Do You Believe The Inflation Rates The Gov't Is Reporting?

Do you believe that inflation is higher than the Government is reporting?

• Total voters
Bump

heart-attack.jpg

Low inflation has hindered the recovery that Obama has worked for. Its just fact.

Either you completely lack an understanding of the meanings of the words "hindered" and "recovery," or you live in a completely different reality from the rest of us.

On what planet, exactly, does a static amount of currency losing its purchasing power help economic recovery?

Low inflation has hindered the recovery that Obama has worked for. Its just fact.

Either you completely lack an understanding of the meanings of the words "hindered" and "recovery," or you live in a completely different reality from the rest of us.

On what planet, exactly, does a static amount of currency losing its purchasing power help economic recovery?
Especially given that the OPPOSITE is true. A lowering of inflation would help the economy

Especially given that the OPPOSITE is true. A lowering of inflation would help the economy

Rising prices on essential goods and services hurt the average person. It makes it harder to stay afloat and decreases currency circulation.

Rising prices on essential goods and services hurt the average person. It makes it harder to stay afloat and decreases currency circulation.

Apparently Luddly knows something we don't know............

Inflation hurts everyone, but the one percenters. Where is the left's outrage?

Do you believe the inflation rates the Gov't is reporting?

They keep claiming lower CPI, aka Inflation is low, but when I go to the store the basket of goods I buy seem to be much higher than before.............

Soooooooo.......Who else believes that prices have gone up more than the BLS CPI reports...........In other words have they changed the way they calculate inflation to make it look better than it actually really is today.....

Peter Schiff doesn't think so and actually used some standard basket of goods over the years and believes they are purposely changing the basket of goods to give a false, lower, inflation rate. It's an older video but it makes the point.

What says you?

Shoot, my apologies Eagle! I read the poll too fast and put no instead of yes. So once you summarize it keep that in mind. Sorry.

Do you believe the inflation rates the Gov't is reporting?

They keep claiming lower CPI, aka Inflation is low, but when I go to the store the basket of goods I buy seem to be much higher than before.............

Soooooooo.......Who else believes that prices have gone up more than the BLS CPI reports...........In other words have they changed the way they calculate inflation to make it look better than it actually really is today.....

Peter Schiff doesn't think so and actually used some standard basket of goods over the years and believes they are purposely changing the basket of goods to give a false, lower, inflation rate. It's an older video but it makes the point.

What says you?

Shoot, my apologies Eagle! I read the poll too fast and put no instead of yes. So once you summarize it keep that in mind. Sorry.

That's ok, I did the same and put yes instead of no. So we balance each other out.

...and the substitutions are laughable. Like there is a substitute for gasoline in your car.
ummm huh? There are two types of "substitution" in the CPI. One is where a product/brand/size of an item is no longer available and so the closest substitute is chosen. That obviously wouldn't happen with gasoline. The other type of substitution would be where the proportion of a good goes down compared to others. That's based on what people actually buy. So I'm not sure how you think substitution works.

Further, you can still buy Oreos, but the packages are smaller.
And that's adjusted for in the quality adjustment. If the price stays the same but the amount goes down, that would be recorded as a price increase.

The Gubmint has a two incentives to manipulate the Inflation stats to a low level: CPI adjustments on entitlements and the interest rate on the National Debt.

Higher inflation increases entitlement expenditures, which exacerbates the federal deficit. The Fed, which used to have a charter of a stable dollar (i.e., keep inflation low), will eventually be forced to jack up interest rates in order to tame high inflation (cf. Volcker).

Ergo, res ipsa loquitur...Inflation Stats Are Bogus.

Last edited:

Which is why Reagan did so much to help the middle class. Inflation was way up in double digits and he got it way down to the low single digits.

The Gubmint has a two incentives to manipulate the Inflation stats to a low level: CPI adjustments on entitlements and the interest rate on the National Debt.

Higher inflation increases entitlement expenditures. The Fed, which used to have a charter of a stable dollar (i.e., keep inflation low), will eventually be forced to jack up interest rates in order to tame high inflation (cf. Volcker).

Ergo, res ipsa loquitur...Inflation Stats Are Bogus.

Hey, this is the Unemployment stats goddess. Don't even TRY to take her on with THOSE stats....she will bury you 100 feet deep, LOL.

If you can't read clearly, LTC, have some SP4 proof your written work.

Oh look at Fakey trying to pretend he can relate to us military folks and our ranks. LOL

He fails to understand that as a LTC I had a lowly 2LT doing my proof reading, why waste the talents of a SP4?:D

LMFAO. Yes way back when I was a butter bar my LTC did that to me, LOL. Except I can't even remember the Air Force's acronym of Lt Col. I think that was it, LOL.

Part of the problem with the inflation stats is because the housing numbers skewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww them.

Forum List

Back