Do you celebrate "Martin Luther King's" day?

NATO AIR said:
Let's just roll President's Day, MLK Day and Columbus Day all into one holiday.

Patriot's Day or Founders Day.

Honor them all on that day.

George Washington led the first American Revolution, Abraham Lincoln led the 2nd and MLK Jr. led the third.

I think Washington's "revolution" deserves the extra respect and attention that a specific holiday brings. Without it, we would still be singing "God Save the Queen/King".

Maybe that's just me.

NATO AIR said:

George Washington led the first American Revolution, Abraham Lincoln led the 2nd and MLK Jr. led the third.

I would not equate MLK's accomplishments on the same level as Washington's. I wouldn't even rate Lincoln's with Washington's. Washington is in a class by himself.

However, the Patriot's Day is a decent idea for MLK, Lincoln, and whomever else the federal government would otherwise officially designate a holiday for.

archangel said:
but I give up...clay and said1 are communists...no matter what ya give em for references...they just make childish comments...and fail to link to a source to disprove the sources and posts...even when ya lower the bar to a message board level for reference...so maybe they could relate... ***shrug***

No one is challenging the references the author used, just his use of them in one article from Stormfront. I didn't know being oppossed to a site of that nature made me a communist, but whatever. Better a commie than a regular at that site, like you. Get it. Probably not. What else is new, Arch misunderstands.

Now I'm done with you. Dismissed. :bye1:

gop_jeff said:
However, the Patriot's Day is a decent idea for MLK, Lincoln, and whomever else the federal government would otherwise officially designate a holiday for.

Agreed. I wonder how much money the government would save to be able to squander by rolling three holidays into one?

Said1 said:
No one is challenging the references the author used, just his use of them in one article from Stormfront. I didn't know being oppossed to a site of that nature made me a communist, but whatever. Better a commie than a regular at that site, like you. Get it. Probably not. What else is new, Arch misunderstands.

Now I'm done with you. Dismissed. :bye1:

Said1's a communist! :laugh: Ya heard it from the voice that speaks for god! Yeah, right. Almost enough to make me rep arch for the laugh. Not.

NATO AIR said:

Agreed. George Washington should regain his place of 'alone' regarding our heroes. Roll the rest, Lincoln included, into a Patriot's Day. I'm on board. I could even go with a Founder's Day, but GW still should have his own.

GotZoom said:
That would never happen.

That would be racist.

The "White Race" is the only "race" that can't celebrate their heritage.

Try a White History Week or Month. Try a parade honoring Abraham Lincoln. Try the NAAWP. Try the United White College Fund.

All racist.
I'm aware of that. The proposal of a white history month is meant to be humorous and facetious.

But you do bring up a very good point as to why that wouldn't happen.

I would reinstate George Washington and Abraham Lincoln,
and keep Martin Luther King, Jr., who was a great Martyr of Freedom,
who won the day, as the Christian matryrs of the Roman Empire did,
by the means of non-violence.

Such two vast victories for non-violence should give pause
to all people who give thought to aggression.

Alas, the examples are isolated, and for all the good they did
fade from the human behavior.

The ClayTaurus said:
Those aren't the sources. Kevin Alfred Strom is the source. He wrote the article. I could misquote conservative sources all day long and write a piece about the conspiracy in the Bush administration...I guess you'd believe that then, as well.

Since you're ready to call MLK a communist through association, then you'll agree that Strom is a Nazi.

Strom did a Michael Moore-style article on Dr. King; this is what you're in denial about. It hurts when you fall for liberal tactics, doesn't it?

Savage was bitching on the radio, you thought you'd come and drop a bomb on USMB looking for sympathetic supporters, and now, as it turns out, you've barely done one iota of research into the topic.
Baaaaaa
Sheep.jpg

Those aren't the sources of the facts? Then why are they listed as sources by Strom? Cute picture...and a typical liberal attack modus operandi. You're starting to crack and fray around the edges....does the truth frighten you? :D

SO WHAT if Kevin Alfred Strom wrote the article? Anything in particular wrong with that which you would like to clarify? Are you saying he misquoted sources? If so, can you prove that?

I never labeled King a Communist although it appears that even JFK thought he was too closely allied to them for comfort. I did say his connections to Communists was interesting and that they likely used him.

PS: Read Strom's piece called "The Piranhas, the Birds, and the 'Liberal'" :clap1:
http://www.revilo-oliver.com/Kevin-Strom-personal/piranhas.html

Superfluous Man said:
George Washington probably merits a holiday. Jesus does as well. Lincoln, most assuredly NOT. MLK has had enough streets around this country re-named for him. His life did nothing to place him in the company of Washington, Franklin, Lincoln or Christ. Honor the message but not, in this case, the messenger.
Why is he undeserving?

ScreamingEagle said:
Those aren't the sources of the facts? Then why are they listed as sources by Strom? Cute picture...and a typical liberal attack modus operandi. You're starting to crack and fray around the edges....does the truth frighten you? :D

SO WHAT if Kevin Alfred Strom wrote the article? Anything in particular wrong with that which you would like to clarify? Are you saying he misquoted sources? If so, can you prove that?

I never labeled King a Communist although it appears that even JFK thought he was too closely allied to them for comfort. I did say his connections to Communists was interesting and that they likely used him.

PS: Read Strom's piece called "The Piranhas, the Birds, and the 'Liberal'" :clap1:
http://www.revilo-oliver.com/Kevin-Strom-personal/piranhas.html
If you don't understand that a legitimate source can be illegitimately quoted or referenced, that's on you, not me. Do you understand what "out of context" means? Here, I'll show you how I can quote you technically accurately, but not in the spirit of your post. Check it out:
Screaming Eagle said:
...I ... labeled King a Communist...
I figured, being a conservative and anti-Michael Moore type, you would understand that concept.

You are a sheep because you just took what Savage had to say without knowing any background information and instantly believed it to be true. It was evident in your posting that you were drastically uninformed. Now you're on the research path to prove me wrong; I'm sure you'll be doing some "objective" analysis. You're no better than a moveon.org groupie. You just support known Nazi's who think Rosa Parks was a commie bitch.

Hey, you wanna go around quoting Nazi's be my guest. You're the one who looks like a fool.

ScreamingEagle said:
The John Birch Society has claimed from the early stages of Martin Luther King Jr.'s public career than he was a "Communist". Later, they declared King plagarized works in university for his Master's thesis and doctrinal dissertation. They also claimed that King was an "adulter" (had affairs) and "whoremonger" (used white prostitutes). White-supremacist organizations have since promoted these claims on the Internet and in their publications.

Since the early 1970s the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. has been presented as a very noble man. In the U.S. there is an annual holiday (Jan. 15th) called "Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day"). His image is constantly on television, and in public libraries. The African-American Community, and in a growing number of African countries, he has become an icon and a hero.

Is there any truth to what The John Birch Society said about him?

Unfortunately: YES!

Although not well-known the general public, most American historians and scholars of the 20th century history know the following as facts regarding Dr. King:

1) He did plagarize heavily in his masters thesis, doctrinal dissertation, and in a number of sermons he gave.

2) He did have numerous affairs with black female aids and friends. Several of them have publicly stated this over the years. He did use prostitutes upon occassion; including white prostitutes. The night before he died, at the Lorrain hotel in Memphis, Tennessee, he had two white prostitutes in his room with him.

3) He close advisor and secretary from 1955 to 1961 was Bayard Rustin; a black member of the Communist Party USA. His personal secretary from 1961 until his death in 1968 was Jack O'Dell, who was a member of the National Community of the Communist Party USA in 1962. In 1979 Evans-Raymond Pierre, a close associate of MLK Jr., told the Senate Judicial Committee: "While I was in the Communist Party, as a loyal American Negro, I knew Martin Luther King Jr. to be closely associated with the Communist Party." (Martin Luther King's Communist Connections, p.1 online) As a young man MLK Jr. attended the Highlander Folk School; which today is recognized as a private school founded by the Communist Party USA to train young Communist leaders (both black and white).

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/blackmormon/q51.htm

IF thats all they have against him, it aint much.

I dont accept the communist charges, for various reasons.

Ok, so he was an adulterer. Nobody is perfect. King David was also.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I don't condemn the guy for what he did privately, except for the fact that his most famous speech said he wanted his kids (ultimately himself as well I am sure) judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

Well, his character is certainly called into question if these allegations are true. I guess if the facts are there and can be proven...

He did do a lot of good in society, and I recognize that. But when you say one thing and then do another, then ask to be judged solely on character, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

Ok, so we judge him on his character. He was a great man, a great orator, accomplished great things for EVERYONE in our country, and had a few flaws. Yes, one was a rather large flaw, but what the hell, he wasnt out robbing banks or murdering anyone.

Besides adultery is two consenting adults. I dont know how his marriage was, in those days divorce was hard to achieve. If I couldnt have divorced my first wife, I would have left her and had to be committing adultery the rest of my life. It was just impossible to live with her.

archangel said:
go here: www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html

this will substaniate the allegations... ***shrug***

Oh fuck! I clicked the link and a book by DAVID DUKE was being advertised on top of the page. One link was about Jews and Civil Rights.

FUCKING control freak racists wrote that page. Talk about hypocrites. You want to judge MLK on his marital transgressions? How about racists, they have a history of LYNCHING PEOPLE.

LuvRPgrl said:
Oh fuck! I clicked the link and a book by DAVID DUKE was being advertised on top of the page. One link was about Jews and Civil Rights.

FUCKING control freak racists wrote that page. Talk about hypocrites. You want to judge MLK on his marital transgressions? How about racists, they have a history of LYNCHING PEOPLE.

I don't know about the link you clicked on, but in general reference to other posts in this thread, I think we have every right to feel the way we feel about anyone who commits adultery.

And I do not feel the need to make comparisons between various bad behavior, with the conclusion that it is only appropriate to condemn the worst behavior.

Abbey Normal said:
I don't know about the link you clicked on, but in general reference to other posts in this thread, I think we have every right to feel the way we feel about anyone who commits adultery.

And I do not feel the need to make comparisons between various bad behavior, with the conclusion that it is only appropriate to condemn the worst behavior.

First, I wouldnt judge a person on their adultery unless I knew all the circumstances. Maybe for some reason, his wife wasnt giving any at home. Who knows? Im not saying it was right or wrong, or anything, just that I dont know.

And I think it is totally IRRELEVANT. Thats one reason I dont know anything about it, whenever I hear it brought up, all I can think is, why would anyone give a shit?

Black/White relations have become an emotionally charged political morass in this country, "debated" by the uninformed until all civility is forfeit. MLK was more like Gandhi than Lincoln. And he had CHARACTER FLAWS????!!!!!

How unusual.

LuvRPgrl said:
First, I wouldnt judge a person on their adultery unless I knew all the circumstances. Maybe for some reason, his wife wasnt giving any at home. Who knows? Im not saying it was right or wrong, or anything, just that I dont know.

And I think it is totally IRRELEVANT. Thats one reason I dont know anything about it, whenever I hear it brought up, all I can think is, why would anyone give a shit?

And my point, precisely, is that because you don't give a... damn, doesn't mean that no one else should be allowed to. You have the right to think it is meaningless, and others of us have the right to think it matters.

As for me, I didn't think adultery was irrelevant with Clinton, I don't think it is irrelevant with King, and I don't think it is irrelevant with anyone else for that matter.

LuvRPgrl said:

Even a casual look around that website quickly shores up the motivations of its author(s).

Forum List

Back