Do you believe that one day...

Do you believe there will be a time of world peace?

• Yes, but only in the Messianic age, as prophesied in the Bible.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, it will happen, without God.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, it's never going to happen, the world will always have wars, evil and division.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I really don't know.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
...there will be a time of true world peace? No more wars, violence or hateful division? I do. But not in this age, only in the age to come.

The reason this is on my mind is because I was listening to this beautiful, uplifting song, "One Day" by Matisyahu. This artist is not a Christian (I'm pretty sure he is Jewish, but don't quote me on that) but what he is hoping and praying for - a time of peace and harmony, no more evil - is prophesied in the bible, in both the old and new testaments.

I'm just curious to know if you too believe this time is coming. (I think I'll include a poll, why not.)

Check out this video, the song is sung in 3 languages, English, Arabic and Hebrew.

I thought you were a Christian?

I am, why did you ask that?

World peace may come someday but only through personal revelation and not necessarily religious. In any case it will not be imposed by outside forces. Otherwise it would not be real peace.

The word revelation implies that something is being revealed. So personal revelation from who?
The person having the revelation would be able to say, if anyone could.

World peace may come someday but only through personal revelation and not necessarily religious. In any case it will not be imposed by outside forces. Otherwise it would not be real peace.

The word revelation implies that something is being revealed. So personal revelation from who?
The person having the revelation would be able to say, if anyone could.

True. The thing is, the majority of the world would have to have that type of profound revelation for it to manifest into world peace. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I just don't see that happening....there are too many evil people in this world who only care about power and control. The bottom line for me is, I believe it can only happen with God... and probably only after those evil powers are taken out.

I think we'll evolve beyond our petty differences, bigotries and superstitions at some point.

If we don't destroy ourselves with the above characteristics first.
I think it's about more than petty differences, bigotries, etc. As I said to someone else, there are evil people in this world, and unfortunately they are the ones who run this world. For them it's about power, wealth, and total control. I don't really see people like that ever evolving. But I like your optimism.

...there will be a time of true world peace? No more wars, violence or hateful division? I do. But not in this age, only in the age to come.

The reason this is on my mind is because I was listening to this beautiful, uplifting song, "One Day" by Matisyahu. This artist is not a Christian (I'm pretty sure he is Jewish, but don't quote me on that) but what he is hoping and praying for - a time of peace and harmony, no more evil - is prophesied in the bible, in both the old and new testaments.

I'm just curious to know if you too believe this time is coming. (I think I'll include a poll, why not.)

Check out this video, the song is sung in 3 languages, English, Arabic and Hebrew.

Yes. One day humans will become extinct.

I think we'll evolve beyond our petty differences, bigotries and superstitions at some point.

If we don't destroy ourselves with the above characteristics first.
I think it's about more than petty differences, bigotries, etc. As I said to someone else, there are evil people in this world, and unfortunately they are the ones who run this world. For them it's about power, wealth, and total control. I don't really see people like that ever evolving. But I like your optimism.
It only requires that "people like that" become irrelevant. Their evolution is of no concern.

That would not be peace.

That would not be peace.

How do you figure?

Evil people will always crave power (whether it's over one or over multitudes).
Hatred is a tool and motivator.

True. But it almost sounds like you don't believe there will ever be peace. Do you agree with what the Bible says, about a future time of world peace and harmony, among all creation?

No. Men will always kill each other to gain the right to mate with the most desirable women.

It is human nature.
Robots are coming. Lots of sex robots. They will be perfected to each taste. Then unfortunately, the robots will advance to the point of being aware as they become numerous and take over the world.

Evil people will always crave power (whether it's over one or over multitudes).
Hatred is a tool and motivator.

True. But it almost sounds like you don't believe there will ever be peace.

As long as carnal man is in charge, of course there will never be peace. (or technically man allowed the devil to rule and reign as a result of the original sin).

Do you agree with what the Bible says, about a future time of world peace and harmony, among all creation?

Yes.

But you dont believe Jesus is the messiah?

But you dont believe Jesus is the messiah?

Yes, I'm a Christian, of course I believe Jesus is the Messiah. What is your point? :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back