Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What if someone doesn't lack religious belief? For example, suppose someone stated "I believe there are no gods." Would that person be an Atheist?

What difference does the label make?

If there is any truth to religion that can be based on modern observation, it's that there are as many different religious doctrines at any given moment as there are living souls with enough self awareness to consider the question.

Show me two people who claim to be in perfect religious synchronicity and I'll show you a one in two shot at finding a liar. Religion and personal beliefs are what makes us individuals, and religion not achieved in the privacy of ones own mind is coercion, plain and simple.

I would agree with you the lables mean nothing. That was the point I was trying to make. You don't lack beliefs simply because you define yourself that way. The lable only has meaning if it accurately reflects behavior.

I would disagree with you about religion. Faith and belief are certainly individual and I would agree with you that no two people are identical. Religion, however, is social. As such, it tends to be more about compromise. In any society more complex than a small clan, you will always find religion and government. Both acheive the same thing in slightly different manners and they are always intertwined. It's a human thing. It really has nothing at all to do about gods.

Yep...right on. Just goes to show you how stupid 95% of the US voters are. Both Dembos and Repugs are all nothing but big government, warmongering liberals that have been running this mess for over 60 years.

Yep...right on. Just goes to show you how stupid 95% of the US voters are. Both Dembos and Repugs are all nothing but big government, warmongering liberals that have been running this mess for over 60 years.

That's right! Darn them! Darn them all to heck!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.........

What goes to show how stupid 95% of US voters are? What does big government or warmongering have to do with anything anyone is discussing in this thread?

Very many so-called atheists are so unbalanced emotionally and mentally.

That means "no" :) Not believing in god does not mean ruling him out.

In fact, ruling god out is in itself a sort of religious belief.

That is ridiculous. Ruling out religion is a religious belief? Not hardly. But it fits the believer's mental state just as they must call atheism, a lack of religious belief, religion. Somehow others must be just as dependent as they are and to hell with the facts.

What if someone doesn't lack religious belief? For example, suppose someone stated "I believe there are no gods." Would that person be an Atheist?

Certainly. By definition atheists don't believe in any god, or gods, no supreme beings, no head honcho.

You are on your own.

That is ridiculous. Ruling out religion is a religious belief? Not hardly. But it fits the believer's mental state just as they must call atheism, a lack of religious belief, religion. Somehow others must be just as dependent as they are and to hell with the facts.

Certainly. By definition atheists don't believe in any god, or gods, no supreme beings, no head honcho.

You are on your own.

But that person would not lack religious belief. It would just be a negtive belief.

New Topics

Forum List

Back