Do you believe there's aliens within 1,000 light years of earth?

• Total voters

A few of the promising planets discovered so far that could have ALIENS on them! ;)
-G667Cc Gliese 667 Cc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Wolf 1061c and d Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Trappist 1c and d TRAPPIST-1d - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-K2-72e K2-72e - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Kepler-1229b Kepler-1229b - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Gliese 832c Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect that there's probably 20 times as many planets that are habital that could support life then what is above.

I believe chances are good that one or more of these planets has ALIEN life!
define 'alien'

do you mean something we could talk to or the backpeddle of bacteria?
Something edible would be nice

A few of the promising planets discovered so far that could have ALIENS on them! ;)
-G667Cc Gliese 667 Cc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Wolf 1061c and d Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Trappist 1c and d TRAPPIST-1d - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-K2-72e K2-72e - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Kepler-1229b Kepler-1229b - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Gliese 832c Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect that there's probably 20 times as many planets that are habital that could support life then what is above.

I believe chances are good that one or more of these planets has ALIEN life!
define 'alien'

do you mean something we could talk to or the backpeddle of bacteria?
Something edible would be nice

Now look up the odds of us being the only life in our galaxy

If you were 18 and could get to another planet in 20 years, would you go? After you arrive it would take a year to get used to gravity but youd be up and running around pilgrim style by age 39.

And you have to take a wife and baby with you. The babies will be 22 when they arrive.

I would go.
a 20 year trip with the wife and kids?

srsly

Are We There Yet

for 20 years

Yes. I firmly believe that there is life outside Earth. There are billions of galaxies out there. There has to be one suited to host more life. Maybe there's life in some of the planets in our galaxy too. There's still a lot that's beyond our understanding.

Yes. I firmly believe that there is life outside Earth. There are billions of galaxies out there. There has to be one suited to host more life. Maybe there's life in some of the planets in our galaxy too. There's still a lot that's beyond our understanding.

What exactly is beyond our understanding in this context?

I would love to know of a young virgin planet in a place in the universe that is billions of years younger than our sun so we would know this new planet will be around a lot longer than earth. Maybe even so young we have to create the conditions by adding plants methane carbon dioxide or whatever else it needs for life to start flourishing. We can clone animals.

First we would have to be able to get there. I don't think it's impossible to figure out how to go that far that fast but the distance between us and the nearest star is mind blowing. And if you run into any debree you're toast unless your ship has some sort of force field to protect it.

This earth is not going to live forever. We have to figure something out. We can't just build a planet size ship out of Mars and the meteor belt we have and stay put we have to be out of this solar system when our sun explodes. It will destroy every planet moon and anything else in the solar system. So we have to be out of here at some point. Maybe a million or 100 million years from now. I think we have lots of time as long as a meteor doesn't wipe us out or we wipe ourselves out first

I would love to know of a young virgin planet in a place in the universe that is billions of years younger than our sun so we would know this new planet will be around a lot longer than earth. Maybe even so young we have to create the conditions by adding plants methane carbon dioxide or whatever else it needs for life to start flourishing. We can clone animals.

First we would have to be able to get there. I don't think it's impossible to figure out how to go that far that fast but the distance between us and the nearest star is mind blowing. And if you run into any debree you're toast unless your ship has some sort of force field to protect it.

This earth is not going to live forever. We have to figure something out. We can't just build a planet size ship out of Mars and the meteor belt we have and stay put we have to be out of this solar system when our sun explodes. It will destroy every planet moon and anything else in the solar system. So we have to be out of here at some point. Maybe a million or 100 million years from now. I think we have lots of time as long as a meteor doesn't wipe us out or we wipe ourselves out first

The experiment to your idea was made under the name "BIOSPHERE 2" - a trying to make an isolated copy of the biosphere of the Earth. It was a desaster. We were not able to create an independent biosphere although we have everything here what we need to do so.

Last edited:
Warp factor

"Star Trek: The Original Series
In his initial draft proposal, Star Trek is..., Gene Roddenberry established the maximum velocity of the starship as ".73 of one light year per hour". This would translate to a top speed of approximately 6,400 c (equivalent to TOS warp 18.57, or somewhere between TNG warp 9.9 and 9.99)."

6,400 times the speed of light... and it would still take 396 years to reach our nearest neighbor-galaxy Andromeda.

It'd be depressing how large this Universe is if it weren't so beautiful.

Warp factor

In his initial draft proposal, Star Trek is..., Gene Roddenberry established the maximum velocity of the starship as ".73 of one light year per hour". This would translate to a top speed of approximately 6,400 c (equivalent to TOS warp 18.57, or somewhere between TNG warp 9.9 and 9.99)."

6,400 times the speed of light... and it would still take 396 years to reach our nearest neighbor-galaxy Andromeda.

kingdoms and empires have come and gone in less time.

The USA isn't that old, I'd guess most countries aren't that old.

can you imagine the kind of control, thought control, that would be needed to succeed?

dems, in the span of 50 years went from being fully against the government to demanding more government.

I don't think free humans could pull it off and the humans that got there wouldn't know what to do once they did reach a livable planet

Warp factor

can you imagine the kind of control, thought control, that would be needed to succeed?

dems, in the span of 50 years went from being fully against the government to demanding more government.

I don't think free humans could pull it off and the humans that got there wouldn't know what to do once they did reach a livable planet

Sometimes I wonder if we've had more than one "Dark Age" in our past. Perhaps humanity is nothing more than a cycle of over-population and near-extinction.

With the way we've treated space, Columbus should have just kept to puttering around the Mediterranean after discovering the West Indies.

Warp factor

Sometimes I wonder if we've had more than one "Dark Age" in our past. Perhaps humanity is nothing more than a cycle of over-population and near-extinction.

With the way we've treated space, Columbus should have just kept to puttering around the Mediterranean after discovering the West Indies.
well you are not alone in considering that.

some Mennonites think this is the 3rd or 4th earth or habitation of earth.

it may have just been that small group I knew.

Warp factor

Is that true IF we could go 6400 x the speed of light it would take 400 years? That's insane! How can we even possibly see that far??

The nearest star is 4.2 light years away. At the speed we can travel now that's only 18,000 years away.

Warp factor

Just because our species won doesn't mean the Neanderthal wasn't smarter. It knew not to have too many kids, wasn't prone to violence, didn't get diseases because it was clean, invented more advanced instruments tools and weapons.

But because it didn't breed fast enough and because we were violent, they went extinct.

Dolphins brains have been evolving for millions of years longer than ours. Maybe they are smarter than us.

So we may not even be the smartest thing to have ever walked this planet

Warp factor

Just because our species won doesn't mean the Neanderthal wasn't smarter. It knew not to have too many kids, wasn't prone to violence, didn't get diseases because it was clean, invented more advanced instruments tools and weapons.

But because it didn't breed fast enough and because we were violent, they went extinct.

Dolphins brains have been evolving for millions of years longer than ours. Maybe they are smarter than us.

neanderthals weren't near our level, it's an absurd consideration.

dolphins are limited by their body as to what they can consider to do.

sorry to disappoint, but we are the smartest.

I think the UFOs people have seen over the years is just ''us'' of the future, time traveling back... and the abductions are for eggs and sperm of us that they can use in the future to get them back to normal again....the us, of the future probably messed the human race up badly from genetic manipulation....

good sci fi book theme, if it's not really true! :lol:

I think the UFOs people have seen over the years is just ''us'' of the future, time traveling back... and the abductions are for eggs and sperm of us that they can use in the future to get them back to normal again....the us, of the future probably messed the human race up badly from genetic manipulation....

good sci fi book theme, if it's not really true! :lol:
been used, but in a movie.

been years but it went something like this; pollution got so bad humans evolved to deal with, but then they cleaned the air and couldn't handle it and were dying off. So they faked plane crashes using clones as victims when they were actually taking people back to the future.

Warp factor

Is that true IF we could go 6400 x the speed of light it would take 400 years? That's insane! How can we even possibly see that far??

The nearest star is 4.2 light years away. At the speed we can travel now that's only 18,000 years away.

Yep 2,537,000 light years to Andromeda, divided by 6,400 times the speed of light (and hopefully we've figured out artificial gravity by now, or we'll have to add extra time for acceleration and deceleration), comes out to roughly 400 years of travel time, and that's just to get TO the outer rim of Andromeda, much less explore it, seeing as it's 120% larger than the Milky Way (220,000 light years across).

Of all the technological glory and splendor of the Star Trek shows, it still only compares to the Bronze Age. The Milky Way may as well be the Mediterranean Sea.

Warp factor

Dinosaurs evolved for almost 200 million years. Perhaps they built spaceships a long time ago, colonized the galaxy, then came back to interfere in our mammalian existence.

The fossils we find these days are just their version of Gorillas, Chimps, and other failed evolutionary creatures. :alcoholic:

Forum List

Back