Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its my body, my choice for health coverage but not abortion

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I'm curious as to which forum members believe that abortion is a woman right as it is her body, her choice.

You dont have to explain why if you dont want to but I am curious if you believe this.

since i'm talking abortion i'll explain how I feel about it. I am against people having abortions much in the same way I'm against the death penalty. In certain extreme cases i'm ok with both happening, but as a rule of thumb I am against abortion and the death penalty. If a woman is going to die from a pregnancy I say abort, if a woman gets raped and gets pregnant I say abort....those are the circumstances where I find abortion acceptable.

I have a serious quesiton for those that do believe in my body, my choice. Do you feel that it is ok for the government to "force" an individual to purchase health insurance by implosing a fine on those who dont? My state charges you a fine if you dont have personal health insurance and the latest health care fiasco has it in the language that you will have to pay a fine if you dont have coverage.

The "my body my choice" is something that seems more embraced on the liberal side than the conservative side and the "govt health care" issue also seems more embraced by liberals than by conservatives.

Basically what i'm getting at is do you also apply my body, my choice to health insurance? Do you think it is wrong to fine someone who CHOOSES to not purchase insurance in the same way you think its wrong to take the choice of abortion away from a woman? It is our body our choice after all.

Please Opine.

I support choice in the first trimester only unless the life of the mother is in danger.

And to your last question: No.

"My body" vs. Choice. I love this dichotomy.

Because alot of the same folks who wave the pro choice banner wildly, are the first ones to want a woman locked up if she does drugs or drinks while pregnant.

So folks, it's never been about choice actually. It's been and is, about control.

Wow. Good argument. I do believe in "my body, my choice". And I don't want the government telling me what I can eat , smoke, or when I have to visit the doctor. With that said, I am anti-legalization of drugs and think that's a bogus argument when drug abuse affects so many. Esp. unborn children.

Come to think of it, don't the libs use that argument for illegal drugs?

"My body, My Choice" has always gone beyond just Abortion or Health Care. The whole issue of "The War on Drugs" which Republicans widely support is Government control of what you put in your body.

I'm for Abortion in the first trimester only unless the life of the mother is in danger, rape, etc.

I'm not for mandatory Health Care.

I'm against "The War on Drugs."

Simple as that.

I don't see how you can compare the two.

One is basically a tax, which the government can constitutionally levy.

The other is a civil rights issue.
Huh?

Should the government be funding abortion on demand with our tax dollars? It's a yes or no proposition.

Can you provide a little more detail ravi?

I'm following your thought but am wanting to understand more of its substance.

Hey people there is a poll :) its not public so feel free to vote ;)

I'm for Abortion in the first trimester only unless the life of the mother is in danger, rape, etc.
The key question is: Are you for it on the taxpayer dime, on demand?Not that simple anymore, is it.

If she's on public assistance, absolutely.

I'm even in favor of offering her $1000 cash to get herself sterilized.
Now you're getting closer to where I'm at on this issue.

1st Abortion? Free of charge if you cannot pay for it. The gubmint picks up the tab.

2nd Abortion? Free as well! But wait! Call now and we throw in a bonus, tubal ligation! Also on the taxpayer dime!

Problem solved.

Huh?

Should the government be funding abortion on demand with our tax dollars? It's a yes or no proposition.
Are you PP's sock puppet? I didn't notice that question, but I'll answer it anyway.

Yes, IF all reasonable medical costs are covered, so should be abortion.

And on demand, absolutely. There's no reason to make a law to keep you from becoming hysterical because some woman might abort late term.

The key question is: Are you for it on the taxpayer dime, on demand?Not that simple anymore, is it.

1st Abortion? Free of charge if you cannot pay for it. The gubmint picks up the tab.

2nd Abortion? Free as well! But wait! Call now and we throw in a bonus, tubal ligation! Also on the taxpayer dime!

Problem solved.

I dont take issue with that Midnight.

I don't know what else to say...ask me a question.

It's my body and my choice in every situation. Of course I would never get an abortion, and it ain't just because I don't have a uterus and am incapable of producing offspring as a male, but I also don't condone it except it is endangering the mother.

You Are you PP's sock puppet? I didn't notice that question, but I'll answer it anyway.

Yes, IF all reasonable medical costs are covered, so should be abortion.

And on demand, absolutely. There's no reason to make a law to keep you from becoming hysterical because some woman might abort late term.
Idiot stick, you did not make it clear who you were addressing.

But...

You believe abortion should be an entitlement. Right?

We should just pay for all abortions with our hard-earned tax dollars?

Last edited:

Problem solved.

I dont take issue with that Midnight.
Few there are who don't.

I don't know what else to say...ask me a question.

I'm not sure if I have a specific question its just something about your post is nagging at my brain. Let me make a statement and see where it goes.

I feel, in the end, that purchasing health insurance coverage or having an abortion both fall under the "my body, my choice" statement. I feel it would be wrong for the govt to deny abortion and I also feel its wrong for the government to fine me if i choose to not have health insurance as both are an individuals personal choice to make.

You said I can't compare the two and that just isn't processing for me right now. Which is why I asked you to make a slightly more in depth post to see if there is something i'm missing about your position.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back