor raising the debt ceiling limit, but don't want to get wet pantys by expressing an opinion, a truthful yes or no answer. How about you??

do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?

do i favour a default on the debt ceiling limit?

No. I believe congress should not be allowed to escape an up/down vote.
only in that way will be we able to determine which members are fiscally responsible and which are merely minions of the marxist regime.

now that answers the question asked though probably not the question imagined.....

huh?

What kinda upside down universe must one live in that the answer to debt problems is more debt?

This is beyond dumb.

SO far not a single person in this thread understands your question as it stands.

They don't understand yes or no? Well, can't help the confused. You had no problem answering it here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ave-already-harmed-economy-5.html#post3879607

If I asked the same question, they would still be confused.

"Little Coward, I asked you, Do you favor default?"

VS

"Do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?"

That is not the same question. You can't default on the debt ceiling, you can default on paying the debt. Two very different things.

:blowup:

This a simple question, yes or no will do for an answer. Only two men here have responded to the question, (AvorySuds, Liberty), the rest of the cons are cowards to answer the direct question about themselves. Fact is, I think they favor raising the debt ceiling limit, but don't want to get wet pantys by expressing an opinion, a truthful yes or no answer. How about YOU??

Wait a minute shitntao? You didn't say the poll was directed at coservatives. We wouldn't even be having this debate if the Tea Party didn't put some backbone into the republican party. The debt ceiling would have been just another obstacle in the way of democrat taxing and spending the US into disaster. Don't forget that democrats were in the majority when Fannie collapsed bringing down the banking industry. It seems it was the intent.

No it would be a good reason not to make a simple obligation like raising the debt ceiling a political chew toy.

No it would be a good reason not to make a simple obligation like raising the debt ceiling a political chew toy.

We are obligated to raise the debt ceiling ? :lmao:

Are we really gonna default because O and congress sure didn't seem to give a rats ass when they voted several times to not raise the limit.

I've been over my credit limit before and didn't default. I'm just wondering if this is another boogeyman, end of he world scenario, trying to scare us all once again.

You clearly do not even understand what Default means. Simply letting the Debt Ceiling Deadline pass with out renewing it. Is not Default. We would only be in default if we failed to honor debts, or Pay interest. As we have shown over and over on this board. We take in enough money each month to cover those obligations and much more, With out Borrowing any more money.

If the let the Deadline pass with out Raising the limit. It simply means the government can not Borrow any more money. It does not mean we have no money. We take in about 200 Billion dollars a month with out Borrowing anything. The Problem is were spending about 300 Billion a month. So yes Government agencies and programs would go unfunded, parts of the government would shut down, But unless we chose to not pay the interest on the debt in favor of some other program. We would not be in default.

This Fear monger and twisting of the facts is getting out of control. We have gone as much as 90 Days beyond the deadline before with out Raising it, and we never went into Default. This is nothing but blatantly playing on Peoples fear, and Ignorance about the Issue. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Now to try and answer your flawed question. Do I favor Default on the Debt Ceiling. Well I will assume by default you mean do I favor not raising the Limit and forcing the government to shut down parts of it? (which is not Default)

Answer, in a perfect world no it would be best that did not happen, however SP has basically put us on notice. What they want is to see real evidence we intend to get our Fiscal house in order and stop borrowing so recklessly. If we simply raise the debt Ceiling with out taking real concrete measures to insure we will not have to keep borrowing so much money, It is highly likely that they will Revoke our AAA credit rating. Which like Default would be catastrophic to our Economy. So what I want to see is a deal with real compromise in it. With real cuts, and measures to get things under control along with an increase to the amount we can borrow so we can keep things going until we get things in order.

I myself will hold both sides responsible if no such deal can be made. Were between a rock and hard place here. The days of blank check borrowing are over. It's not just me saying it, the people who lend the money, and rate our credit. Have told us so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back