Do You Disagree With Not Being Able To Buy/Own A Tank?

Why don't you enlighten me with a link to the number of times a rocket launcher was used in America during the commission of a crime. The idiot gun grabbers who use the Nuclear Weapon talking points with regards to gun control are a blessing to those of us who own guns... They are the most extreme dingbats the left has to offer, and do nothing but alienate rational people on both sides of the political spectrum. Have at it Marc... You're making your fellow gun grabbers look as foolish as you do.
Post exactly what's making me look foolish.

As of yet, I haven't made any pronouncements, or judgements.

I'm simply asking questions.

You seem to be reacting as if I said no more guns...I didn't.

Are you a reactionary?

Who's the foolish one considering the above facts? Me...? Or you?

No the reactionaries are the ones who use dead schoolchildren to undermine the Rights of Law abiding citizens. Every time gun grabbers compare gun Rights to private ownership of Military hardware like rocket launchers they look like complete idiots. That about sums it up.

I disagree. As i said previously, when the 2nd Amendment was written, people were allowed to own "military hardware", like, literally, every single weapon that the military could have, so could any private citizen (who wasn't a slave of course)

In fact, you can own a grenade launcher in 40ish of the 50 states. In Cali, you can own a flame thrower. And that state is Democratically controlled LOL
KeefeM20130118_low.jpg

Your right. It is step one. :lol:

No, you're moving the goalposts because you got your lame-assed straw man blown out of the water.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

No, you bailed out because you got all parse-imonious.
bear 1 (bâr)
v. bore (bôr, br), borne (bôrn, brn) or born (bôrn), bear·ing, bears
v.tr.
1. To hold up; support.
2. To carry from one place to another; transport.
3. To carry in the mind; harbor: bear a grudge.
4. To transmit at large; relate: bearing glad tidings.
5. To have as a visible characteristic: bore a scar on the left arm.
6. To have as a quality; exhibit: "A thousand different shapes it bears" (Abraham Cowley).
7. To carry (oneself) in a specified way; conduct: She bore herself with dignity.
8. To be accountable for; assume: bearing heavy responsibilities.
9. To have a tolerance for; endure: couldn't bear his lying.
10. To call for; warrant: This case bears investigation.
11. To give birth to: bore six children in five years.
12. To produce; yield: plants bearing flowers.
13. To offer; render: I will bear witness to the deed.
14. To move by or as if by steady pressure; push:

Let's just say nukes. Stop pussyfooting -- nukes. If we have a Constitutional right to bear arms, then we have a Constitutional right to nukes. Does that not follow?

I don't really want a nuke. I don't even microwave. I just want to know why the NRA isn't standing up for my right to pick up an ICBM on eBay. Seems inconsistent.

Buying a tank is not as difficult as you might think. Whether it is an English collector of military memorabilia, or a Czech with a connection to the Russian Ministry of Defense, someone out there has the tank you want. However, transporting it internationally can be challenging.

Read more: How to Buy a Military Tank | eHow.com How to Buy a Military Tank | eHow.com
Marcie doesn't give a shit...He's just in it for the straw man construction and goalpost moving. ;)

Buying a tank is not as difficult as you might think. Whether it is an English collector of military memorabilia, or a Czech with a connection to the Russian Ministry of Defense, someone out there has the tank you want. However, transporting it internationally can be challenging.

Read more: How to Buy a Military Tank | eHow.com How to Buy a Military Tank | eHow.com
Marcie doesn't give a shit...He's just in it for the straw man construction and goalpost moving. ;)

I'd like a link to where I can buy a tank with its weapons systems not disabled, also where I can buy shells for the tank and a town where I can drive my tank to the local Starbucks!

How about rocket launchers?

Those are nice and handy.

But you can't own those...do you agree with that?

Why don't you enlighten me with a link to the number of times a rocket launcher was used in America during the commission of a crime. The idiot gun grabbers who use the Nuclear Weapon talking points with regards to gun control are a blessing to those of us who own guns... They are the most extreme dingbats the left has to offer, and do nothing but alienate rational people on both sides of the political spectrum. Have at it Marc... You're making your fellow gun grabbers look as foolish as you do.

Are you a reactionary?

No, you are not asking questions. You are making assertions that have been proven wrong each time you move the bar. It makes you look ridiculous.

No, you're moving the goalposts because you got your lame-assed straw man blown out of the water.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

bear 1 (bâr)
v.tr.
1. To hold up; support.
6. To have as a quality; exhibit: "A thousand different shapes it bears" (Abraham Cowley).
7. To carry (oneself) in a specified way; conduct: She bore herself with dignity.

Let's just say nukes. Stop pussyfooting -- nukes. If we have a Constitutional right to bear arms, then we have a Constitutional right to nukes. Does that not follow?

I don't really want a nuke. I don't even microwave. I just want to know why the NRA isn't standing up for my right to pick up an ICBM on eBay. Seems inconsistent.
No, it doesn't include nukes or anything else you cannot personally "bear".

When you can point to a tactical nuke that you can haul around like an RPG, you might have half an argument....But you can't, so you don't.

Are you a reactionary?

No, you are not asking questions. You are making assertions that have been proven wrong each time you move the bar. It makes you look ridiculous.
What assertions did I make?

shipment-of-fail.jpg

bear 1 (bâr)
v.tr.
1. To hold up; support.

When you can point to a tactical nuke that you can haul around like an RPG, you might have half an argument....But you can't, so you don't.

So you're gonna plant your flag on semantics to dodge the question huh?
As they say in the same film whence came your video link:
"run away! run away!"
:cool:

shipment-of-fail.jpg

bear 1 (bâr)
v.tr.
1. To hold up; support.

The fact that the people who wrote the 2nd Amendment, who then ran the country, allowed private citizens to "bear" cannons and naval vessels kinda ruins your theory that it has to be something you could carry.

How about nuclear weapons?

Is the reasoning sound not to have those available and/or otherwise accessible to citizens?

Why/why not?

Actually you can own almost any piece of military hardware as long as it's been properly de-milled. You can own a bazooka but good luck finding ammo for it and if you do somehow find the ammo don't get caught with it.

bear 1 (bâr)
v.tr.
1. To hold up; support.

"run away! run away!"
You're the one who came up with all the permutations of the term "bear", not me.

The original intent of the original semantics is weaponry that can be personally borne (i.e. carried) and maintained by individual members of the militia.

If anyone is playing semantic games, it's you....But that's the stock in trade of lolberals everywhere.

You seem to be insinuating that the government will be under some sort of threat or duress and therefore being "in check" by their citizens.

Is that in fact what you're suggesting sir?

I just want to be clear.

I'm insinuating that a government who has something to fear from its citizens thinks twice before doing stupid shit and stripping people of their freedoms. Whereas now it is a citizenry afraid of their government and all sorts of tyranny is going down.
I disagree...at just about every given time in history, the government has means of overpowering it's citizens.

Certainly today.

To think otherwise is nuts.

And yet Thousands of well armed military have utterly failed in Afghanistan. Against goat farmers and poppy growers. Armed with small arms for the most part.

Are you a reactionary?

What assertions did I make?

The thread title was an assertion, dummy.
Do You Disagree With Not Being Able To Buy/Own A Tank?

I'm insinuating that a government who has something to fear from its citizens thinks twice before doing stupid shit and stripping people of their freedoms. Whereas now it is a citizenry afraid of their government and all sorts of tyranny is going down.
I disagree...at just about every given time in history, the government has means of overpowering it's citizens.

Certainly today.

To think otherwise is nuts.

And yet Thousands of well armed military have utterly failed in Afghanistan. Against goat farmers and poppy growers. Armed with small arms for the most part.

Thats an awful lot of government spending...to lose to some goat farmers. What gives?

"run away! run away!"
You're the one who came up with all the permutations of the term "bear", not me.

The original intent of the original semantics is weaponry that can be personally borne (i.e. carried) and maintained by individual members of the militia.

If anyone is playing semantic games, it's you....But that's the stock in trade of lolberals everywhere.

You're the one who chose a single narrow one. The stock in trade of the narrowminded.

I didn't think I really needed to spell it out but OK, take it Merriam-Webster...
Definition of BEAR
transitive verb
a : to move while holding up and supporting (something)
b : to be equipped or furnished with (something)
— bear arms
: to carry or possess arms

Now where does the Constitution spell out which definition it means?

Weird place, trying to interpret the Constitution narrowly, innit? :lmao:
Gotta love those rotating goalposts.

But let's just say you got it right, that it means only what you can carry...
In that case all Congress would have to do would be to require that "assault" weapons (however defined) must weigh five hundred pounds. All Constitutional, everybody's happy, mission accomplished, America drinks and goes home.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back