Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

Do you believe in same-sex marriage?

• yes

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • no

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
I go with my stock answer.

I believe gays should be able to experience the same pain and suffering that heteros suffer from with a long drawn out and inopportune marriage.

The only difference is they can't be force into shot-gun weddings.

Actually I'm starting to think some gays want to get "married" so they can legally lay claim to thier lover.

Certainly possible, since it's a very common attitude. And I mean among humans, not just homosexuals.

I suspect most homosexuals are simply as ignorant about the laws and the "rights" brought up by their advocates, and really think that legally-sanctioned relationships will protect them from problems they've been led to believe they could have. I also suspect, from observing my friends and acquaintances who are homosexual, that a lot of them have self-esteem and insecurity issues, and this will make them feel better about themselves.

The leaders and spokespeople, however, really do want to use this as a bludgeon to beat their political opposition to death.

I doubt it. Ever been to the Folsom Street Fair? They have heterosexuals engaging in essentially the same behavior, and it's about as distasteful to the average middle-class American.

The truth is that most people just don't want to be made an unwilling participant in someone else's sex life. It's called a "private life" for a reason, so keep it that way!

You know, Cecelie...I really appreciate you bringing up the Folsom Street Fair. I've had people throwing that in my face for years as an example of deviant gay behavior. I keep telling them that it is Straight Leather People as well as gay...in fact, as we see in the population, a LOT more Straight People. I am either ignored or called a liar.

Everyone likes to see the 2 headed cow at the fair.

This is a fact, and that attitude is exactly why so many in both the homosexual and the BDSM community are arguing with the In-Your-Facers. The goal for both is to not be viewed as a 2-headed cow.

No one has ever made a rational argument against same-sex marriage, so if you believe that liberty means allowing people to do whatever you can't make a rational argument against allowing them to do,

then you should support same sex marriage.

I can only assume you define "rational" as "one I agree with", since all my arguments are rational, thank you very much. They just aren't reasons you happen to agree with or care about, which is not my problem.

I've never heard your argument against it. So go ahead and make it.

I've made it many times on this board. Not my fault you weren't paying attention. Go look it up.

Whether you "believe" in same sex marriage is not the question to ask.

Do you believe that law abiding, productive, contributing members of society should be able to enjoy all the rights benefits and privileges of that society?

is the question that should be asked.

Yes, because THAT isn't a biased and leading question that injects the questioner's own opinions into the survey. :rolleyes:

Whether you "believe" in same sex marriage is not the question to ask.

Do you believe that law abiding, productive, contributing members of society should be able to enjoy all the rights benefits and privileges of that society?

is the question that should be asked.

Yes, because THAT isn't a biased and leading question that injects the questioner's own opinions into the survey. :rolleyes:

So you do not consider Homosexuals as Law abiding, productive and contributing members of society?

Forum List

Back