do you consider anyone of the opposite party or political beliefs friends of yours?

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Yes, I do. I dont think, I have to hate someone, to hate or strongly dislike their ideas. They may hate or strongly dislike my ideas, but does that make me better then them, or them better then me?

I find that people on this board who disagree with me, are the ones who keep me grounded, so i dont become extreme.

I value my friendship with everyone.

I dont wanna name names, cause i dont wanna embarrass anyone

But how you treat me is the only thing that matters, not what you think or believe.

i consider all of you friends.

Yes, I do. I dont think, I have to hate someone, to hate or strongly dislike their ideas. They may hate or strongly dislike my ideas, but does that make me better then them, or them better then me?

I find that people on this board who disagree with me, are the ones who keep me grounded, so i dont become extreme.

I value my friendship with everyone.

I dont wanna name names, cause i dont wanna embarrass anyone

But how you treat me is the only thing that matters, not what you think or believe.

i consider all of you friends.

There are some people that are moderates or moderate liberals that I consider friends, even some close friends. Most extreme liberals though I don't get along with, mainly because they usually cant comprehend my sense of humor, and have different interests than me; a different idea of a fun time. Granted, I'm in high school so the people that consider themselves liberals usually go out of their way to do something revolutionary and new and call it fun, even though whatever they do usually isn't revolutionary nor new.

Actually when I first moved here (a little over a year ago), I hung out with some guys from football, who introduced me to their friends. I hardly talk to them anymore, instead finding other people that have similar interests and ideas of a good time as me--that happen to be Christian pro-military conservatives. Just works out that way, natural divide I guess.

As far as the board here goes, I consider my friends as people who have stuck up for me in the past, or have influenced me in a way that makes me stick up for them.

Sure. We have agreed not to talk politics, so we stay that way. Just kidding; however, when we do discuss politics, there is a mutual respect. The debate/discussion doesn't degrade into school yard name calling. We actually have some thought provoking debates. Too bad this board wasn't like that.

Not really, although I guess that depends on how you describe the spectrum. It isn't the label that matters, but what the other person believes. I could be friends with a libertarian or a moderate (pro-business) republican, but probably not most conservative republicans.

I don't think I would want to be friends with someone who earnestly feels that there is nothing wrong with what has happened at Guantanomo Bay, or who feels that there is something wrong with gay people. I don't dislike them and I am perfectly happy to remain amiable acquaintances, colleagues, or forum posters, but we are never going to be close socially.

While certainly possible, I can't imagine why one would become close with someone else whose personal beliefs they find abhorent.

Family is another matter - grew up with and love those who strongly disagree with me. However, with family, you have an entire lifetime of history to fall back upon.

For the purposes of my last post, please remember that I am referring to the person, not the party. I don't care how another person votes as much as why they vote the way they do.

I live in Portland Oregon. I'm surrounded by liberals. I've made several close friends who are liberal.

I also have several friends on message boards that hold exact opposite views from mine.

Surely. I worked with this guy who I thought was a pretty good guy and he was so Republican. What I respected him for was how honest he was. He wasn't the type of person to make excuses for the c*cksucker. He said that coming from the family he came from having A LOT of money most influenced his reason to choose that party.....and he loved guns, big supporter of the NRA.

Most people, I see past it or around it. Politics are b@llsh^t bottom line and I'm pretty certain organized civilizations and nations are peaking right before a big fall. This culture war is for the hearts and minds. I believe it's a spiritual battle and I'm not talking The American Christians VS The Middle East Muslims. Besides, I let G.W. piss me off too many times to care anymore. I've become more apathetic in regards to politics. I just try to show what I believe in actions.

Forum List

Back