do you care about lance armstrong or manti te'o ?

do you care about armstrong or te'o story ??

• yeah, i care

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • i follow it a little

• no

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • who ??

• Total voters
i'm curious. it's either a slow news week or our values are slipping ??

I care, and will never forgive, what Lance Armstrong has done. He was such a decent-acting guy that weekend I talked with him and he parked his bike in our hotel for the Tour de France race. One would not have suspected him of being a fraud.

I care about Te'o out of curiosity, because I really don't know what to make of it all, yet. I mean, is he delusional?

From Dr. Keith Ablow:

"Now, America knows that Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o never had a girlfriend named Lennay Kekua.

Despite the fact that Notre Dame—and the national college football community as a whole—swooned over tidbits of Te’o’s tragic three-year romance, including Kekua having surviving a car accident only to, later, succumb to leukemia, his girlfriend was a fake. She never even existed. All she ever was were contrived messages on Twitter and elsewhere. Her pretty photograph had been stolen off the Facebook account of another woman.

Te’o insists he was duped by someone who wanted him to fall in love with an imposter, with a ghost created by today’s technology—a phenomenon known as “catfishing.” Yet, many inconsistencies in Te’o’s own story of the couple’s supposed romance raise the question of whether he was part of the scheme. If so, some theorize his motivation may have been to create a mythical, magical story to help propel him to the Heisman trophy.

Either way, Te’o needs psychological help. One version of the story paints him--------

Read more: Does Manti Te'o suffer from the 'delusional disease'? | Fox News

Armstrong deceived and disappointed a lot of good people who stood up for him against severe criticism.

It is very important to the detriment of the US in the world.

It was bad enough to have one bad Texan, 'W', but this second one, while a piker compared to that former governor in terms of the damage done, is totally unneeded.

Forgot to add, and perhaps admit, that I don't know who the other person is.

i'm curious. it's either a slow news week or our values are slipping ??

I care, and will never forgive, what Lance Armstrong has done. He was such a decent-acting guy that weekend I talked with him and he parked his bike in our hotel for the Tour de France race. One would not have suspected him of being a fraud.

I care about Te'o out of curiosity, because I really don't know what to make of it all, yet. I mean, is he delusional?

From Dr. Keith Ablow:

"Now, America knows that Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o never had a girlfriend named Lennay Kekua.

Despite the fact that Notre Dame—and the national college football community as a whole—swooned over tidbits of Te’o’s tragic three-year romance, including Kekua having surviving a car accident only to, later, succumb to leukemia, his girlfriend was a fake. She never even existed. All she ever was were contrived messages on Twitter and elsewhere. Her pretty photograph had been stolen off the Facebook account of another woman.

Te’o insists he was duped by someone who wanted him to fall in love with an imposter, with a ghost created by today’s technology—a phenomenon known as “catfishing.” Yet, many inconsistencies in Te’o’s own story of the couple’s supposed romance raise the question of whether he was part of the scheme. If so, some theorize his motivation may have been to create a mythical, magical story to help propel him to the Heisman trophy.

Either way, Te’o needs psychological help. One version of the story paints him--------

Read more: Does Manti Te'o suffer from the 'delusional disease'? | Fox News

You stated the whole thing perfectly.

Lance Armstrong is a DISGRACE, and Manti Te'o is either an atypical punk-ass college athlete or he is very mentally ill.

Either way, they are both a product of what our country has become: no personal responsibility, no accountability, no integrity, and a pathological entitlement mentality that is frightening.

Lance has deep regrets and is sorry enough to lose everything for what he did. I have to forgive him and thank him for telling the truth at last. He will be paying a terrible price for the rest of his life, not to mention the lie ate away at himself all these years, damaging those who trusted him. Now the issue is where it belongs--between him and God so he can be reconciled by paying the price his fellow men require of him.

Many times people who drive themselves very, very hard fail to grow up inside. Immaturity causes bad decisions. We can only hope that those who err stop it and begin a life of doing the right thing thereafter.

My gavel rests.

Never heard of this Manti Te fella, but with regards to Lance Armstrong, no. But the Sunday Times of London has taken an interest, and is counter-suing him for £1,000,000 after Armstrong dishonestly had them over a barrel in court after they blew the whistle on his doping. He could face extradition.

Last edited:
Lance has deep regrets and is sorry enough to lose everything for what he did. I have to forgive him and thank him for telling the truth at last. He will be paying a terrible price for the rest of his life, not to mention the lie ate away at himself all these years, damaging those who trusted him. Now the issue is where it belongs--between him and God so he can be reconciled by paying the price his fellow men require of him.

Many times people who drive themselves very, very hard fail to grow up inside. Immaturity causes bad decisions. We can only hope that those who err stop it and begin a life of doing the right thing thereafter.

My gavel rests.

no, i think he is sorry he got caught....

the thing is... he started his doping in college. I have no links for that, but that is what i can tell you.

I care about it only in the sense that it demonstrates how the media manipulates public "information."

I recorded his interview with Oprah but haven't watched it yet. I'll watch only because he's such a jerk and I want to see him embarrass himself.

aren't forgiveness and redemtion en vogue now. the liberals want to show how compassionate they are and the conservatives make money from it. and the liberals want to make money from it.

talk about packing a lot into a life, and he's early forties. i think he's a pathological narcissist (armstrong). but he's done good stuff to, not the bullying part.
the te'o story is weird, but these two guys are huge.

Last edited:
aren't forgiveness and redemtion en vogue now. the liberals want to show how compassionate they are and the conservatives make money from it. and the liberals want to make money from it.

talk about packing a lot into a life, and he's early forties. i think he's a pathological narcissist. but he's done good stuff to, not the bullying part.

Idiot.

I recorded his interview with Oprah but haven't watched it yet. I'll watch only because he's such a jerk and I want to see him embarrass himself.

Then you'll be disappointed. From what I saw, he skillfully navigated his way around some very unassuming ambushes. Cicero would've been proud.

but is it schadenfreude if the guy is a dick, which he is. all bullies, by definition are dicks

Then you'll be disappointed. From what I saw, he skillfully navigated his way around some very unassuming ambushes. Cicero would've been proud.

that got me to thinking, he (armstrong) didn't have to do any of this. i wondered if he was glad the te'o story eclipsed him, or was he annoyed by the attention to someone else in sports. is the thinking about being famous or infamous converging. look at old man clinton, now he's president of the effing world. if there was an election for that.

Having just got off my bike and sweating my butt off, I thought about what Armstrong represented to so many people...HOPE in overcoming what could have been a fatal illness, CHARACTER in spite of many odds he had against him he, believed in himself and persevered, a ROLE MODEL that our youth could look to when needing inspiration.

Today is he just another fallen sports star, no more than a footnote, who belongs with the Chicago Black Sox, Micheal Vick, Pete Rose and many others.

Sports stars are put on pedestals and held in high esteem in our society to the detriment of children. In some cases they stand in the "shoes" of a father who should be the primary role model. Currently, my son is too young to be effected in such a manner or I simply do not speak of these people with such adulation. Indeed, I have been fortunate enough to have some NFLers as clients some time ago and the respect I have for these fine men was due to their conduct OFF the field. Those who have been blessed with the talent to get paid to play a sport are as human as anyone else and subject to the frailties, temptations and defects of characters we all have.

Forum List

Back