Do You Believe Social Justice Is Good? My Thoughts from a Christian Perspective

I didn't get very far into the video to find a pretty serious breach with Biblical teachings:
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." -- 1 Corinthians 12:12
The whole chapter speaks in very simple terms how all of Christians belong to one community, and how Christians self-identify as parts within that community ... this is where we get such gems as can the eye say to the foot I have no need of thee ... well, the answer is no ... each one of us, Jew or Gentile, needs everyone else ...

I understand this is from the writings of Paul the Apostle, and not of God the Father, the Son, nor Holy Spirit ... but still, calling Paul a member of the contemporary radical left seems a bit awkward ... individualism is divisive, and separates the various parts of the Christian body ... and basic human nature "I'm better than him, I deserve more" ... instead of "We're better than them, how can we help?" (first person plural intended) ... ...

=====

Is the lust for power confined to the Left? ... I understand the lust for power is an evil in all ways ... but this lust spans the entire political spectrum ... I would even go far as to say the existence of this political spectrum is founded on lust for power ... why be a member of the XYZ Party if not to increase the party's power? ...

=====

Odd ... you know the servants didn't get to keep the talons, right?, the earned their master's joy ... I don't know if you've been a servant before, but that's a big deal for servants ... and notice both the servant that earned the 5 talons and the servant that earned only 2 talons were equally rewarded, and we can assume that the servant who earned just one talon would also have been rewarded ... alas, that servant was lazy and didn't do anything, so no reward ...

The Left wants everybody to get a reward, whether they earn it or not ... from a poster with a single "trophy point" ...

=====

Disagree, agree and agree ... nice video, I enjoyed it ... you've put a lot of thought into the content and I appreciate your sharing ... I hope you return here to discuss the precepts you've brought up here ...

We live in a kingdom ... not a democracy ... that which man creates is flawed and without God ... [sigh] ... only Satan could write the US tax code ...
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Collectivism is a subject that I did not have the time to thoroughly explore in this video, so there are some nuances there. I absolutely believe we should live in collectives (in fact, over the past few decades we haven't been doing this nearly enough) and I believe group identities are important and God-given, but to say that someone's group identity is more important than the individual aspects about them, including how they view God, is a mistake.

"but still, calling Paul a member of the contemporary radical left seems a bit awkward" Even if Paul did support collectivism, that would not make him a member of the radical left. I never said these beliefs are exclusive to the radical left. Collectivism in the middle east has led to endless tribal warfare for thousands of years, but I would never consider these tribalistic groups to be members of the left. I would consider someone a member of the left when they agree with all three of the beliefs that I list in the video to at least a large extent.

"Is the lust for power confined to the Left?" I do not believe lust for power is confined to the left; this is a basic problem of humanity beacause of the fall. My statment was that for the leftist power is all that they see. This is also where I make a distinction between liberals who are concerned with truth and leftists who are influenced by postmodernism which denies the existence of truth. If truth does not exist, and all we have are narratives, it is the person with the most power who's narrative is pushed forward. My problem is that leftism feeds our lust for power by viewing the world purely in terms of power. Not that our lust for power needs feeding- even without leftism, that sin will still be there.

As far as the parable, I agree with everything you said. My point still stands that the one with the five talents is not morally worse than the servant with one talent, purely by virtue of possessing more. This is the crux of where I see leftism going wrong- it assumes you are morally to blame simply if you have more.

"Disagree, agree and agree ... nice video, I enjoyed it ... you've put a lot of thought into the content and I appreciate your sharing ... I hope you return here to discuss the precepts you've brought up here ..." Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you replied to check me. It is important to me that if I get something wrong that I become aware of it so I won't repeat it.

If you really believe all that about the left, you have been listening to bigots who are more interested in demonizing their political opponents than they are about the truth. Your list of insults and absurd accusations is long, and getting longer. I'm just a regular person who only wants our society to function in a more fair and equitable manor, yet you accuse me of a lust for power that would rival the worst dictators in history. I have no need or desire for power. I just have political disagreements with you, yet you are quite comfortable accusing me and millions of others of vile schemes and machinations. That is not what Jesus taught. That is bearing false witness. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Please try to understand what I am saying. As I clarified in the video, these criticisms only apply to you in as far as you agree with the three points I mentioned. I also do not equate liberal with leftist, and I would argue that the three points I brought up about the "radical" left are all things that liberals and conservatives would both oppose together. I also never said that you have a lust for power, that you are a leftist, or that all leftists have a lust for power. Please do not accuse me of saying things that I am saying and try to understand these nuances.
Before you get on your high horse, please at least read and understand my words and don't strawman my position.

Within the first minute or two you start spouting about group identity being a characteristic of the left. Blanket statement "the left". You have listened to that insulting and belittling bullshit so long till you don't even realize how absurd it sounds. Trying to cloak your hateful crap behind religion is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. Your video is bullshit, and what you call religion is an abomination.

Please take a drink of water, breathe a bit, and stop fuming long enough to not strawman me.
"Within the first minute or two you start spouting about group identity being a characteristic of the left" To clarify, again, this is only for the radical left. True liberals are individualists.
"You have listened to that insulting and belittling bullshit so long till you don't even realize how absurd it sounds." Nothing I said is intended to belittle, unlike your comment.
"Trying to cloak your hateful crap behind religion is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught." Nothing I said is hateful. You are confusing criticism with hate. And if what I'm doing is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught, please provide the quote from Him. Also if I said anything unBiblical, please show me that as well.
"Your video is bullshit, and what you call religion is an abomination." Once again, not an argument. If you are a secularist, then objective morality cannot be true, so what you really mean is you simply don't prefer my religion. In that case, what you prefer is irrelevant; what matters is what is true.

Once the word "evil" is introduced, credibility is damaged.

People who have to resort to shallow hyperbole just to make a point tend to have a simplistic, binary view of the world.

A lot of that going around, these days.

"People who have to resort to shallow hyperbole just to make a point tend to have a simplistic, binary view of the world." You just made a binary statement though: "Once the word "evil" is introduced, credibility is damaged." Also, I don't know if you believe in scripture, but you would have to criticize Jesus.
John 3:20- "Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed."

I would, however, agree that we must be careful when using the term. If that is your point, then we agree. I very rarely use such a strong word, but it does fit for the three ideas I criticized when combined.

I didn't get very far into the video to find a pretty serious breach with Biblical teachings:
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." -- 1 Corinthians 12:12
The whole chapter speaks in very simple terms how all of Christians belong to one community, and how Christians self-identify as parts within that community ... this is where we get such gems as can the eye say to the foot I have no need of thee ... well, the answer is no ... each one of us, Jew or Gentile, needs everyone else ...

I understand this is from the writings of Paul the Apostle, and not of God the Father, the Son, nor Holy Spirit ... but still, calling Paul a member of the contemporary radical left seems a bit awkward ... individualism is divisive, and separates the various parts of the Christian body ... and basic human nature "I'm better than him, I deserve more" ... instead of "We're better than them, how can we help?" (first person plural intended) ... ...

=====

Is the lust for power confined to the Left? ... I understand the lust for power is an evil in all ways ... but this lust spans the entire political spectrum ... I would even go far as to say the existence of this political spectrum is founded on lust for power ... why be a member of the XYZ Party if not to increase the party's power? ...

=====

Odd ... you know the servants didn't get to keep the talons, right?, the earned their master's joy ... I don't know if you've been a servant before, but that's a big deal for servants ... and notice both the servant that earned the 5 talons and the servant that earned only 2 talons were equally rewarded, and we can assume that the servant who earned just one talon would also have been rewarded ... alas, that servant was lazy and didn't do anything, so no reward ...

The Left wants everybody to get a reward, whether they earn it or not ... from a poster with a single "trophy point" ...

=====

Disagree, agree and agree ... nice video, I enjoyed it ... you've put a lot of thought into the content and I appreciate your sharing ... I hope you return here to discuss the precepts you've brought up here ...

We live in a kingdom ... not a democracy ... that which man creates is flawed and without God ... [sigh] ... only Satan could write the US tax code ...
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Collectivism is a subject that I did not have the time to thoroughly explore in this video, so there are some nuances there. I absolutely believe we should live in collectives (in fact, over the past few decades we haven't been doing this nearly enough) and I believe group identities are important and God-given, but to say that someone's group identity is more important than the individual aspects about them, including how they view God, is a mistake.

"but still, calling Paul a member of the contemporary radical left seems a bit awkward" Even if Paul did support collectivism, that would not make him a member of the radical left. I never said these beliefs are exclusive to the radical left. Collectivism in the middle east has led to endless tribal warfare for thousands of years, but I would never consider these tribalistic groups to be members of the left. I would consider someone a member of the left when they agree with all three of the beliefs that I list in the video to at least a large extent.

"Is the lust for power confined to the Left?" I do not believe lust for power is confined to the left; this is a basic problem of humanity beacause of the fall. My statment was that for the leftist power is all that they see. This is also where I make a distinction between liberals who are concerned with truth and leftists who are influenced by postmodernism which denies the existence of truth. If truth does not exist, and all we have are narratives, it is the person with the most power who's narrative is pushed forward. My problem is that leftism feeds our lust for power by viewing the world purely in terms of power. Not that our lust for power needs feeding- even without leftism, that sin will still be there.

As far as the parable, I agree with everything you said. My point still stands that the one with the five talents is not morally worse than the servant with one talent, purely by virtue of possessing more. This is the crux of where I see leftism going wrong- it assumes you are morally to blame simply if you have more.

"Disagree, agree and agree ... nice video, I enjoyed it ... you've put a lot of thought into the content and I appreciate your sharing ... I hope you return here to discuss the precepts you've brought up here ..." Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you replied to check me. It is important to me that if I get something wrong that I become aware of it so I won't repeat it.

If you really believe all that about the left, you have been listening to bigots who are more interested in demonizing their political opponents than they are about the truth. Your list of insults and absurd accusations is long, and getting longer. I'm just a regular person who only wants our society to function in a more fair and equitable manor, yet you accuse me of a lust for power that would rival the worst dictators in history. I have no need or desire for power. I just have political disagreements with you, yet you are quite comfortable accusing me and millions of others of vile schemes and machinations. That is not what Jesus taught. That is bearing false witness. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Please try to understand what I am saying. As I clarified in the video, these criticisms only apply to you in as far as you agree with the three points I mentioned. I also do not equate liberal with leftist, and I would argue that the three points I brought up about the "radical" left are all things that liberals and conservatives would both oppose together. I also never said that you have a lust for power, that you are a leftist, or that all leftists have a lust for power. Please do not accuse me of saying things that I am saying and try to understand these nuances.
Before you get on your high horse, please at least read and understand my words and don't strawman my position.

Within the first minute or two you start spouting about group identity being a characteristic of the left. Blanket statement "the left". You have listened to that insulting and belittling bullshit so long till you don't even realize how absurd it sounds. Trying to cloak your hateful crap behind religion is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. Your video is bullshit, and what you call religion is an abomination.

Please take a drink of water, breathe a bit, and stop fuming long enough to not strawman me.
"Within the first minute or two you start spouting about group identity being a characteristic of the left" To clarify, again, this is only for the radical left. True liberals are individualists.
"You have listened to that insulting and belittling bullshit so long till you don't even realize how absurd it sounds." Nothing I said is intended to belittle, unlike your comment.
"Trying to cloak your hateful crap behind religion is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught." Nothing I said is hateful. You are confusing criticism with hate. And if what I'm doing is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught, please provide the quote from Him. Also if I said anything unBiblical, please show me that as well.
"Your video is bullshit, and what you call religion is an abomination." Once again, not an argument. If you are a secularist, then objective morality cannot be true, so what you really mean is you simply don't prefer my religion. In that case, what you prefer is irrelevant; what matters is what is true.

You didn't say radical left ass hole. You said left. You're just another nut bag preacher scamming religious zealots.

You didn't say radical left ass hole. You said left. You're just another nut bag preacher scamming religious zealots.
Again, no arguments, just ad hominem. And I did mention it in the video and I also said that the criticisms do not apply to you if you don't believe the three points I mentioned. In fact, you could have actually read the title of the video.

Again, no arguments, just ad hominem. And I did mention it in the video and I also said that the criticisms do not apply to you if you don't believe the three points I mentioned. In fact, you could have actually read the title of the video.
I'm sure Jim and Tammy Fay are real proud of you.

As I said in the video, the I define leftists as those who hold to the 3 ideas I went over in the video, which are evil.

Chapter 12 of 1 Corinthians speaks otherwise to your 1st idea ... that it is good and Godly to self-identify as a member of the Christian community ... you claim this is evil ... please explain why the Apostle Paul teaches us evil in this chapter ...

The 2nd idea is as universal as breathing ...

I only agree with your 3rd idea when applied in the extreme ... I do think there is Christian duty to ease the suffering of the oppressed, elderly widow women and orphaned children ... but not the lazy ... as in the parable you quoted in your video ...

In the video, I discuss my problems with Social Justice and leftism in general that make it a poisonous philosophy from a Christian perspective. Do you agree with my thoughts, and do you think Social Justice is a good or a bad thing?

You can give "a" Christian perspective, but you can't give "the" Christian perspective. People who are in your unnamed sect may dislike the concept of social justice, but many millions of Christians support it and work toward it as part of putting there faith into action.

You can give "a" Christian perspective, but you can't give "the" Christian perspective. People who are in your unnamed sect may dislike the concept of social justice, but many millions of Christians support it and work toward it as part of putting there faith into action.

Billions of Christians hold charity as the greatest of God's gifts ... apparently not all though ...

Billions of Christians hold charity as the greatest of God's gifts ... apparently not all though ...
Irrelevant.

As I said in the video, the I define leftists as those who hold to the 3 ideas I went over in the video, which are evil.

Chapter 12 of 1 Corinthians speaks otherwise to your 1st idea ... that it is good and Godly to self-identify as a member of the Christian community ... you claim this is evil ... please explain why the Apostle Paul teaches us evil in this chapter ...

The 2nd idea is as universal as breathing ...

I only agree with your 3rd idea when applied in the extreme ... I do think there is Christian duty to ease the suffering of the oppressed, elderly widow women and orphaned children ... but not the lazy ... as in the parable you quoted in your video ...
First Cor 12 is about living in collectives. We are equivocating on term collectivism and talking past one another. The type of collectivism this passage supports is the idea we should live in collectives. I don't have a problem with this; I have a problem with the collectivism that says your race, gender, sexual orientation, etc is more important than your individuality. I think Galatians 3:28 also refers to this kind of collectivism. This rejects all forms of collectivism. We should have our identity rooted in Christ, but that is an individual relationship.

You agree with the second leftist idea? Let me get this straight. You actually believe we should ONLY view the world in terms of power (not truth, justice, morality, etc)?

"I do think there is Christian duty to ease the suffering of the oppressed, elderly widow women and orphaned children ... but not the lazy" I agree with this statement completely. I think we should do this, but I do not believe the Social Justice movement is actually about these things.

In the video, I discuss my problems with Social Justice and leftism in general that make it a poisonous philosophy from a Christian perspective. Do you agree with my thoughts, and do you think Social Justice is a good or a bad thing?

In the very first video on my channel, I say exactly that. All of the videos I make are from my christian perspective, but I do not claim to speak for all Christians or for God.

Forum List

Back