Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo and why?

Pale Rider said:
Well 1549 whatever, your arrogance is only exceded by your liberal psychobabble. Both of which I detest. And if there's ANYTHING I can do to PISS YOU OFF, I'll do it.

You can kiss my lilly white ass mother fucker. You got that? I could give a flying fuck WHAT you think of me or my opinion. I'm glad it rattles your cage.

Now get the fuck over it, or get the fuck off of here ya fucking newbie.

If language is an indication of emotion then I would guess that your cage is more rattled than mine.

You are the one who made sure to go out of your way to leave me a nice little message as well, I believe it said something like "go fuck yourself cherry".

My roomate and I were wondering what the cherry part was all about...

onthefence said:
A Glock is a toy. I carry a Kimber Ultra II. I only trust the best, with my life.

Yeah that's the first thought that comes to me when I fire it......shit, what a toy, I need to go spend 3 times as much and get a gun that basically does the same thing for me, some one that fires it a few times a month to blow the dust out of the barrel.

I don't go to war with my handgun, I have it to feel better about carrying thousands of dollars worth of camera and survey equipment all over the place. Whether I ever fire a shot, I do feel more capable of defending myself and my property in a world that gets scarier every year.

The Kimber is obviously a superior gun but I would rather spend the money I saved on a new Nikkor lens. I get a much bigger charge out of shooting a camera and capturing a moment in time.

I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo..

sitarro said:
Yeah that's the first thought that comes to me when I fire it......shit, what a toy, I need to go spend 3 times as much and get a gun that basically does the same thing for me, some one that fires it a few times a month to blow the dust out of the barrel.

I don't go to war with my handgun, I have it to feel better about carrying thousands of dollars worth of camera and survey equipment all over the place. Whether I ever fire a shot, I do feel more capable of defending myself and my property in a world that gets scarier every year.

The Kimber is obviously a superior gun but I would rather spend the money I saved on a new Nikkor lens. I get a much bigger charge out of shooting a camera and capturing a moment in time.

I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo..

All good points. A Glock will fire everytime yo pull the trigger. It actually is a better combat handgun than my Kimber. I guess it comes down to ego. Besides, the Ultra Carry isn't that much more expensive than your Glock. Glocks average about $500. You can buy a Kimber Ultra for around $650. It's probably more preference than anything. I like steel and I don't like a .45 to be double stacked. My hands aren't that big and can't grip the Glock. I was just givin' ya some shit. If it works for you, shoot away.

1549 said:
If language is an indication of emotion then I would guess that your cage is more rattled than mine.

You are the one who made sure to go out of your way to leave me a nice little message as well, I believe it said something like "go fuck yourself cherry".

My roomate and I were wondering what the cherry part was all about...

Cherry refers to someone that's new, untouched, like a virgin, YOU. I'm shocked that neither you or your playmate didn't know that. Just goes to show, you really ARE a cherry. A little punk, with no worldly experience. You know only what your liberal friends and parents have told you. Your head's full of mush.

Grow up, then come back. You're out of your class here.

onthefence said:
All good points. A Glock will fire everytime yo pull the trigger. It actually is a better combat handgun than my Kimber. I guess it comes down to ego. Besides, the Ultra Carry isn't that much more expensive than your Glock. Glocks average about $500. You can buy a Kimber Ultra for around $650. It's probably more preference than anything. I like steel and I don't like a .45 to be double stacked. My hands aren't that big and can't grip the Glock. I was just givin' ya some shit. If it works for you, shoot away.

I personally don't like the grips of Glocks, but I suppose it's a personal preference.

onthefence said:

No sweat fenceman,

I was lucky enough to get that Glock from my brother for 250, couldn't not get it for that price. Is 650 the sreet price for that Kimber? When you mentioned it I Googled it to check it out and the pricing they showed on the 1 site that mentioned price was about 1100. All of the reviews were very favorable and it looks very well designed and built, well worth 650.

One of the guys at the tobacco shop is an ex-Israeli combat soldier that now teaches Israeli style hand to hand combat here in the states. He has a wide variety of weapons and highly suggested I take the deal from my brother on the Glock, that is what he carries. Very intense guy, Iran really doesn't seem to have a clue who they are screwing around with.

I still don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo(feeble attempt to stick to the thread). :laugh:

sitarro said:
No sweat fenceman,

I was lucky enough to get that Glock from my brother for 250, couldn't not get it for that price. Is 650 the sreet price for that Kimber? When you mentioned it I Googled it to check it out and the pricing they showed on the 1 site that mentioned price was about 1100. All of the reviews were very favorable and it looks very well designed and built, well worth 650.

One of the guys at the tobacco shop is an ex-Israeli combat soldier that now teaches Israeli style hand to hand combat here in the states. He has a wide variety of weapons and highly suggested I take the deal from my brother on the Glock, that is what he carries. Very intense guy, Iran really doesn't seem to have a clue who they are screwing around with.

I still don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo(feeble attempt to stick to the thread). :laugh:

You got one hell of a deal on that Glock. I would have bought it too. New Kimber Ultras are around 1100, but you can usually get one at a gun show or pawn shop for much cheaper. Kimber makes the best custom 1911's out there. I've always been a Colt fan, until I fired my Dad's duty weapon. He carries a Kimber Eclipse. It sold me fairly quickly. I now own two. I carry the Ultra and I have a Custom TLE that shoot a few hardball competitions with. I carried a Glock model 21 when I work the Sheriff's Department back home. I qualified well, I just couldn't get over the girth of the stagger stacked magazine. It was just too big. If you have a chance to fire a Kimber, take it. You won't be disapointed.

For the Record: I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I simply like cheap beer. :beer:

onthefence said:
For the Record: I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I simply like cheap beer. :beer:
Exactly. If anything, we're patronizing the holiday, cheapening it to nothing more than an excuse to get shitfaced. Drinking Corona and eating Chipotle hardly qualifies as celebration.

I would imagine that would piss the people who really care about Cinco de Mayo off quite a bit. Imagine the anger if people cheapened Christmas into a drinking holiday.

Don't like Cinco de Mayo? Then delegitimize it through debauchery :thup:

5stringJeff said:
I personally don't like the grips of Glocks, but I suppose it's a personal preference.

I didn't either, I replaced them with Hogue grips. I used Pachmayr on my Ruger super Blackhawk but they didn't make anything I liked for the Glock. It does come down to personal preference once you get in a quality range. Same with cameras, I have always liked the way a Nikon feels in my hands, the controls just always seem to be in the right place.

And I have no reason to celibrate Cinco de Mayo(I always thought it was the day Mayonnaise was discovered). :teeth:

Americans should all go and pull one beer at least down on Cinco de Mayo, not because it was a great day for Mexico, but because it was such a humiliating defeat for the French!

:beer:

The ClayTaurus said:
Exactly. If anything, we're patronizing the holiday, cheapening it to nothing more than an excuse to get shitfaced. Drinking Corona and eating Chipotle hardly qualifies as celebration.

I would imagine that would piss the people who really care about Cinco de Mayo off quite a bit. Imagine the anger if people cheapened Christmas into a drinking holiday.

Don't like Cinco de Mayo? Then delegitimize it through debauchery :thup:

Nice spin. It's a maybe... :D

Forum List

Back