Do you consider this Adultery?

Good responses.

One girl I know is seeing a married man who is separated from his wife. She is really religious and is feeling guilt because they are in love, and he's not divorced yet. According to the Bible, it's Adultery, and thus this is where her guilt is coming from.

If she feels that she's doing something wrong, then she is. Sometimes, sin is no more than deliberately doing the opposite of what you believe to be right. You should never, EVER violate your own personal moral code, because YOU are the only person in the world you have to live with no matter what.

Good responses.

One girl I know is seeing a married man who is separated from his wife. She is really religious and is feeling guilt because they are in love, and he's not divorced yet. According to the Bible, it's Adultery
And always will be. Unless she's a Jew or something. If she's a Christian, then their relationship will always be wrong.

If a man/woman is still married, but separated from their spouse?

If they aren't divorced yet, do you think it's adultery if they are "with" someone else?

Why or why not?

Depends. Are they in the process of getting divorced, or are they expecting to try to get back together? Did they make any agreements regarding this when they separated?

He has told her they are getting a divorce but it's "complicated"

I think they have a chance to make it work, but with her 'religious guilt' and his divorce that may take years...............who knows.

If they aren't divorced yet, do you think it's adultery if they are "with" someone else?

Why or why not?

Depends. Are they in the process of getting divorced, or are they expecting to try to get back together? Did they make any agreements regarding this when they separated?

I think they have a chance to make it work, but with her 'religious guilt' and his divorce that may take years...............who knows.

Honestly, if I was seeing a man who said, "I'm getting a divorce, but it's 'complicated'," my response would be, "Well, then, maybe you need to be concentrating on it without distractions. Call me when the papers are signed."

I probably wouldn't get seriously involved with someone so soon after their marriage ended that they weren't even officially divorced, anyway. They're way too emotionally volatile then to make any sort of reliable commitment.

Father/Adrian: Yep, the Lord sure did say a lot of hibbity jibbity bibbity swibbity...but, has he ever really done anything for any of us? Has he ever put a Jaguar XJR in my driveway? No.
Man: I love that car.
Father/Adrian: Has the Lord given any of my enemies the Herpes?
Man: (laughing)The Herpes?
Father/Adrian: No!
Woman: The Lord gave my son the strength to get off drugs!

[congregation cheers]

Father/Adrian: Ma'am, I know your son. And believe me, he was better off on the drugs. At least when he was smoking hasish he used to make me laugh occasionally.
Man: After we tried for many years, the Lord finally helped my wife conceive a baby.
Father/Adrian: No, no, no. Your best friend, Fitzy, helped your wife conceive a baby. He helped her conceive it all night long!
Fitzy: Hey, hey, hey!
Father/Adrian: How 'bout you, Mayor? Has the Lord ever done anything for you?
Mayor/Cassius: Well, you know, I...I wished I could think of something, but to be honest with you, I can't! I can't think of a damn thing he's ever done for me! Kinda makes you wonder if there even is a Lord. If there even is an ultimate punishment for our so-called sins! Why don't we all just have fun and do whatever the hell we want?! Hey, hey!
Father/Adrian: Let the sin begin!
Cassius: [thinking]"Let the sin begin!" That was a good one!
Adrian: [thinking] This is so much fun! I never want it to end!

It's like being "almost" pregnant. Either you are or you are not. Either you are married or you are not. If you are married and you're getting cake from somebody elses kitchen, then it's adulty. If you are truly divorced then it is not adultry. Although legal seperation is a step in that direction, you are still married.

Why or why not?

Is he really getting a divorce? That's something a guy would say to a woman on the side whom he might be stringing along.

Is he really getting a divorce? That's something a guy would say to a woman on the side whom he might be stringing along.
Interesting....................:eusa_think:

Now why would a man not be truthful?

Same reason anyone is ever untruthful: because he thinks it's the quickest way to get what he wants.

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex

and ...

sex

sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex

and ...

sex

See how easy it is to tell the truth? :D

Why or why not?

No, not if they've already filed. Besides, if a marriage ends in divorce, it's usually over long before the filing.

Forum List

Back