Do you believe that we are now or will soon be overpopulated?

You know 'experts' have been declaring this for around 40 years now, right? "I'm telling you," "I guarantee," "I promise!" for decade after decade and my city is still not underwater. The guy down by the train station who walks around every day wearing a sandwich board that says "The End is Near!" WANTS the world to end because he'll accept that if it means he's finally right. The Weeping Polar Bear Club is of exactly of the same mindset.

That guy is still pacing back and forth in front of the train station.........................

No one ever suggested the problem would happen in 40 years.
Oh yes they did. I was assured that 20 years AGO my entire city would be underwater. Those doing the assuring made a shit load of money for so assuring.

And obama and the other high priests of global warming keep buying mansions on the water for some reason...........as they fly hither and yon in private jets....

A skeptical person might think they don't believe in the BS they are selling....
I've told you this a million times. Every person in our government is rich. They all have more than 1 home and they fly on private jets. That doesn't mean shit. You can fly on a private jet and still want to do something about man made climate change.

If I fly on a plane does that make me a hypocrite? Bullshit.

No...really, you can't......you can't tell us the world is going to end and then get several mansions on the coast...a coast they keep telling us is going to flood because I drive a car.......and then they fly private jets......while telling us if we don't buy a smart car we are killing the planet.......as they drive by in the 90,000 dollar fully loaded SUV....
Yes you can. In the future those rich people will have to pay more to fly in that private jet. And you will have to pay more taxes for your 2nd and 3rd home. And if it doesn't have solar panels on it you will pay a higher taxes.

The rich will still have 4 homes and fly private jets in the future sorry but this isn't communism.

And their SUV's will be battery powered..

My buddy just bought an electric F150.
No, the future means middle and lower income people will be forced to ride the bus (assuming they’re not on strike) to get to work and buy groceries while the rich will still have 4 homes, 2 SUVs and fly private jets.
Think Castro went without?
Yea but if only the rich are flying planes and gas SUV's the planet will be good.

You have to be able to afford to fly a plane. If it were cheap everyone including you would do it.
I can fly private coast to coast private just by chartering a flight.
But anyone who really believes in manmade global warming who flies private jets and owns mansions is still either a liar or evil. Or both.

Apparently, the population of thinking, reasoning humans is the tiny minority that should be deciding things, but isn't.

No, it is not.

You are an emotionally charged science invalid who has no basis to even comment on this issue. You do not understand the planet and the strains that are currently put on it. You just parrot some liar on Sundays and will never develop the intellectual basis to break out of that religious paper bag over your head.

It starts with fresh water, and then gets worse very rapidly.
:lmao:

With higher population densities, we see more car traffic, urban pollution, and viral infections ... .

What we have actually seen in the real world is improved gas mileage and reduced emissions from cars over the past several decades, and increased use of public transportation. I already gave you an example of how urban pollution was worse over 100 years ago. As for viral infections, I gave you the most famous example, but we can look at the Bubonic Plague in comparison with 1918, 1957, 1959, 1965, etc. to see that viruses have always existed and over time our ability to mitigate the effects of them even in the face of a growing population has also improved over time. All of the things you want to point to as "proof" :lol: of so-called overpopulation are things that have always existed, but our ability to deal with them has NEVER been better than it is now with the highest population in history. There simply is NO 'overpopulation.' Even at that, as you have been told several times now, we are moving toward a global population decline in any case.
“Overpopulation” is a RELATIVE term.
This thread’s title asks our opinion.
In some places, outside large urban areas, there is little “overpopulation”, But in many other areas of this planet, there is undisputed overpopulation.
I know; I have traveled myself to India, China, Indonesia, etc. Have you?

Yes. You still fail.
The human species will fail Earth if it keeps screwing with Mother Nature.

Unkotare is smarter than David Attenborough

“Well, a crime has been committed,” Attenborough, 95, replied. “And it so happens that, I’m of such an age, that I was able to see it beginning.”
“It isn’t that I enjoy saying: ‘Doom, doom, doom,’” he continued. “On the contrary, I’d much rather [say]: ‘Enjoy, take thrill, excitement, pleasure, joy, joy, joy, joy.’ But if you’ve got any sense of responsibility, you can’t do that.”

The documentarian’s comments come amid ongoing and increasingly dire warnings from the planet’s scientists that climate change is largely continuing unabated. A report released last month by the Environmental Protection Agency detailed a disturbing shift in the United States caused by a warming world: The destruction of permafrost in Alaska, a spike in heat waves nationwide and longer-lasting wildfire and pollen season.

In his book and documentary, Attenborough pointed to existing technology that could help greatly alleviate the threat of climate change, primarily an immediate shift away from fossil fuels and an effort to “rewild” large tracts of the planet, giving the natural world time to recover.
The threat, he concluded, has grown so large as to be beyond the burden of any one nation.
“I would say that the time has come to put aside national ambitions and look for an international ambition of survival,” he said. He later added: “What good does it do to say, “Oh, to hell with it, I don’t care.’ You can’t say that. Not if … you love your children. Not if you love the rest of human― how can you say that?”
A. The world is far from being overpopulated. You can fit the entire world population in Texas and give ever family a quarter of an acre home.

B. Only science deniers think the climate of today is optimum and believe that for the first time since time began the climate must stop changing.
Some like to assert that everybody on Earth could be fit into the State of Texas, using logic as follows. The area of Texas is about 262,000 mi2. Dividing this figure by the current human population of 7 billion leaves each person with less than 100 square meters, a small plot the size of a big room about 10 m x 10 m.

One third of Earth's surface is desert which supports very few people.

Without going into the fact that almost half the State is desert, notice we have not allowed for any roads, shopping malls, schools, hospitals, football stadiums, prisons, sewage plants, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, golf courses, parks, and what else? How much land does it take to support a human being?

Right now China, USA, Mexico, India, Europe, Canada, Australia, are all putting up too many toxic fumes. We need to stop. We are destroying the planet. THat's the scientific consensus.
Math rule #1: don’t mix units of measurement.
Assumption: 7.6B population
Texas = 268,820 sq miles = 7,494,271,488,000 sq ft

That means ever human on earth could live in Texas and have 3,944 sq ft. Family of 4 gives them .09 acres, which is standard suburban lot size.

As far as climates, many people live in deserts by choice. Most of the planet is covered by water and a third of our underground is filled with water. Much of the earth is covered in ice. Assuming that melts, we gain livable land.

For anyone who travels, they know the earth is far from being overpopulated.
What did you use for Earth's population? Current estimates are 7.8 billion, not 7.6 billion.

Last edited:
Governments everywhere need to be working on responses to the looming (and unlike the myth of 'overpopulation' real) challenges of a global population decline.

Forum List

Back