Do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
This a simple question, yes or no will do for an answer. Only two men here have responded to the question, (AvorySuds, Liberty), the rest of the cons are cowards to answer the direct question about themselves. Fact is, I think they favor raising the debt ceiling limit, but don't want to get wet pantys by expressing an opinion, a truthful yes or no answer. How about YOU??

Do you favor default on debt ceiling limit?

Yes and no.

yes...temporarily to 15 T, however the debt ceiling for 2012 - 13T, and the Debt Limit goes down by 1 Trillion every year till gone.
The law need to be made so that it is irreversible by future officials except in case of war or extraordinary threat to human life.

- Oh and the Debt ceiling reduction MUST be a result of spending reductions - not higher taxation.

NO! I do not favor defaulting on any of our obligations, least of all to the bondholders of our debt. I do think the debt ceiling will be raised, maybe not until a few days after the Aug 2nd deadline, but it's gonna happen IMHO. Many TPers say the ceiling should not be raised, but they're wrong because the economic hit of reducing our gov't spending by 44% as the Bipartisan Policy Center has said would be a hard hit to the economy. I favor a much more moderate approach, cut small this year and gradually increase the spending cuts to include the entitlement programs and defense too. I would not raise taxes until the economy gets going and UE drops to maybe 7% or so. I wouldn't mind trading reducing or eliminating many tax breaks, loopholes, or subsidies if the tax rates were qually reduced to balance it out.

That question doesn't even make sense. How do you default on the debt ceiling limit?

I assume you mean do "you" support default over raising the debt ceiling?

Yes, if we have no plan to get the debt under control. Currently we have very little information on the GOP's plan so I should make no comment but we do have Obama's plan and it will inevitably lead to default as it grows the deficit by I think 20 trillion but claims raising taxes will knock 4 trillion off that number making it 16 Trillion added to the deficit over 10 years... So Obama currently supports defaulting on the future bills and I don't support that.

I support massive cuts and then and only after cuts are done looking at the tax code. Raising taxes has its own repercussions and revenue will not be as projected, beyond that it will account for about 1/15th of the *growing* deficit every year… even doubling the raising of taxes Obama wants would not cover a meaningful amount of the *growing* deficit and would have a huge impact on the economy for years to come, possibly putting us in a never ending depression.

So, I support cuts over default but defaulting now over later when we have vastly more debt to deal with like Obama has put up as an option.

Last edited:
That question doesn't even make sense. How do you default on the debt ceiling limit?

I know it is complicated for you, you are confused & don't know which way to turn. IF you don't increase the debt ceiling you send the nation into default on its obligations, and you "Default." Understand that?

So do you favor increasing the debt ceiling to prevent default or defaulting by not increasing the debt ceiling??

Boy, I hope you undertsand that........:eusa_angel:

I know it is complicated for you, you are confused & don't know which way to turn. IF you don't increase the debt ceiling you send the nation into default on its obligations, and you "Default." Understand that?

So do you favor increasing the debt ceiling to prevent default or defaulting by not increasing the debt ceiling??

Hmm, that's not true... and I'm not going to enter a debate with you about it because it's just that factually untrue.

Are you claiming there are only 2 options here?

Yes or No ?

First, that's a lie. The debt ceiling limit simply prevents us from going beyond a certain amount of debt. Much like a maximum limit on a credit card. Not raising it doesn't put you in default, spending your money on other things rather than paying off your debt does.

Second, that's not the question you asked. You can't default on the debt ceiling limit, because it's not an obligation. Debt is an obligation. The limit is simply the maximum amount of debt we can take out.

Third, I'd humble recommend that you stop presuming that other people are stupid because you can't figure out how to write questions that make sense. It just makes you look foolish.

Yes or No ?

That is correct, just two responses, yes,............or no.

First, that's a lie. The debt ceiling limit simply prevents us from going beyond a certain amount of debt. Much like a maximum limit on a credit card. Not raising it doesn't put you in default, spending your money on other things rather than paying off your debt does.

Second, that's not the question you asked. You can't default on the debt ceiling limit, because it's not an obligation. Debt is an obligation. The limit is simply the maximum amount of debt we can take out.

Third, I'd humble recommend that you stop presuming that other people are stupid because you can't figure out how to write questions that make sense. It just makes you look foolish.

Well, I take that as a no from a very confused person who thinks I should word something to her liking. LMAO!!:lol:

Yes or No ?

That is correct, just two responses, yes,............or no.

Which of course is a lie.

There is no matter-of-course default if the debt ceiling isn't raised, fool.

Ok, you dishonest lil coward. Is your answer yes or no, imbecile?

How is he a dishonest lil coward for refusing to answer your dishonest question?

The question is understood by everyone else but you, lil confused person, so nothing dishonest, just your lack of preference. LMAO!! Run along, I already put you down as not raising the debt limit and going into default.

Forum List

Back