Do you carry a knife for self defense?

You never answered the question as to what makes you think you're such a badass. Surely a tough guy like you wouldn't be afraid to answer...

Easy...what makes me a badass is I go about my life unafraid of evil lurking behind every corner, not having to arm myself to the teeth to function in society, not worried that I will someday have to take up arms against my own government

So in other words, NOTHING. You walk around hoping and assuming that society will protect weaklings like yourself. Got it. Maybe time for you to stop with the tough-guy talk though.

You never answered the question as to what makes you think you're such a badass. Surely a tough guy like you wouldn't be afraid to answer...

Easy...what makes me a badass is I go about my life unafraid of evil lurking behind every corner, not having to arm myself to the teeth to function in society, not worried that I will someday have to take up arms against my own government

So in other words, NOTHING. You walk around hoping and assuming that society will protect weaklings like yourself. Got it. Maybe time for you to stop with the tough-guy talk though.

Actually, I walk around without fear. Doesn't get tougher than that.

Now, why would a pussy like you have to be armed? Fraid of the dark?

You walk around with your head in the clouds, counting on society's stability and, barring that, for your betters to protect your weakling ass. That's not tough. That's 'hopeful' at best.

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your home or do you have home owners insurance?

Just curious what people's thoughts on this are.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

There is no such thing as a knife "fight".

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

Actually there is such a thing as a Knife fight but just like so many other things its not like it is portrayed in the movies because you don't slap blades its more like skillful pig sticking.

There is no such thing as a professional knife fighter.

Cold Steel offers courses in using a knife for self defense.

I am not suggesting that a knife is the best defense, or even that it is a good defense. However, a knife affords some protection. I have always carried a pocket knife. Even as a pre-teen I carried a pocket knife. However, in recent years, I have carried a knife with a longer blade because it offers me a degree of protection if an attack is unavoidable.

I remember reading about various studies which showed the mere sight of a knife would scare potential attackers away. All I know is that I feel safer with my knife than without it.

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your home or do you have home owners insurance?

I like a flame thrower.. Fight fire with fire!

Forum List

Back