CDZ Do you believe propaganda?

I

Indofred

A while ago, a picture supposing to be of a mass child wedding did the rounds on the internet, later proven to be a hoax.

mass-muslim-wedding-2.jpg

So many people believed the story, and used it as hate propaganda.
Propaganda works by taking a group you hardly know anything about, and spreading stories that look real, all designed to show the target group as some sort of evil monsters.

Now look at this.

15547921737_c1c77ede49.jpg

Would yo immediately think these were US soldiers in a mass child wedding or, because you know the know a lot about the group in question, and know that doesn't happen, do you assume it's another type of ceremony, totally reasonable and decent?

What I'm saying is, don't believe what you see until you KNOW it to be true.

Have you spoken to any liberals? The majority of what they "know" about the world is propaganda. Of course I believe that propaganda is everywhere around us.

Have you spoken to any liberals? The majority of what they "know" about the world is propaganda. Of course I believe that propaganda is everywhere around us.

Propaganda is universal, it is as present on the left or right. We all see it every day.

In fact, the people who complain about it from others, are usually the biggest victims of it themselves -as you are with this nonsense about Hitler and Nazi belonging to the same political group, when ANY respected historian would explain why they were polar opposites. You believed simply what you wanted to believe, and propaganda from blogs and extremist books reassured you of it. Read Kershaw, Montefiore, Overy, Browning or Marris, and you'll learn real, objective history without the spin.

Two key points though -

- Propaganda is much more present at the extremes than in the centre.

- The greater the access to REAL information (travel, decent history books, genuine nes) the less propaganda works.

I don't meet many smart, well-educated, well-travelled people who believe that Jews blew up the Twin Towers, you know?

Two key points though -

- Propaganda is much more present at the extremes than in the centre.

No, propaganda is greatest where ideologues have the most control. There is no resistance to its creation in such an environment. In fact, much of the propaganda arises from deluded people pushing a "reality" that they want to exist.

- The greater the access to REAL information (travel, decent history books, genuine nes) the less propaganda works

REAL information is reality seen by people's own eyes, not appeals to authority which declare what reality is.

I don't meet many smart, well-educated, well-travelled people who believe that Jews blew up the Twin Towers, you know?

I met a Jewish man, a pretty intelligent guy, who point blank was arguing to me that he was more closely related to a random person from Africa than a fellow Jew. He knew who I was and my background but he was certain that he was correct. He made this statement because he'd been propagandized with this slogan "There is more variation WITHIN races than BETWEEN races." He trusted liberal propaganda more than my authority or common sense.

REAL information is reality seen by people's own eyes

I couldn't agree more. Travel is absolutely essential....particularly for people who read the history and politics of the places they travel too. It's all about learning, one way or another.

I learned more about the Holocaust from working alongside a Camp Survivor than I did at school. But years later I went to the camps, read the history books, went to Yad Vashem, ended up going back to German books written at the time....learning history is peeling back the layers of an onion, and each layer further in the less interesting propaganda is.

It is also becomes much, much clear what real history is (i.e. Kershaw, Overy, Montefiore, Browning, Speer/Sereny, etc) and what propaganda is.

Btw, I'm curious...what 'authority' did you mean in your last sentence?

REAL information is reality seen by people's own eyes

I couldn't agree more. Travel is absolutely essential....particularly for people who read the history and politics of the places they travel too. It's all about learning, one way or another.

I learned more about the Holocaust from working alongside a Camp Survivor than I did at school. But years later I went to the camps, read the history books, went to Yad Vashem, ended up going back to German books written at the time....learning history is peeling back the layers of an onion, and each layer further in the less interesting propaganda is.

It is also becomes much, much clear what real history is (i.e. Kershaw, Overy, Montefiore, Browning, Speer/Sereny, etc) and what propaganda is.

Btw, I'm curious...what 'authority' did you mean in your last sentence?

My doctoral work and profession at the time.

Travel is absolutely essential.

I believe every university student should do at least one year of travel to countries with an entirely different culture before they're allowed to take a place on any course.

Ignorance is the greatest enemy of us all.

A while ago, a picture supposing to be of a mass child wedding did the rounds on the internet, later proven to be a hoax.

Propaganda works by taking a group you hardly know anything about, and spreading stories that look real, all designed to show the target group as some sort of evil monsters.

Now look at this.

Would yo immediately think these were US soldiers in a mass child wedding or, because you know the know a lot about the group in question, and know that doesn't happen, do you assume it's another type of ceremony, totally reasonable and decent?

"The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human." - George Orwell

Uh ya. No such thing as conservative propaganda. When conservatives say stuff like "Liberals want to destroy America." or "liberals want to make the US mediocre." That's not propaganda right?

Travel is absolutely essential.

I believe every university student should do at least one year of travel to countries with an entirely different culture before they're allowed to take a place on any course.

Ignorance is the greatest enemy of us all.

Agree that travel is a great educator. Americans can no longer afford to be educated in the US but university is free in other countries. Great for university students and for those countries investing in our kids but not so great for the US.

Propaganda often replaces the truth but, if you need to lie to make your point, your point must be a load of old crap.
As for Americans travelling, it just apply to everyone, anywhere in the world.
If the future politicians and business leaders have travelled, they know so much more than any book or video can teach them about the world.

Now look at this.

Do you believe propaganda, Indofred?

Because everybody does. It's how we are.

Commercials can be the classic example.

Propaganda often replaces the truth but, if you need to lie to make your point, your point must be a load of old crap.
As for Americans travelling, it just apply to everyone, anywhere in the world.
If the future politicians and business leaders have travelled, they know so much more than any book or video can teach them about the world.

Books are not the only way people who do not travel learn about the world.-----
Travellers can remain utterly clueless about the countries thru with they pass.----
even if they LIVE in those countries for periods of time. People tend
to stick with a SET OF PEOPLE-----or particular settings. I have never been
to GREECE-----but I already know what the PARTHENON looks like----
and-------I have been tourist locations that probably sell the same kind of
made in china souvenirs that I already have. Even diplomats get to know----
other diplomats -------and drink tea from cups made ------well now in china----
but earlier in bavaria

Now look at this.

The two pictures you posted.

The first one is OBVIOUSLY wedding pictures, the second one doesn't even look like any ceremony of any kind. So, I could see why people would assume the first picture is of a mass wedding, I see no reason why ANYONE would assume such about the second picture.

And that has NOTHING to do with who's in the picture.

Now look at this.

The two pictures you posted.

The first one is OBVIOUSLY wedding pictures, the second one doesn't even look like any ceremony of any kind. So, I could see why people would assume the first picture is of a mass wedding, I see no reason why ANYONE would assume such about the second picture.

And that has NOTHING to do with who's in the picture.

the first picture looks like "holy communion" day for a bunch of little girls
to me

Uh ya. No such thing as conservative propaganda. When conservatives say stuff like "Liberals want to destroy America." or "liberals want to make the US mediocre." That's not propaganda right?

It's not. Think of it this way. You meet a nice women, or in your case a nice guy. She says she loves you but then she starts complaining about everything about you and tries to change you into something else. She says that she does this because she wants to make you a better person. How can she love you if she hates everything about you so much that she wants to erase it and replace it with some new, UNTESTED, feature?

Medicre. It bothers liberals to see inequality in the world and it really bothers them to see America standing head and shoulders above other countries and then add to that the fact that Amercia can impose its will quite easily. They are much happier with the thought of America as a diminished power which is no better than othger nations, hence all the calls for more internationalism and opposituion to America going it alone policies.

Do you believe propaganda, Indofred?

I used to - then I grew a brain, or at least worked out how to use it.
It all started when I witnessed the true events I later saw in a newspaper story.
The story was total fiction, thus I realised, the press lies.

A simple story about the death of a very expensive koi carp at a fish show.
The Daily mail had it down as a total fuck up by the show's staff, blaming poor water control, but I saw that fish as it was brought in, and it was in a terrible state, clearly in serious trouble before it went near a tank.
The staff refused to allow it into a show tank because of its condition, but the Mail missed that little detail out, blaming the show.
From that moment on, I realised the press lie, so I no longer believe the crap on many issues until I've checked it out.
The latest is a Welsh bloke, held in an Indonesian prison. He claims he's held without charges, but he's actually an illegal immigrant, and working without a work permit.
Immigration violations don't require charges as there is no visa, thus you're illegal.
The Welsh newspaper story makes loads of claims, none likely to be true.

Forum List

Back