Do you enjoy riding horses?

Pappadave

Aug 12, 2010
Trick question. Your answer is irrelevant. Virtually all of us gleefully climb on our high horses and strut our stuff, parading on our high moral ground. There are a very few who choose to walk, who in fact try to walk a mile in everyone's shoes. These we call selfless and generally admire and wonder at them. (How do they do that?)

We all profess to believe in free will, freedom of choice, liberty for all, etc. We act as though these ideals are unlimited when ,in fact, they are a prison; they are confined to a pretty small place; ourselves. They come with hard responsibility and duty; we must extend the exact same rights to everyone. Have we the right to reject, ignore, avoid, shun other beliefs, moralities, philosophies and be true to our own? Of course, but only for ourselves. Do any of us have the right to deny the right of other belief systems to exist? Absolutely not, but we all try anyway.

Who shall lead, and who shall follow? If there is anyone who has the only correct philosophy and persuades others that this is so, we would follow him. Ironically, if such an authority did exist, they would demand that we travel side by side as fellow travelers; there would be no need for leaders.

Enough, I need to relax so I'm going to climb up on my high horse and enjoy the view even if it is right only for me. You of course can do the same. Enjoy your ride. Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave.

Trick question. Your answer is irrelevant. Virtually all of us gleefully climb on our high horses and strut our stuff, parading on our high moral ground. There are a very few who choose to walk, who in fact try to walk a mile in everyone's shoes. These we call selfless and generally admire and wonder at them. (How do they do that?)

We all profess to believe in free will, freedom of choice, liberty for all, etc. We act as though these ideals are unlimited when ,in fact, they are a prison; they are confined to a pretty small place; ourselves. They come with hard responsibility and duty; we must extend the exact same rights to everyone. Have we the right to reject, ignore, avoid, shun other beliefs, moralities, philosophies and be true to our own? Of course, but only for ourselves. Do any of us have the right to deny the right of other belief systems to exist? Absolutely not, but we all try anyway.

Who shall lead, and who shall follow? If there is anyone who has the only correct philosophy and persuades others that this is so, we would follow him. Ironically, if such an authority did exist, they would demand that we travel side by side as fellow travelers; there would be no need for leaders.

Enough, I need to relax so I'm going to climb up on my high horse and enjoy the view even if it is right only for me. You of course can do the same. Enjoy your ride. Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave.

I don't get it.

Forum List

Back