Do you celebrate "Martin Luther King's" day?

so let's just condemn all of our heroes, you know washington, jefferson etc kept slaves, lincoln broke numerous laws, teddy was a racist, fdr lockced up the japanese wrongly and had mistresses, etc etc

this kind of character assassination is just (pardon the term) gay.

who gives a shit what they did in their private lives? if we held every one of our heroes up to such light, we would have none left.

look at it this way. Did MLK Jr. cheating on his wife directly affect you and your life in any way?

I don't think so.

Did MLK Jr. leading a broad social movement of Americans into reversing two hundred years of bad law and policy directly affect you?

Damn right.

And for the better?

I would certainly think so.

NATO AIR said:
so let's just condemn all of our heroes, you know washington, jefferson etc kept slaves, lincoln broke numerous laws, teddy was a racist, fdr lockced up the japanese wrongly and had mistresses, etc etc

who gives a shit what they did in their private lives? if we held every one of our heroes up to such light, we would have none left.

look at it this way. Did MLK Jr. cheating on his wife directly affect you and your life in any way?

I don't think so.

Did MLK Jr. leading a broad social movement of Americans into reversing two hundred years of bad law and policy directly affect you?

Damn right.

And for the better?

When people disagree with a person's opinions, personal smearing is often the easiest counter attack.

I don't condemn the guy for what he did privately, except for the fact that his most famous speech said he wanted his kids (ultimately himself as well I am sure) judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

Well, his character is certainly called into question if these allegations are true. I guess if the facts are there and can be proven...

He did do a lot of good in society, and I recognize that. But when you say one thing and then do another, then ask to be judged solely on character, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

NATO AIR said:

I don't think so.

Damn right.

And for the better?

are you saying his affiliation with the Communist Party USA...is okay with you?

gop_jeff said:
MLK Day should be like Kwanzaa or Flag Day: on the calendars, but an optional holiday for those who wish to celebrate it can do so, the rest of us can continue to be productive members of society.

I agree. But I think that all holidays should be abolished. I don't see the benefit of having federal holidays. I doubt that MLK would really think that people not working today was somehow a benefit to anyone. If I were black I would probably want to work twice as hard on MLK day for having the oppurtunity to have the same job as whites.

On the federal Holidays thing I think everyone should just get their 2 weeks and depending on their faith they should be allowed a couple of days (for Christmas for example) to be able to observe their faith and/or visit with family.

archangel said:
His affiliation with individuals affiliated with the communist party, you mean. Right?

fuzzykitten99 said:
he preached on morals and ethical standards...then cheats (alledgedly) on his own spouse and with prostitutes? again, these are statements made by others than myself, so its not to say they are true, or that I necessarily believe them. I am just waiting/looking for actual facts proving these true.

Are you talking about MLK or Jesse Jackson?

I see a trend.

archangel said:

A lot of good Americans had people who were affiliated with the Communist Party working for them or in their responsibility. That doesn't mean they or King were "communists" or even that well connected to communists. Even in that day, most information was readily available in the media that they could have gotten, and history has noted the assistant's influence on king was marginal at best.

That said, I'd take a rank and file Communist over J. Edgar Hoover any day.

NATO AIR said:
How many US presidents have committed the same acts?
And other famous men?

Never said they didn't.

Just saw an interesting comparison between those two black leaders.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

fuzzykitten99 said:
he preached on morals and ethical standards...then cheats (alledgedly) on his own spouse and with prostitutes? again, these are statements made by others than myself, so its not to say they are true, or that I necessarily believe them. I am just waiting/looking for actual facts proving these true.
I have yet to see anything relating to fidelity in his preaching of moral and ethical standards. Can you not preach about morality if you are not 100% moral in all aspects? If that's the case, there are an extremely limited number of individuals throughout history who would be qualified to speak on morality. I don't really see the need to de-legitimize his teachings on racial morality because of his shortcomings in marital morality, be they alledged or actual.

NATO AIR said:
A lot of good Americans had people who were affiliated with the Communist Party working for them or in their responsibility. That doesn't mean they or King were "communists" or even that well connected to communists. Even in that day, most information was readily available in the media that they could have gotten, and history has noted the assistant's influence on king was marginal at best.

That said, I'd take a rank and file Communist over J. Edgar Hoover any day.

go here: www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html

this will substaniate the allegations... ***shrug***

The ClayTaurus said:
And from that angelfire site, which is lacking in references to much of the information.

It basically sounds like the JBS, and apparently this website, and perhaps Screaming Eagle, believe that MLK was nothing more than a puppet, being manipulated by white communists who couldn't give a shit about him. :tinfoil:

I was listening to Michael Savage (who's been around for a long time) who said that much of the info regarding MLK regarding his plagiarism, etc. (once readily available) has been suppressed over the years.

I don't necessarily believe that MLK was "a puppet being manipulated by white Communists". However, his association with Communist members is rather interesting. I would not put it past the Communists to have used racial issues (& MLK) to disrupt American society. Comrad Hillary today uses the race-bait card whenever she feels like it's advantageous to her.

GotZoom said:
Never said they didn't.

Just saw an interesting comparison between those two black leaders.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.
Jesse Jackson is entirely too concerned with imitating MLK, when MLK would have wanted him to transcend.

The ClayTaurus said:
Jesse Jackson is entirely too concerned with imitating MLK, when MLK would have wanted him to transcend.

Jessee Jackson is entirely too concerned with the benjamins to be worried about anything else.

archangel said:
go here: www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html

this will substaniate the allegations... ***shrug***
Quoting white supremicists now?

wikipedia said:
Kevin Alfred Strom, born in Anchorage, Alaska in 1956, was a member of the National Alliance since 1982. During his membership, he founded (in 1991) and frequently delivered the American Dissident Voices shortwave and Internet radio broadcasts. He was also the founder (1995) and editor of Free Speech magazine, published by the Alliance as an adjunct to the radio program.

ScreamingEagle said:
I was listening to Michael Savage (who's been around for a long time) who said that much of the info regarding MLK regarding his plagiarism, etc. (once readily available) has been suppressed over the years.

I don't necessarily believe that MLK was "a puppet being manipulated by white Communists". However, his association with Communist members is rather interesting. I would not put it past the Communists to have used racial issues to disrupt American society. Comrad Hillary today uses the race-bait card whenever she feels like it's advantageous to her.
Ah, Michael Savage; that's where this is coming from...

Forum List

Back