Do you exist?

Do you exist?

• Total voters
I exist everyday of the week except for Thursdays. I am not "here" on Thursdays. That is the day the space ship comes.

You can't really provide that reality is an illusion. You'd have nothing to base that off of. It's fun to think about, but really nothing backs it up.

Then walk up to the top floor of a 15-story building and then, walk out the window. If you survive, see how real you judge the pain on a scale of one to ten.

Show me how?

I could draw you a picture but I indeed exist, and so showing you how would be a pointless exercise: I'm not ready to cease existing.

You, on the other hand, do not exist and hence have nothing to lose.

Then walk up to the top floor of a 15-story building and then, walk out the window. If you survive, see how real you judge the pain on a scale of one to ten.

Show me how?

I could draw you a picture but I indeed exist, and so showing you how would be a pointless exercise: I'm not ready to cease existing.

You, on the other hand, do not exist and hence have nothing to lose.

Good point..

Noone is going to elaborate on why this is even a question? We did this in Philosophy, one and two they re-hashed it in two.

I destroyed the teacher and the entire theory. You cannot argue that you do not exist because the mere foundation of which you're arguing is born of your existence. It is impossible to not exist and argue of existence. Prove that sentence wrong, and I will be intrigued.

On Philosophers(the ancients), they bore me because all they did was practice stating an absolute. Most absolutes were arguable in some way and if you really think about this one fact**, it's not that brilliant.

** = they had all day and all night to just sit, and think. Sit, and think. Sit, and think.

Plato wrote a book in-which he proclaimed a true belief in God means that you should not fear Death. At the time, people were persecuted for certain Religious views. He wrote an aside on the book asking not to be killed, basically, asking for favor. Ironic, he feared death.

There is a non-contradictory basis for "me" to claim I don't exist. Look up "Illusions of Gunk" and "Neither Simples Nor Gunk" on Google Scholar. Whatever the plausibility of their ideas, it still makes the claim completely non-contradictory.

No, my name is Hal

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoqptB7gNV0]YouTube - 2001 A Space Odyssey Movie Part 7[/ame]

Forum List

Back