Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No. Never

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I don't eat out

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other / Pineapple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^^ If you are polite and respectful when telling them whatever is wrong, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Sometimes it isn't the food that is the problem. My mom is no stranger to asking for another fork because the one that she has at first doesn't look clean enough.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Are you one to complain and/or report bad service, cleanliness etc., or, are you afraid they will "alter" your food if you do?
I complain when circumstances warrant it, which for me and the restaurants I frequent, is rarely.

If you consider refusing to eat at a given restaurant a complaint, that is something I do far more often than lodging a written or spoken complaint with a restaurant owner or member of a restaurant's management team.

I just don't eat there again ... it's hard because there's only 20 to 30 thousand restaurants in driving distance.

Would you ever take revenge? Like leave a super messy table, or leave change in a glass upside down on the table?

I will rarely complain....I don't think it does any good

I just won't come back

Complain to the people that are preparing and serving me my food?

No fucking way!

A couple of years ago, I want to a new brew pub in town. There were two people behind the counter, one serving food, and two cooks in the kitchen. the place wasn't very full, as there were only three small groups at tables. There was a sign right at the entrance saying to sit yourself, so I sat at a small table just a couple places over from the others being served.

The waiter at no time acknowledged my sitting down. He did not ask if I wanted anything. He did not bring me a menu. He checked in on his other tables but completely ignored me. After about ten minutes, I started feeling around my shoulders and head to make sure I was still corporeal, and having confirmed that yes, I wasn't actually invisible, got up quietly and left.

Why complain? I'm not there to force anybody to do something against their will.

A couple of years ago, I want to a new brew pub in town. There were two people behind the counter, one serving food, and two cooks in the kitchen. the place wasn't very full, as there were only three small groups at tables. There was a sign right at the entrance saying to sit yourself, so I sat at a small table just a couple places over from the others being served.

The waiter at no time acknowledged my sitting down. He did not ask if I wanted anything. He did not bring me a menu. He checked in on his other tables but completely ignored me. After about ten minutes, I started feeling around my shoulders and head to make sure I was still corporeal, and having confirmed that yes, I wasn't actually invisible, got up quietly and left.

Why complain? I'm not there to force anybody to do something against their will.

I get that from waitresses sometimes
They disappear and when they come back into the room, they will not even glance at your table

I would simply get up and leave.

I would simply get up and leave.

I do the same
Rather than complain to workers who don't give a shit, I just don't come back

Same goes for menus
My wife and I would have items on the menu that we loved. When they were dropped from the menu, we stopped going back

I don't know if complain is the right word. There are times that I might ask for something they forgot like, could you please bring me another glass of water. I usually don't complain if i don't like the food because if the cooks or chefs aren't good, what is the waitstaff going to do. I have sent my steak back to ask that it be done a bit more. But now I just order my steak medium or medium well rather than medium rare. I would rather it be a bit overdone than underdone and that saves me from sending it back. If i have Exceptional service, then i will leave a generous tip AND seek out the manager to compliment the whoever served me. If something is truly bad, i just dont' go back. I figure if they really can't see and they dont' care enough about their own business to fix what is wrong, then why should I waste my time and breath?
A few years ago, a restaurant got new ownership. We were excited to try it. When my dinner salad came it was simply a plate of iceberg lettuce. Not a shred of vegetable, croutons, or anything. I thought, Really? And we didn't go back. Well, I did go back for a business dinner and ordered meatloaf and they literally poured a gallon of gravy on it, it was totally disgusting and I didnt' touch it. I will never eat there again.

A pet peeve that drives me nuts

Tables or chairs that wobble. I have been to restaurants where I had to stuff napkins under a leg to keep it from wobbling

Tables or chairs that wobble. I have been to restaurants where I had to stuff napkins under a leg to keep it from wobbling

For me it is bad acoustics.
Just sayin, I make better food than I can get out, so when we go out for dinner it is more for the ambiance and service than the food.
And I can't stand to be in a place where we can't hear ourselves think let alone talk.

Just sayin, I make better food than I can get out, so when we go out for dinner it is more for the ambiance and service than the food.
And I can't stand to be in a place where we can't hear ourselves think let alone talk.
Agree
I expect a bar to be loud. But when you have to shout to be heard in a restaurant it gets to be a bit much
We have a restaurant near us with low ceilings and it gets very loud. We only go when we know it won't be crowded

Agree
I expect a bar to be loud. But when you have to shout to be heard in a restaurant it gets to be a bit much
We have a restaurant near us with low ceilings and it gets very loud. We only go when we know it won't be crowded

We have a place nearby that is awesome to eat at during the summer. They have a large garden/dining area outside that is larger than their indoor seating. But the inside has hardwood floors, wood tables and benches, wood walls and wood ceilings. (It's called "Big Woods" too :D ) And so every sound reverberates throughout the place.

Forum List

Back