Votes: 6 46.2%
  • its my body but the govt's choice in both abortion and health insurance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its my body, my choice for abortion but not for health coverage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its my body, my choice for health coverage but not abortion

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Like I said above somewhere, the comparison isn't valid. Therefore I can't vote.

I have another question about your opinion. Do you feel its ok to impose a fine on someone who chooses to have an abortion in the first trimester (excluding saving the life of the mother or rape instances)?

And if you say no i'm not going to do what you may be assuming I am asking this for (IE im not going to say HAHAHAHA gotcha)
Since I'm okay with mandatory insurance the answer would be yes. But again, if the person in question can't afford the fine, no. Same with any other medical procedure, imo.

I'd like to kniw the stats on rape and incest abortions. And I'd also like to see if doctors just accept that or do they check out the story. My guess is that a majority are bullshit stories. Does a drug induced one night stand constitute "rape"? Simply because she never caught his name?

Republicans believe that government should stay out of people's personal decisions. Unless they disagree with those decisions.

What a coincidence. Democrats believe the government should be involved in all of people's personal decisions . . . except for abortion.

It just seems that way. The truth is, when Republicans want to make minorities second class citizens, Democrats have to step in. When Republicans want to teach "mysticism" in place of science, Democrats, once again, have to step in.

Democrats are actually saving Republicans from themselves.

I'm against abortion but I'll defend any other woman's right to decide for herself. When it comes to funding it - fuck off and pay for your own damned mistakes you lazy ass bitch!

Is "rape" a "mistake"?

Only for the perp.

For the record, I have no objection to federal funding for abortion in a rape case.

What is your stance on abortion otherwise ?

Which bit of 'I am against abortion but support other woman's right to choose' is tricky to understand.

I am pro life. I am fundamentally opposed to abortion. But, because I believe in freedom, I believe in individual freedom and individual responsibility. It is not for me to tell you how to live or vis versa.

Like I said above somewhere, the comparison isn't valid. Therefore I can't vote.

I have another question about your opinion. Do you feel its ok to impose a fine on someone who chooses to have an abortion in the first trimester (excluding saving the life of the mother or rape instances)?

And if you say no i'm not going to do what you may be assuming I am asking this for (IE im not going to say HAHAHAHA gotcha)
Since I'm okay with mandatory insurance the answer would be yes. But again, if the person in question can't afford the fine, no. Same with any other medical procedure, imo.

Ok its time to split hairs. How do we decide what people can afford if we are going to levy a fine for making the personal choice to not purchase or receive coverage? Or what is an "acceptable" fine amount in your mind?

For Example: 1% of your gross yearly income.

What is your acceptable fine?

Last edited:

Ok its time to split hairs. How do we decide what people can afford if we are going to levy a fine for making the personal choice to not purchase or receive coverage? Or what is an "acceptable" fine amount in your mind?

People on medicaid don't pay for health insurance...so I think that would be an acceptable way to decide who is eligible for free health care.

The fine for those that can afford it should be the same amount it would have cost them for coverage.

People on medicaid don't pay for health insurance...so I think that would be an acceptable way to decide who is eligible for free health care.

The fine for those that can afford it should be the same amount it would have cost them for coverage.

That was easy :). Thanks

To me that position is basically unamerican. As I stated in another thread:

Both the Far Right and the Far Left are unamerican as they are both in favor of controlling individual behavior.

Sorry to offend those of you who are like this, but i feel it is wrong as an american to try and manipulate people's decisions through laws, religion, or fear.

EDIT: I didn't mean to call Ravi unamerican here, I dont consider her on of the far left/right people. I just meant the position feels unamerican to me and not the person holding it.

Last edited:
Why do you find the choices fallacious? I'll explain myself a little differently here.

I'm saying its a womans body and her choice if she decides to have an abortion and if a woman decides to do so, under current law, then she should be able to (even if i dont like abortion). The woman should not be heckled, fined, or otherwise have any external negative impact from it.

I'm also saying its my body and my choice if I decide to purchase health insurance coverage. The individual should not be looked down on, fined, or otherwise have any external negative impact from this decision.

I dont see what is fallacious but i'm willing to listen if you want to explain it better.

The questions you ask are ancillary to the topic matter, they do relate but they are not at the heart of my question or intention.

I understand what you're saying. Thing is, I still find the choice fallacious. I believe in choice within the perameters set by Roe. As much as it was a poorly written decision, it does a good balancing act between a woman's right to control her own body and state interest in protection of lives in being.

To me, requiring everyone to purchase health insurance so that the costs are allocated among young and old, healthy and sick, is simply good economics and no more infringes on our right to control our body than requiring us to have automobile insurance when we drive. No one is forcing or preventing medical care; No one is imposing anything on the person. That is why I commented as I did.

I hope that articulates my position a bit more clearly. And thanks for listening. Always a pleasure.

Only for the perp.

For the record, I have no objection to federal funding for abortion in a rape case.

What is your stance on abortion otherwise ?

Which bit of 'I am against abortion but support other woman's right to choose' is tricky to understand.

I am pro life. I am fundamentally opposed to abortion. But, because I believe in freedom, I believe in individual freedom and individual responsibility. It is not for me to tell you how to live or vis versa.
Not hard to understand. I missed where you posted that. Multitasking here. Thanks for answering.

You didn't hurt my feelings. :lol: Just love that rep!

If I were Queen, I'd certainly word things differently. I'd make everyone have deducted from their pay check or earnings an amount that would cover medicare like coverage for everyone. Just like any other tax.

If you don't have earnings, you don't have to worry about it. If you don't pay your taxes, you get penalized just like you do now.

Works out to be the same thing, in the end...but everyone is used to paying taxes and taxes aren't unAmerican.

If I were Queen, I'd certainly word things differently. I'd make everyone have deducted from their pay check or earnings an amount that would cover medicare like coverage for everyone. Just like any other tax.

If you don't have earnings, you don't have to worry about it. If you don't pay your taxes, you get penalized just like you do now.

Works out to be the same thing, in the end...but everyone is used to paying taxes and taxes aren't unAmerican.

I'm not used to paying taxes, I still get fired up every friday when I open my paycheck to find 6% going to the state and another 25% going to the feds for income and entitlement taxes. But I do accept the 2% of my check that goes to my health insurance ;).

I'm a stick in the mud with taxes :).

Anarchy FTW :lol:

J/K on the anarcy thing

I'm not used to paying taxes, I still get fired up every friday when I open my paycheck to find 6% going to the state and another 25% going to the feds for income and entitlement taxes. But I do accept the 2% of my check that goes to my health insurance ;).

J/K on the anarcy thing

Your share of the Medicare tax is 1.45%.

J/K on the anarcy thing

Your share of the Medicare tax is 1.45%.

I know I lumped medicare, social security, and my federal income tax into the ~25% :).

I'm looking at my check right now thinking just what has the government done for me lately :lol: and seeing its more like ~20%, still too much :)

Forum List

Back