Do you exercise or work out?

If so, how often?

What is your routine?

Every day after work i do the warm ups that i did in HS before I started doing quarter mile reps. It started after i quit smoking about 5 years back. I had to burn off the stress of the day. Still at it. Just strtching and chips and sit ups and push ups along with some dumb bells stuff.

Lifting dumb bells. I'm too old to do anything dumb bell without getting injured.

Good grief, NO. But I have to say, I kinda sorta regret never getting the habit. Does seem to matter in the latter years.

Maddie, you're NEVER TOO OLD to exercise! During the summer I go to the gym around 2 pm, and there are a LOT of 'seasoned' men and women there using the machines.

YOU CAN DO IT!

And, you'll feel better, and look marvelous!

I usually do, but I slacked off the last few month. I have been swimming every day, and I played BBall the other day. I haven't played BBall in awhile, so it was a little funny to watch. lol

If so, how often?

What is your routine?

Every work day...ellipitical or bike and some weight work. I want to get back to running at night as well, but I am getting old. :(

I try to do the elliptical a few times a week, along with the machines and lifting, and of course swimming at least 5 times a week.

I have to stay in shape, I cant get out of standards and the next prt is coming up. Gotta get an outstanding on it for my evals.....oh wait, I am retired dammit....no more navy standards for me. :lol:

BRB, making a Twinkies/ice cream/potato chip run. :)

Last edited:
I am very physically active. Besides the sports that I play, Golf, skiing, biking, etc... I work out 6 days a week religiously. I have a routine that changes every 8 weeks but essentially it looks like this:

Strength "A" Supersets:
- Squats / Lying opposites (sometimes called bird dogs)
- DB traveling lunges / one arm DB rows
- Bench Press / Wide grip Lat pull downs
- Planks / one legged DB calf raises

Strength "B" Supersets"
- Dead Lifts / one legged glute bridges (holding dumbbell)
- cross legged crunches/ reverse crunch
- DB Pullovers/DB seated one arm shoulder press
- Triceps rope pull downs/ one arm DB curls

Cardio "A" - 30-35 minutes of high intensity "interval" cardio - I do this on a recumbent bike - I go until I burn 300 calories (as measured by a heart rate monitor)- I usually warm up for 5 minutes, do 10 intervals for 1 minute each, then 1 minutes rest - then warm down for 5-10 minutes or so.

Cardio "B" - 50-55 minutes of High intensity "steady state" cardio- also on recumbent bike - I go until I burn 500 calories

Monday - Strength training "A" , Cardio "A"
Tuesday - Yoga stretching (10 minutes) Physio ball routine (10 minutes),Cardio "B"
Weds - Strength training "B" , Cardio "A"
Thursday - Pre-hab (10 minutes) this is done on the physio ball it is a series of movements that protect your shoulders, core, and hips from repetitive injuries, Yoga stretching, Foam regeneration (this is a foam roller that I use), AIS rope stretches, Optional Cardio "A" (depends upon my energy level!)
Friday- Strength "A", Cardio "A"
Saturday - Yoga stretching, Hindu Pushups, Hindu Squats, Neck Bridges, and Cardio "B"
Sunday - Rest

The following week I start with Strength B on Monday!! Woohoo!!

Every 8 weeks I mix up the exercises and the order of the exercises. I also vary the strength training from circuits to straight sets every few weeks.

I figure I have this one body to use so I want to be as healthy and strong as I can be. I plan on living to age 100 and in good health. I dedicate 1 hour and 15 minutes a day to taking care of myself, i don't think that is a large price to pay. Plus, seriously, I feel great after I exercise. It's a natural high!

PS I don't judge anyone else who doesn't exercise. It is your life, your choices! :beer:

PPS - i just realized that I spent 20 minutes writing this freakin post!! :cuckoo:

I'm in heavy work schedule mode again - but I walk for at least one hour 6 to 7 days a week.

I miss the strength training, but am hoping to resume Pilates 2 or 3 days a week later this year.

My routine is 30 sets of 10 of those arm circles I learned back in grade school. I go forward AND backward, and they pump me up!

If so, how often? What is your routine?
I do P90X 3 or four times a week. The schedule that comes with it is just too tough for me. I don't even do the Plyometrics because it's just too high impact, I substitute the Sweat Cardio instead.

By doing that and changing my diet I've gone from 235 to 205. I still need to lose about 15-20 more lbs or shrink my waistline to about 33-34 inches.

I have lifted weights and jogged since Jr. High School but I'm just sick of that s**t anymore. Besides, I think I'd rather look like a "fit gymnast" than a "fat guy that lifts weights".

Yup. Weights, treadmill intervals (speed and incline), dog walking, pilates, yoga, muscle-confusion routines (On Demand has some good ones). Stuff like that. I try not to do the same thing two days in a row, try to keep the body on its toes and guessing.

My mom (83) has horrible R.A. and it has nearly immobilized her. I wouldn't wish R.A. on anyone. I move now because I can . . . some day I may not be able to.

For Madeline and Zona . . . I call b.s. on your 'old' excuse. I'm hitting Hawaii 5-0 next month and exercising it a must. Start, it is never too late. Push yourself, your body will thank you for it.

Forum List

Back