Do you believe in Noahs Ark?

I believe in it, always have.

Care to watch the video and comment on it? You responded 2 minutes after it posted, and the video is 8 minutes long. Not that you have to watch it, but i was curious what people thought about Joes comments, and what the archeoligist has to say about finding the ark. After watching the video, is your faith only reinforced by this discovery of the boat, or is it possible youve been wrong about it all along? I highly doubt anyone is going to have a big change of heart, but you never know.

I don't like your comedian...I couldn't last two minutes. Bill Cosby's "Noah" is much better.

Every civilization in history has a story of a great flood. Try watching some discovery channel. Some people now think what we refer to as the great flood was when a wall broke and the sea rushed in a filled the black sea. Others believe that at one time, our atmosphere was filled with water and something punched a hole in it which caused the water to cover the earth all at once. They believe that's why people back then lived longer too, because the water filtered out the rays of the sun. The story of the flood goes back to over 1000 years before the Bible and is written about in other texts.

Yes, some believe they've found the arc on Mt Ararat...others believe they've found it buried in the ground.
Now, if it'd been written by women....perhaps we could trust it to be more exact? :lol:

Why? Is it because it's touchy, takes too long to defend,or is it that it seems mean or hypocritical to attack faith? I'd like to know.

Im a bit afraid to post in this thread.....but maybe its due to the personal , close feelings that believers have in their faith.

To them , it is not unlike questioning their love for their child......asked to prove why they love their child , or any other # of un-answerable questions.

Proving you love your child wouldnt be that hard to do, because its not a stretch to believe that you do love your child. The more outrageous the claim, the more proof is required to back that claim up.

If i told you i had an invisible dragon in my garage that you cant see, hear, taste, feel or smell, you would think im out of my mind, and it would require an amazing amount of proof for me to convince you im telling the truth. If i told you i ate eggs for breakfast, you would probably just take my word for it and more proof wouldnt be necessary. The story in your bible is an outlandish tale that should require tons of proof, yet for some reason you guys just go ahead and believe in that with no proof at all. When else in your life do you freely do away with all common sense and logic? This is the part that bothers me about religion, and its this blind faith that makes some people do crazy things, like blowing themselves up, so they can go to heaven where 30 virgins are waiting for them.

This idea that religion is just about love and peace is not true. Religious people do crazy shit and have crazy beliefs, and the fact that these beliefs guide the decisions people make, it effects me and everyone else in the world, so i dont want to hear people tell me that i should just let everyone believe whatever they want and not complain when i think they are wrong.

Actually, faith is just the oppisite of proving that you love your children. It is more like proving that your children love you. That is why it is so hard to define.

I believe in it, always have.

Care to watch the video and comment on it? You responded 2 minutes after it posted, and the video is 8 minutes long. Not that you have to watch it, but i was curious what people thought about Joes comments, and what the archeoligist has to say about finding the ark. After watching the video, is your faith only reinforced by this discovery of the boat, or is it possible youve been wrong about it all along? I highly doubt anyone is going to have a big change of heart, but you never know.

I don't like your comedian...I couldn't last two minutes. Bill Cosby's "Noah" is much better.

Every civilization in history has a story of a great flood.
Try watching some discovery channel. Some people now think what we refer to as the great flood was when a wall broke and the sea rushed in a filled the black sea. Others believe that at one time, our atmosphere was filled with water and something punched a hole in it which caused the water to cover the earth all at once. They believe that's why people back then lived longer too, because the water filtered out the rays of the sun. The story of the flood goes back to over 1000 years before the Bible and is written about in other texts.

Yes, some believe they've found the arc on Mt Ararat...others believe they've found it buried in the ground.
Now, if it'd been written by women....perhaps we could trust it to be more exact? :lol:

Confusing stories about big floods with a one single flood is very simple minded. Louisiana has a story about a great flood ... and it's very recent, but it in no way accounts for one huge world wide flood.

We, Muslims, also believe in Noah and the ark as well as the other prophets and messengers (peace be upon them all)

"Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as We imparted unto David the Psalms; (163) And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and Allah spake directly unto Moses; (164)"
Quran 4:163-164

And this is the story of Noah in the Quran

They said: O Noah! Thou hast disputed with us and multiplied disputation with us; now bring upon us that wherewith thou threatenest us, if thou art of the truthful. (32) He said: Only Allah will bring it upon you if He will, and ye can by no means escape. (33) My counsel will not profit you if I were minded to advise you, if Allah's will is to keep you astray. He is your Lord and unto Him ye will be brought back. (34) Or say they (again): He hath invented it? Say: If I have invented it, upon me be my crimes, but I am innocent of (all) that ye commit. (35) And it was inspired in Noah, (saying): No-one of thy folk will believe save him who hath believed already. Be not distressed because of what they do. (36) Build the ship under Our eyes and by Our inspiration, and speak not unto Me on behalf of those who do wrong. Lo! they will be drowned. (37) And he was building the ship, and every time that chieftains of his people passed him, they made mock of him. He said: Though ye make mock of Us, yet We mock at you even as ye mock; (38) And ye shall know to whom a punishment that will confound him cometh, and upon whom a lasting doom will fall. (39) (Thus it was) till, when Our commandment came to pass and the oven gushed forth water, We said: Load therein two of every kind, a pair (the male and female), and thy household, save him against whom the word hath gone forth already, and those who believe. And but a few were they who believed with him. (40) And he said: Embark therein! In the name of Allah be its course and its mooring. Lo! my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (41) And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah cried unto his son - and he was standing aloof - O my son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers. (42) He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned. (43) And it was said: O earth! Swallow thy water and, O sky! be cleared of clouds! And the water was made to subside. And the commandment was fulfilled. And it (the ship) came to rest upon (the mount) Al-Judi and it was said: A far removal for wrongdoing folk! (44) And Noah cried unto his Lord and said: My Lord! Lo! my son is of my household! Surely Thy promise is the truth and Thou are the Most Just of Judges. (45) He said: O Noah! Lo! he is not of thy household; lo! he is of evil conduct, so ask not of Me that whereof thou hast no knowledge. I admonish thee lest thou be among the ignorant. (46) He said: My Lord! Lo! in Thee do I seek refuge (from the sin) that I should ask of Thee that whereof I have no knowledge. Unless Thou forgive me and have mercy on me I shall be among the lost. (47) It was said (unto him): O Noah! Go thou down (from the mountain) with peace from Us and blessings upon thee and some nations (that will spring) from those with thee. (There will be other) nations unto whom We shall give enjoyment a long while and then a painful doom from Us will overtake them. (48)
Quran 11:32-48

The silence is deafening. Yeah, i had a feeling people werent buying into the whole Noahs Ark thing. Even the most dedicated christian would have a hard time swallowing this story, which makes me wonder why you guys believe everything else in the bible.

I believe in Noah's Ark as do lots of Christians. Ohh ya explain how that big ass boat got on top of that mountain?

Jesus, WHAT do you read besides creationscience.com and fox news?

No one's ever been to the ararat anomaly. The turks don't allow it.

All we have are photographs of a shape on the mountain. Not even good photos at that. It could be a rock formation.

What do you think is more plausible? That its some funny shaped rocks? Or a huge boat?

The silence is deafening. Yeah, i had a feeling people werent buying into the whole Noahs Ark thing. Even the most dedicated christian would have a hard time swallowing this story, which makes me wonder why you guys believe everything else in the bible.

I believe in Noah's Ark as do lots of Christians. Ohh ya explain how that big ass boat got on top of that mountain?

Jesus, WHAT do you read besides creationscience.com and fox news?

No one's ever been to the ararat anomaly. The turks don't allow it.

All we have are photographs of a shape on the mountain. Not even good photos at that. It could be a rock formation.

What do you think is more plausible? That its some funny shaped rocks? Or a huge boat?

People will believe what they want to believe and ignore all evidence that refutes it.

Noah's Ark is part of the Jew Old Testament. I believe only in the Christian New Testamnet.

Noah's Ark is part of the Jew Old Testament. I believe only in the Christian New Testamnet.

Hmm, is there a name for Christians who reject the OT? Pretty sure most of them see it as providing a background that "proves" Christ is the savior with, for example, alleged prophecies. The NT strikes me as less offensive than the OT, I suppose.

Noahs: A negative followed by the singular pronoun, often used to correct what another thinks you are doing.

Example: Noahs not going to shoot dem geese with a 22 ... I gots me a 12 gauge.

I definately believe in the great flood, so Noah's ark has merit with me....maybe i don't understand in detail all that is in the Bible story of it, or all that is in the various great flood myths throughtout the world or the Atlantis myth, but arcaeologists are finding that there was a great flood, and geneticists are saying there was a bottle neck with our DNA tracings that could support a great flood.

I definately believe in the great flood, so Noah's ark has merit with me....maybe i don't understand in detail all that is in the Bible story of it, or all that is in the various great flood myths throughtout the world or the Atlantis myth, but arcaeologists are finding that there was a great flood, and geneticists are saying there was a bottle neck with our DNA tracings that could support a great flood.

.....is the earth flat too ?

.....is the earth flat too ?

Yukon ... it was your church that held to that myth the longest. I recommend you not try that.

Forum List

Back