Do You Consider Some Nationalities to Be More Entitled to US Citizenship?

This section seems to be transfixed on the negative impact that illegal Mexican border hoppers have on the American welfare system/economy.

So, would you be as resentful if America saw an influx in immigrants from more prosperous nations such as the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, on the condition that they swore allegiance to the United States (it's not an unreasonable demand)? I know for a fact that there are plenty who want to come, but would they be welcome?

I know it's a loaded question as the potential arrivals would already be largely self-sufficient and have a good grasp of English (the majority of Europeans from the west of the continent speak good English). But, although their numbers may present some hurdles, they wouldn't come anywhere close to the burden Hispanic border hoppers put on the American ecomony.

Yay or nay, America?

You DO realize that the problem we have with "Mexican border-hoppers" is that they're here illegally, not that they're immigrants or Mexicans, right?

The answer is that I don't give a rat's ass WHAT country someone comes from. If you went through the process to come here legally, congratulations and welcome, now get busy being productive. If you just la-di-dahed in here without reference to or concern for our laws, get the fuck out and don't come back until you can treat our country and its people with respect.

I will also say that I think our immigration policy should give precedence to people who have something productive and useful to offer our society. I don't think it's unreasonable to feel that a skilled, educated person who can do something that Americans really need is more desirable as a new citizen than someone who can't read, can't speak our language, and isn't qualified to do much more than be a migrant worker.

This is a particularly poignant and timely question. The Chinese, Russian and Irish immigrants are present and I wonder if they are any more legal than a Mexican. Nobody seems to care, it's interesting.

I know first hand that Chinese sponsor their "nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law", which means the immigrants journey is paid and then enslavement ensues in the corner restaurant whereby these immigrants are paid below legal salary wages until their passage is paid up.

Maybe its because Mexicans are brown.

No, it's because we share a border with Mexico, which means they find a lot easier to wander in here without permission than Chinese people do, given that THEY are on the other side of a big-ass ocean from us. Although it's obviously difficult to obtain fully accurate numbers on illegal aliens, we know that the by far the largest number of them are Mexican or Latin American.

Whether or not Chinese immigrants are used and mistreated by their sponsors once they get here is an entirely separate issue from whether or not they got legal permission to come here in the first place.

This section seems to be transfixed on the negative impact that illegal Mexican border hoppers have on the American welfare system/economy.

So, would you be as resentful if America saw an influx in immigrants from more prosperous nations such as the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, on the condition that they swore allegiance to the United States (it's not an unreasonable demand)? I know for a fact that there are plenty who want to come, but would they be welcome?

I know it's a loaded question as the potential arrivals would already be largely self-sufficient and have a good grasp of English (the majority of Europeans from the west of the continent speak good English). But, although their numbers may present some hurdles, they wouldn't come anywhere close to the burden Hispanic border hoppers put on the American ecomony.

Yay or nay, America?

I do not care where they come from, as long as they come LEGALLY!!!

Nationality has nothing to do with it. I am constantly amazed at the flat out refusal to hear the word ILLEGALLY entering and staying and using whatever they can at taxpayers expense. ILLEGAL. Why is that word so invisible?

Well, in Jose's case, it's because he's a racist piece of shit who's interested in whipping up racial division and hostility.

Probably the case with most people who are stubbornly blind to the word "illegal", come to think of it.

The title is: "Do You Consider Some Nationalities to Be More Entitled to US Citizenship?"

Not how bad Mexicans might be for America. I agree that the likelihood of an illegal taking your job is a mitigated risk; however clarity is in order.

Well, sweetie, here's the title AND the first line of the OP:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you can see why, despite the poster's inability to see that it's the "illegal" in HIS OWN SENTENCE, rather than the "Mexican", that's bothering people, it IS relevant to say that nationality isn't the problem; illegality is.

I live an hour from the Mexican border. Huge percentages of the population in my city are either actually from Mexico, or the children and grandchildren of people who came from Mexico. No matter what racist dipshits like Jose think, I have no problem with Mexicans at all. To the contrary, I like them culturally quite a bit, and most of them I meet individually as well (Obviously, like in any group, some of them are assholes).

I have a serious problem with illegal aliens, though. I resent the hell out of them flooding into my state, destroying it's economy, and then having the sheer brass balls to portray themselves as victims and make demands on the people of Arizona as though we owe them something because their own country is a third-world shithole. And guess what? Most of the legal residents of Mexican ancestry that I know feel the same way. Their families worked hard to get what they have, and they're pissed off at these line-jumping shitheads.

The title is: "Do You Consider Some Nationalities to Be More Entitled to US Citizenship?"

Not how bad Mexicans might be for America. I agree that the likelihood of an illegal taking your job is a mitigated risk; however clarity is in order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you can see why, despite the poster's inability to see that it's the "illegal" in HIS OWN SENTENCE, rather than the "Mexican", that's bothering people, it IS relevant to say that nationality isn't the problem; illegality is.

I live an hour from the Mexican border. Huge percentages of the population in my city are either actually from Mexico, or the children and grandchildren of people who came from Mexico. No matter what racist dipshits like Jose think, I have no problem with Mexicans at all. To the contrary, I like them culturally quite a bit, and most of them I meet individually as well (Obviously, like in any group, some of them are assholes).

I have a serious problem with illegal aliens, though. I resent the hell out of them flooding into my state, destroying it's economy, and then having the sheer brass balls to portray themselves as victims and make demands on the people of Arizona as though we owe them something because their own country is a third-world shithole. And guess what? Most of the legal residents of Mexican ancestry that I know feel the same way. Their families worked hard to get what they have, and they're pissed off at these line-jumping shitheads.

Yes darling, and there is more that goes beyond that pumpkin.

We should just bomb Mexico and it's people to smithereens and take-over and be done with it. The jungle will grow back fast.

I don't want to bomb anyone, but I do frequently think the biggest favor we could do for the majority of the Mexican people would be to just take over their country and be done with it.

Hell, at least we'd get possession of the tequila production industry. That'd be a plus.

All relevant and good info and solutions are in order. My position is that the OP is asking how do americans feel about immigration in general. Basically, Blagger has created a little petri dish and is watching Americans struggle with its own racism right here witinthis post.

Oh. That is not the interpretation I had of the OP, or the thread in general, so apparently I have misspoken. Carry on. :)

No, you read it correctly. Kiki didn't.

Yes darling, and there is more that goes beyond that pumpkin.

Nope, there really isn't. As much as some people insist on ignoring the "illegal" aspect to this and puzzling endlessly over inane questions of, "So, is it specific nationalities that bother you?" that really is all there is to it: we don't care about nationality. We care about legality. Period, full stop, end of debate.

I can care less what nation your from if you come here legally then I have no problem but if your here illegally then I have an issue with you.. I have friends from Honduras they came here legally learned our language and took a citizen test. IF your here for a work permit fine do your work then go back to where you come from. The reason why Mexicans get the bad rap is because they are the ones here in droves.

Originally posted by Cecilie1200
Nope, there really isn't. As much as some people insist on ignoring the "illegal" aspect to this and puzzling endlessly over inane questions of, "So, is it specific nationalities that bother you?" that really is all there is to it: we don't care about nationality. We care about legality. Period, full stop, end of debate.

I'd go easy on Mexicans if I were you, Cecilie.

There are a lot of people in America that would love to ship your "post-racial" child to Beijing. They'd give everything for the chance to do to your son the same thing you want to do to illegal Mexicans.

They don't give a rat's ass about his legal status. Those Anglos will always consider him a legalised mutt. A mutt with papers but a mutt nonetheless.

Yay or nay, America?
Good question, although you probably wont get answers you expect.

Immigrants from Europe are more likely to be skilled workers that will not live off welfare. Mexican immigrants, many of whom are escaping out of poverty, will likely live on welfare at some point. Ultimately, I desire more open borders. But you simply cannot have heavy immigration and welfare at the same time. It is a recipe for disaster. Which is why I think the welfare state must be abolished. Poor Irish Catholics and Chinese came to America before welfare and minimum wage. Now they are two of the most wealthy ethnic groups in America.

The system is unfair. Mexicans clearly are willing to work for lower wages (illegal immigrants do this already) but minimum wage prevents them. Such wages would allow them to develop skills to move their way up like the Irish and Chinese. But because of minimum wage, they will have a much harder time finding a job. This will put them on welfare, a system that further encourages not working.

Given our welfare state, poorer immigrants would not be a good thing in our economy. But it is the welfare state that makes this the case.

José;3926966 said:

There are a lot of people in America that would love to ship your "post-racial" child to Beijing. They'd give everything for the chance to do to your son the same thing you want to do to illegal Mexicans.

They don't give a rat's ass about his legal status. Those Anglos will always consider him a legalised mutt. A mutt with papers but a mutt nonetheless.

Wow. I thought insulting a poster's family members was one of the few things frowned upon here. This seems like an incredibly rude and uncalled for comment. :(

José;3926966 said:

No, dumb shit, there aren't. There are scant handfuls of impotent, three-toothed dumbasses grousing over their Miller High Lifes about "mud ducks", I'm sure, and they're almost as powerless and irrelevant in their personal lives as they are in the political life of this country. Certainly, they do not constitute any reason that I should be any less brutally honest about ILLEGAL ALIENS (I've never said anything bad about Mexicans, unless one is as stupid as Jose, and thus thinks that all Mexicans are illegals and vice versa).

And my son happens to be a natural-born citizen of this country, born to two more natural-born citizens, thanks so much.

I give a fuck what a bunch of needle-dicked white losers think about my life choices almost as little as I give a fuck what a needle-dicked loser like YOU does. People who use the word "mutt" in reference to other human beings are just demonstrating that they have to be proud of something they had no control over - their race - because they're too useless to actually DO anything to be proud of.

Take a long look in the mirror, Jose, because I AM talking about you.

José;3926966 said:

Wow. I thought insulting a poster's family members was one of the few things frowned upon here. This seems like an incredibly rude and uncalled for comment. :(

Thanks, but I can handle this racist jackwagon without complaining about rules violations. He's just pissed that managing to be born into a certain ethnicity was the highest achievement of his whole sorry, misbegotten existence.

José;3926966 said:

Okay guys, I need more rep so I can neg rep this creep right into the ground....

Originally posted by DiAnna
Wow. I thought insulting a poster's family members was one of the few things frowned upon here. This seems like an incredibly rude and uncalled for comment.

People who use the word "mutt" in reference to other human beings are just demonstrating that they have to be proud of something they had no control over - their race - because they're too useless to actually DO anything to be proud of.

Take a long look in the mirror, Jose, because I AM talking about you.

Originally posted by Againsheila
Okay guys, I need more rep so I can neg rep this creep right into the ground....

Bunch of mentally retarded women!!!! Unable to understand a tiny post with about 70 words!!

I was referring to ANGLOS... those are their words, not mine!! What I said is based on my personal experiences in the US. How could I call anyone a mutt when I'm a mutt myself (like most people of Latin American ancestry)??

And call me a creep all you want, Sheila, but I still remember all the times you complained about whites becoming a minority in America.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back