Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

Men = person...so you know.

That's something nice to say but that's as far as it goes. Equal my ass.....a guy like Trump with his money could(and probably does) destroy ordinary folks. All the poor guy has to do is accidently or on purpose offend some "Big Wig."

Do you believe that all men are created equal? I'd like your POV. I have asked this on other sites several times, and actually was surprised at the different answers. Curious to see now what is said.

That's something nice to say but that's as far as it goes. Equal my ass.....a guy like Trump with his money could(and probably does) destroy ordinary folks. All the poor guy has to do is accidently or on purpose offend some "Big Wig."

I see what you are saying, but what does that have to do with creation?

Yes, I believe that all mean are equal, it's culture that decides where man sits on the ladder though.

We're all different in one way or another, physically, mentally, psychologically, and all sorts of other ways. So obviously we are not equal in that sense; I think the "all men are created equal" phrase refers to the idea that every human being has certain basic human rights that cannot be taken away by a legal and responsible gov't. And any gov't that tries to do that is invalid and deserves to be overthrown, by revolution if necessary. I'm sure we have some differences about what constitutes a basic human right, and we can discuss that at length. But I think (hope) we can at least agree that every human being has a right to life, freedom, and self determination.

Depending on whether you are talking about in the eyes of the law or just generally. Generally, I would have to go with no. Like others have said, some are born more intelligent or with more advantages than others. A baby born to rich parents has many more advantages already than one born to poor parents.

First we have to define criteries and target of our investigation.

Does the human are equal? Offcourse, because they're identical - almost every human have two legs, two arms, one head and so on.
On the other hand EVERY human is unique. He has own mind, own behaviour etc...

Equality makes sense applied to society. All social groups, intended to perform different functions in society are tend to isolation, which make quality of people in this groups lower, till to level of unsuitableness... To prevent it, we could use the idea of equality, applying to effectiveness of concrete privileged social group. WIthout it, idea about equality - just a material of speculations, frequently used for destroying the working society structures...

Depending on whether you are talking about in the eyes of the law or just generally. Generally, I would have to go with no. Like others have said, some are born more intelligent or with more advantages than others. A baby born to rich parents has many more advantages already than one born to poor parents.

That's what the Republican party is for.....they want to keep it that way. They've never seen a government program they didn't hate!

If by "equal" you mean valuable then Yes. If by equal you mean status in life then No.

A lot of people misunderstand what that means.

I take it that comprehension is not your strong point.

What is your definition of the word, created? For me, it is conception. For you, it appears to be a young adult.

In the eyes of the law, yeah - everyone is equal. But that's a principle, not a 'fact'. It means that law should apply to everyone equally. It doesn't mean that everyone is the same, or that government has any responsibility to ensure that everyone receives equal appreciation from society.

First we have to define criteries and target of our investigation.

Does the human are equal? Offcourse, because they're identical - almost every human have two legs, two arms, one head and so on.
On the other hand EVERY human is unique. He has own mind, own behaviour etc...

Equality makes sense applied to society. All social groups, intended to perform different functions in society are tend to isolation, which make quality of people in this groups lower, till to level of unsuitableness... To prevent it, we could use the idea of equality, applying to effectiveness of concrete privileged social group. WIthout it, idea about equality - just a material of speculations, frequently used for destroying the working society structures...

R U on drugs?

Every man has its unique advantages and disadvantages. So in this sense all people are different.

Forum List

Back