Do you consider this Adultery?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
If a man/woman is still married, but separated from their spouse?

If they aren't divorced yet, do you think it's adultery if they are "with" someone else?

Why or why not?

If they aren't divorced yet, do you think it's adultery if they are "with" someone else?

Why or why not?

Nope! I think it is just what they may need to help "get over" those horribly sad feelings and memories they are trying to put behind. That's how it always work for me...:lol: Often a good sex life ended long before the marriage, and now it is time to make up for "lost time."

Depends.

Is it a precursor for a divorce? Are they trying to work things out?

If they have an understanding they will see other people, then it is not. Otherwise, I'd say it is adultery.

^^^^ Pretty much that. Depends on the individual situation.

Why or why not?

Nope! I think it is just what they may need to help "get over" those horribly sad feelings and memories they are trying to put behind. That's how it always work for me...:lol: Often a good sex life ended long before the marriage, and now it is time to make up for "lost time."

:eusa_hand: Sorry babe.... Im married

:tongue:

Good responses.

One girl I know is seeing a married man who is separated from his wife. She is really religious and is feeling guilt because they are in love, and he's not divorced yet. According to the Bible, it's Adultery, and thus this is where her guilt is coming from.

Why or why not?

If they are no longer living in the same home, have separate bank accounts, etc and/or have started the divorce proceedings but are truly separated...then no. They are not committing adultry in my opinion.

Good responses.

One girl I know is seeing a married man who is separated from his wife. She is really religious and is feeling guilt because they are in love, and he's not divorced yet. According to the Bible, it's Adultery, and thus this is where her guilt is coming from.

The bible was written by man, edited by man, FOR man. My concern would not be what a book says. My concern would be is he REALLY separated from his wife and started proceedings for divorce? If not, why not? And whats to stop him from hving a change of heart and wanting to go to counseling with "his wife" and leaving your friend kicked to the curb?

Good responses.

The bible was written by man, edited by man, FOR man. My concern would not be what a book says. My concern would be is he REALLY separated from his wife and started proceedings for divorce? If not, why not? And whats to stop him from hving a change of heart and wanting to go to counseling with "his wife" and leaving your friend kicked to the curb?

Well, that would be the million dollar question for ANY couples going through this, religious or not.

You take the risk of them going back to their spouse, lots of baggage, etc......usually it ends up with heartbreak or happiness.

But that's life. If you don't take chances, what's the point, eh?

If she is getting divorced - who gives a shit? And why the hell do they call it adultery? Extra-marital sex can happen between non-adults......:lol:

Why or why not?

Depends. Are they in the process of getting divorced, or are they expecting to try to get back together? Did they make any agreements regarding this when they separated?

Forum List

Back