Do you believe there's aliens within 1,000 light years of earth?

• Total voters

A few of the promising planets discovered so far that could have ALIENS on them! ;)
-G667Cc Gliese 667 Cc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Wolf 1061c and d Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Trappist 1c and d TRAPPIST-1d - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-K2-72e K2-72e - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Kepler-1229b Kepler-1229b - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-Gliese 832c Gliese 832 c - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I expect that there's probably 20 times as many planets that are habital that could support life then what is above.

I believe chances are good that one or more of these planets has ALIEN life!
Define alien life. Do you mean ANY life? There might be trilobites inside Europa. That's in our solar system.

What's going on with those mini spaceship with sails that only cost as much as an ipad but can travel really far really fast? We will send thousands out knowing space debree will destroy many of them. But if even one reaches each of your planets we could be communicating with other planets in 20 years.

We didnt think we could talk on a phone to people in Europe but they laid a cable across the ocean.

And if we communicate first online we can get to know them before we meet. Hopefully they aren't online predators.

We can (and must) use what we learn about ourselves (inside) immediately.
Everyone can work on it.
Everyone has to work on it.
Everyone is aided in this work by improvements in understanding.
It doesn't cost billions.
If we don't do this, we will certainly destroy ourselves, thus rendering meaningless any scientific discoveries of the 'far away'.

Are we talking alien micro lifeforms or are we talking sentient life?

I think there are alien bacteria and such but not sentient lifeforms.

I think life is quite common, it wouldn't surprise me if more than 1/2 the solar systems supported life. Intelligent life is much more rare. Intelligence at the level of a mouse, maybe 10% of solar systems. Intelligent life at our level, very rare, maybe .01%.

That being said, I'd say there is a good chance there are intelligent aliens right here on Earth, recording and studying. We can't detect them because they follow the prime directive so as to not influence their studies. There may be more aliens here than humans, they're just too small for us to notice. Or not.

There will be aliens.
1. there are many diffrent chemical reactions which lead to complex molecules which use energydiffrences to replicate.
they don t have to be the chemistry we have as the most common form of life on earth. in fact on earth theres lifeforms with a diffrent biochemistry then ours, in hot sulfursprings for example are bacteria which don t use oxygen.

so that means life can exist outside the goldilocks zone, it will just have a diffrent chemical composition.
2. basicly every sun examined by new spacebased telescopes seem to have planetary systems. therefore the most basic requirements for life, matter exist appearently everywhere.

3. in 1000 light years distance around the sun theres , ah no clue like 100 000 suns or more, so the propability that at least 1 has life is extremly high in my oppinion.

4. inteligent aliens on the other hand might not exist or be in a development stage or of a nature that is not inclined to space.

so

5. propability that a alien race in 1000 lightyears is capable of space flight is very close to 100%

it would just not originate in these 1000 lightyears.
spaceflight capable aliens could not only come from the milkyway but from anywhere in 1 billion lightyear radius

at which point the nummber of stars /time is sogreat that im sure theres someone else.

as to communication.. all our radio signals we produce get lost in the background noise at about 1-10 lightyear distance.

no chance anyone recieved them.

Any life ;) I think sentient life on the order of humans is quite rare considering how hard it was to form on earth, but little single celled creatures could be found in swimming around in a few of our ice moons oceans.

A few of the promising planets discovered so far that could have ALIENS on them! ;)

I expect that there's probably 20 times as many planets that are habital that could support life then what is above.

Think about planets that had intelligent life billions of years before earth had life but they have since come and gone. If they built something like discovery 1 or 2 it's possible those probes passed by earth billions or millions of years before there was life on earth. Maybe they discovered simple life on Mars back then.

Or maybe those probes will reach earth after all life is gone here

Any life ;) I think sentient life on the order of humans is quite rare considering how hard it was to form on earth, but little single celled creatures could be found in swimming around in a few of our ice moons oceans.
Tardigrade in Europa?

Tardigrade in Europa?

Possible ;)

... Think about planets that had intelligent life billions of years before earth had life but they have since come and gone. ...

Our own galaxy is the eldest galaxy we know. So maybe only in our own galaxy exists multicellular life. Our solar system is about 26000 lightyears far from the black hole in the center of the milky way. If this distance should be a kind of habitable zone around the galaxy then in this distance are not existing many stars. And we - our matter - exists not only because of the existance of our own sun, we exist only because some of the seldom supernovae explosions were ancestors of our own solar system.

The more someone focuses the own mind on the concrete reasons which allow life to exist on planet Earth the more improbable seems to be the existance of the biosphere of planet Earth. Unfortunatelly this biosphere - which is maybe the only biosphere in the whole universe - is under pressure. For example: Some of the elements of this biosphere - also called US-Americans - are wasting in average the ressources of 4.8 Earthes if everyone would follow this lifestyle. This happens now in the 13.82 billionth year (7-8 days of god) after the creation of the world.

Last edited:

define 'alien'

do you mean something we could talk to or the backpeddle of bacteria?

define 'alien'

anything. Single cell up to level 3 civilization.

define 'alien'

anything. Single cell up to level 3 civilization.
if there was, and Penn state says there's not, but 'if'

it would be low on the evolution scale.

we would have heard something from a society with tech by now and we have scanners that can tell the diff between snow and frozen methane, so if there was any protein or chlorophyll (animals - plants) within sight, it would have been spotted.

If there ever was a space faring intelligent alien species I wouldn't be in any hurry to have them find us

Matthew, you're not particularly bright.

There MAY be simple life of other planets, but intelligent life (ie ALIENS) is highly unlikely.

You live in a fantasy world.

Why because god only made us in his image?

Matthew, you're not particularly bright.

There MAY be simple life of other planets, but intelligent life (ie ALIENS) is highly unlikely.

You live in a fantasy world.

Why because god only made us in his image?
Who says? Our ancestors 2000 years ago?

Tardigrade think God made them in his image. So do dolphins and elephants

Based on the Sumerians alone, I would say aliens exist within 4 to 20 light years of us.

They never once called their gods "gods", but instead referred to them as living sentient beings that lived among and ruled over people (I don't think humans were created to be gold-digging slaves though).

One thing I'm fully convinced of though, is that it is mathematically impossible for us to be the only sentient, intelligent beings in the Universe.

There are likely many other planets in our galaxy that have life on them, but intelligent life that is either putting out radio or other signals or receiving what we put out is unlikely or we would have heard something. Unless there is something that interferes with signals reaching us or them.

Life on Earth started about 3.5-4.0 billion years ago and it has taken that long for intelligent life to evolve. Other planets that might have intelligent life on them but are say only a few hundred years behind us in technology would have nothing to send out or receive signals on. On the other hand any more advanced life would have been looking for us as well. SETI has been operating for 50 years and nothing. I wonder what the odds are of the syncing up, on a time scale of evolution, and/or development of intelligent life on various planets in our galaxy. I've never seen data on that.

We may find thousands or millions of planets with microbial life on them but nothing else. I do think they are out there.

And that is about how old the Earth is, around 4 billion years old.

Think of it, life essentially only had millions of years to take hold, a very short time in terms of cosmology. What are the odds? This leads me to believe that life was seeded on Earth. Call it creation or what have you.

As you point out, it took more than 10 billion years before conditions were right for life to be able to take hold. Now what are the chances that life elsewhere took hold in a faster time?

Of course, what we are discussing is life that lives in the dimension that we live in. In other words, life forms that are similar to us. Science has discovered other dimensions and many more probable ones that we cannot fathom. I think that is the key. If life was seeded on Earth, the life forms are not from this dimension. There was simply not enough time for them to develop

Forum List

Back