Do you ever just get SO bored with the news?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Do you ever get so bored with the news that you find yourself wishing something REALLY BIG would happen?

I seem to be there these last weeks.

Frustrated would be a better word.
We have no good news source any more.
As Morley Safer said back when 60 minutes first started and the staff was anxiously awaiting Morley to get out of a meeting upstairs that would determine whether 60 minutes had a new contract.
Morley addressed his staff and simply said..."I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is our ratings this season were the highest of any news show. The bad news is our ratings this season were the highest of any news show.
He had predicted the outcome of television news from that day forward.

Cool. Let's hope for a major disaster somewhere - just so Sunshine isn't bored. She can lead the cyber-mourning.

Cool. Let's hope for a major disaster somewhere - just so Sunshine isn't bored. She can lead the cyber-mourning.

Something big doesn't have to be a disaster. Just newsworthy:

Armistice Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which most of the new these days is not.

I know what 'Armistice Day' is, thanks. I assume you have only just discovered this annual event... which is hardly a BIG event. It's an annual commemoration.

Usually, when something BIG happens, it is not a good news story. That's the way of the world. Personally, I find it pretty stupid to wish for something "REALLY BIG" to happen.

I hate it when the news keeps repeating the same shit over and over again......sometimes they do this while there is other news stories taking place.
If anything big does happen, I hope to hell it's something good!

I know what 'Armistice Day' is, thanks. I assume you have only just discovered this annual event... which is hardly a BIG event. It's an annual commemoration.

Usually, when something BIG happens, it is not a good news story. That's the way of the world. Personally, I find it pretty stupid to wish for something "REALLY BIG" to happen.

It was the event and not the celebration to which I made reference. But you would not get this. Of course.

Fortunately for you, you don't need much to make the proverbial mountain out of the aso proverbial molehill! For you just rubbing the matter out of your eyes in the morning is something big!

Last edited:
Now and again, yes. But I don't rely on current affairs for sensory or mental stimulation - just the 'news', however bias.

I know I keep repeating myself and you people never take heed, but I'll say/write it again. If you want to stay ahead of your friends, colleagues and the mainstream media, subscribe to Private Eye for real, unsensationalised investigative journalism.

Last edited:
There was a big earthquake in Turkey.
Or is that too far from home?

So why doesn't that grab the American consciousness? There are horrendous earthquakes all over the world all the time, and tsunamis, famine, and pestilence. So why do these events go largely ignored here in the US?

Now and again, yes. But I don't rely on current affairs for sensory or mental stimulation - just the 'news', however bias.

I know I keep repeating myself and you people never take heed, but I'll say/write it again. If you want to stay ahead of your friends, colleagues and the mainstream media, subscribe to Private Eye for real, unsensationalised investigative journalism.

And you read Playboy for the articles. We KNOW! :lmao:

now and again, yes. But i don't rely on current affairs for sensory or mental stimulation - just the 'news', however bias.

I know i keep repeating myself and you people never take heed, but i'll say/write it again. If you want to stay ahead of your friends, colleagues and the mainstream media, subscribe to private eye for real, unsensationalised investigative journalism.

and you read playboy for the articles. We know! :lmao:

i give up. You're all beyond help.

Busted!~ (Pun likely to be intentional.)

It was the event and not the celebration to which I made reference. But you would not get this. Of course.

Fortunately for you, you don't need much to make the proverbial mountain out of the aso proverbial molehill! For you just rubbing the matter out of your eyes in the morning is something big!

Really? When was the last time you and I were in the house? I assume we must have been since you clearly know me so well.

Seriously, can you be more of an idiot?

Forum List

Back