Do you believe in god? Do you think the idea of god is bs? Please explain why or why not.

I believe in the Father. I also believe in Christ. I know they live because of countless revelations, interactions, and experiences with the Holy Spirit.

I've experienced the tender mercies of the Lord. I've tested on Him in trials. I've been healed through divine interactions. I've seen miracles. I've seen the hand of Divine Providence on the timeline of history. Even life itself testifies that there is a God. It would be prudent to seek His guidance and approval in our daily walk

I believe in the Father. I also believe in Christ. I know they live because of countless revelations, interactions, and experiences with the Holy Spirit.

I've experienced the tender mercies of the Lord. I've tested on Him in trials. I've been healed through divine interactions. I've seen miracles. I've seen the hand of Divine Providence on the timeline of history. Even life itself testifies that there is a God. It would be prudent to seek His guidance and approval in our daily walk

He tells me to be nice and stop making jokes about his kid...

Yes, life.

So.....
Yes, life.

Soo... I assume by your cryptic comment that you think life is evidence of god?

Living life affirms my belief; too many occurances to list, and the universe is too orderly to have just "happened". By the way, what lies beyond the universe?

Well, nothing, because the universe is what is. Some physicists believe in a "multiverse," which refers to arenas outside what we can see with certain mathematical equations, I personally have a hunch that the everything is infinite.

I'm sorry to hear of your sickness. If you can tell me what made you believe this, I might be able to find a solution. Having hallucinations is not common, but it is a sign of serious mental illness. I am here if you ever need any help. Please don't hesitate to consult me in the event of serious difficulty.

I'm sorry to hear of your sickness. If you can tell me what made you believe this, I might be able to find a solution. Having hallucinations is not common, but it is a sign of serious mental illness. I am here if you ever need any help. Please don't hesitate to consult me in the event of serious difficulty.

Oh excuse me, ihallhou. I answered your top post not realizing that you were just providing for yourself an opportunity to mock those who believe in God.

I have deleted my response.

The circle of life consists of the creatures that exist and their interaction with other creatures that

Oh excuse me, ihallhou. I answered your top post not realizing that you were just providing for yourself an opportunity to mock those who believe in God.

Well it is true that people suffer from hallucinations. I worked as mental health counselor for about a year, and I experienced lots of folks with schizophrenia, all of which exhibited the same symptoms as religious folks... for example, the belief that a 2000 year-old man lives and controls one's destiny. That, in any other context (clinical context) would easily qualify as psychotic behavior.

The circle of life consists of the creatures that exist and their interaction with other creatures that

Well it is true that people suffer from hallucinations. I worked as mental health counselor for about a year, and I experienced lots of folks with schizophrenia, all of which exhibited the same symptoms as religious folks... for example, the belief that a 2000 year-old man lives and controls one's destiny. That, in any other context (clinical context) would easily qualify as psychotic behavior.

Or a relief from psychosis..

Or a relief from psychosis..

I'm not a psychiatrist so I can't make that judgement.
But I know a troll when I see one.

your unbelief and wickedness doesn't chance the truth of what I've experienced. If you don't want to hear the Ruth, you shouldn't have pretended you wanted to. Lying is a huge character flaw

funny. I work with criminals and those with mental health issues. You exhibit the same symptoms

Here's your chance to justify your belief or nonbelief in the idea of god.

I absolutely believe in God.

My belief in God though is considerably different than that of religious peoples'. I don't believe God is sentient nor discrete like a person is. Rather I think God is the result of people (and all other life in the universe) collarborating together and dynamicly altering reality attosecond to attosecond.

Quantum physics says we alter physical reality just by observing it. So what happens when we're not looking at our keys that they get lost? Did they blink out of existence for a moment and reappear someplace else when a speck of dust (a living mite) looked at it? :) Who knows. But I'm happier considering possibilities like that than I am there's an actual being called God who spends a curious amount of its time thinking about us.

You can't fight God. It does not work. You can't find one man in history, one man in the revelation of God that ever fought against God and won. It can't be done. What makes a man think just a little insignificant puny man on the face of the globe that he is going to stand in defiance of God? That is the most foolish a man can ever conceive of. You who can't even figure out the simplest facts of human existence are going to fight the God who authored the universe. It doesn't make a lot of sense. And since Scripture has been complete men have continued to do it. But you know what they are all dead, withered, decayed and gone and God's alive. if you've never come to Jesus Christ and accepted Him as Savior you're fighting God's only provision for your salvation and forgiveness of sin. If you've never come to Jesus Christ you're not giving God the glory, and if you're not giving God the glory then you're fighting against His glory. And if you've not become a part of His church, a part of His body, you're fighting against His purpose and all three are losers. You say, well I'm not fighting God. Jesus said, "He that is not with me is what? Against me." You say, "Well I'd like to get on God's side. How do I do it? Jesus said, "No man come unto the Father but by Me." You come to Christ, receive Him by faith and you're on God's side. You cease being an enemy. Are you ready for this? And you become a son, a son of God on whom He pours out all His love.

Don't believe in deities.
Why?
For a supposedly "infallible", all-knowing, all-powerful, "perfect" being, he/she/it seems to suffer from the following:
1. Insecurity.
2. Egotism/narcissism.
3. Rage.
4. Homicidal ideation.
Well, basically much of humans failings.
Reason for that is that....he/she/it was a creation by man.
People feared death and still do, thus they wanted to coninue on in some way and telling them that there is a life after death gave/gives them comfort.

Forum List

Back