Do you believe in evolution?

He could have. my father in law brought up this possibility at church and was treated like a heretic.

How did Noah get all those animals on one boat? And how did kangaroos travel all the way from australia to get on Noah's boat?

A better question would be how did Koalas and Kangaroos get from the Ark to Australia? {shrug}

Doesn't matter and I don't care. It's one of those questions that I'll leave to God to answer in his own time. Like the question I'll ask him about evolution when the time comes. "How close was Charles Darwin when he developed his theory?" Does it really matter anyway? If you believe in God does "How" he created the universe matter?

We have to accept that by all scientific evidence species evolve in some manner, whether it be developing new forms of life i.e. ape to man, or whether it be new species i.e. wolf to poodle. What does all of this have to do with whether or not God actually put the ball in motion?

Immie

I'm presuming the bible is the literal word of God, as most evangelicals assert.

Is it possible kangaroos and kualas swam from australia to the middle east, where Noah presumably built his boat?

i believe science speculates, however many million, billion years ago we were pushed somehow in to rotating around the sun and getting our moon....we actually were in Darkness....i GOT goose bumps when i heard this...! :D

so, big bang...universe or the heavenS and the earth is created...

we were in darkness....didn't have a Sun or moon

then we were given light....got kicked in to the milky way, had the sun and moon, controlled the tides, shook up earth, the firmament rose out of the water....the continent Pangea....and days were similar to the 24hour days we have now....though i saw on a documentary that our days were much longer than 24 hours as well...

when we were not connected to rotating around the sun, our so called days could have been millions of years...

SEE? hahahahaha! IT'S real easy...it all fits nicely in MY head!!!!!! :lol:

care
So basically God was just bowling planets across the universe until one by one they got caught in a gravitational pull. Makes sense to me!

Somebody or something was....you don't have to call it God! :D But we did end up in this Galaxy, with this sun and with this moon, and this water, then this firmament with carbon, on earth so that life, could exist...I'd say the odds are something like one in a trillion trillion....chances....so without knowing all the information, I'd say "something" could have influenced it....this can not be ruled out...at least not yet!

Care

A better question would be how did Koalas and Kangaroos get from the Ark to Australia? {shrug}

Doesn't matter and I don't care. It's one of those questions that I'll leave to God to answer in his own time.

In other words, you will ignore the glaring inconsistencies that contradict your beliefs? Being inquisitive and asking questions is how we find out how the universe works. If we all put blinders on and said "leave it to God", we'd still be living in caves.

No, I never said anything at all about ignoring them. I simply am not worried about them. Does the question, "What will Michelle Obama wear today?" concern you?

I find the question of evolution very intriguing, but I do not believe the answers it comes up with will sway my belief in God. When scientists prove that "God is dead", then I will be concerned. :)

Immie

How did Noah get all those animals on one boat? And how did kangaroos travel all the way from australia to get on Noah's boat?

Doesn't matter and I don't care. It's one of those questions that I'll leave to God to answer in his own time. Like the question I'll ask him about evolution when the time comes. "How close was Charles Darwin when he developed his theory?" Does it really matter anyway? If you believe in God does "How" he created the universe matter?

We have to accept that by all scientific evidence species evolve in some manner, whether it be developing new forms of life i.e. ape to man, or whether it be new species i.e. wolf to poodle. What does all of this have to do with whether or not God actually put the ball in motion?

Immie

I'm presuming the bible is the literal word of God, as most evangelicals assert.

Is it possible kangaroos and kualas swam from australia to the middle east, where Noah presumably built his boat?

I suppose it is possible, or maybe they caught another boat? :)

Immie

i believe science speculates, however many million, billion years ago we were pushed somehow in to rotating around the sun and getting our moon....we actually were in Darkness....i GOT goose bumps when i heard this...! :D

then we were given light....got kicked in to the milky way, had the sun and moon, controlled the tides, shook up earth, the firmament rose out of the water....the continent Pangea....and days were similar to the 24hour days we have now....though i saw on a documentary that our days were much longer than 24 hours as well...

when we were not connected to rotating around the sun, our so called days could have been millions of years...

care
So basically God was just bowling planets across the universe until one by one they got caught in a gravitational pull. Makes sense to me!

Somebody or something was....you don't have to call it God! :D But we did end up in this Galaxy, with this sun and with this moon, and this water, then this firmament with carbon, on earth so that life, could exist...I'd say the odds are something like one in a trillion trillion....chances....so without knowing all the information, I'd say "something" could have influenced it....this can not be ruled out...at least not yet!

Care

I don't like the "one in a trillion" chance excuse, though I don't belittle your belief, but the reasoning is this:

It's one in a trillion per solar system, there are more than a quadrillion solar systems in every galaxy, and as far as we know there are an infinite number of galaxies, so chances are (scientifically) there is life on many more planets in our own galaxy, not to mention in the whole universe even with those slim odds. Also, the one in a trillion odds are based on very old understanding of life. In reality it's more like one in a hundred per solar system and one in a billion per planet. We have learned there are many planets once thought of as uninhabitable to actually have very primitive life forms on them. Also note that the chances are for complex life forms, not just the presence of life.

care

Care

care, that's a very agnostic answer. All you're saying is that there are processes and forces that created the universe that we don't comprehend, and will never fully comprehend.

You're going to have to do a better job of convincing me that a guy with a white beard and robe was responsible for this! :D

just teasing, I can understand if people want to call the forces that created this universe Allah, or God, or whatever. I just can't buy into the bible being literally true, the literal word of God.

Immie

I suppose it is possible, or maybe they caught another boat? :)

Immie

:clap2:

Nicely played!

Care

care, that's a very agnostic answer. All you're saying is that there are processes and forces that created the universe that we don't comprehend, and will never fully comprehend.

You're going to have to do a better job of convincing me that a guy with a white beard and robe was responsible for this! :D

just teasing, I can understand if people want to call the forces that created this universe Allah, or God, or whatever. I just can't buy into the bible being literally true, the literal word of God.

the Bible is filled with metaphors, parables, symbolism, astrology, history and numerology....it still may all be the Word of God! :D With thousands of years in between, we just ALL could be clueless on how to interpret this symbolism, numerology etc... is how i look at it!

care

Care

I don't like the "one in a trillion" chance excuse, though I don't belittle your belief, but the reasoning is this:

It's one in a trillion per solar system, there are more than a quadrillion solar systems in every galaxy, and as far as we know there are an infinite number of galaxies, so chances are (scientifically) there is life on many more planets in our own galaxy, not to mention in the whole universe even with those slim odds. Also, the one in a trillion odds are based on very old understanding of life. In reality it's more like one in a hundred per solar system and one in a billion per planet. We have learned there are many planets once thought of as uninhabitable to actually have very primitive life forms on them. Also note that the chances are for complex life forms, not just the presence of life.

i have no doubt there could be some form of life that existed somewhere else at some time, i am not even certain if we didn't for that matter.

i said one in a trillion trillion chance, not one in a trillion! :D

the fact still remains, that the Bible states the earth was in darkness....science says the earth was once in darkness...

the bible then says the earth was given a sun and a moon, and science says the earth was kicked in to this galaxy with the sun and moon...it explained it more as an asteroid or another nearing planet's pressence that pulled or pushed us in to it.

the bible is not a science book and should not be thought of one imo, but there is more truth in it regarding the science of today than many give credit to....again, in my opinion.

care

Care

i have no doubt there could be some form of life that existed somewhere else at some time, i am not even certain if we didn't for that matter.

i said one in a trillion trillion chance, not one in a trillion! :D

the fact still remains, that the Bible states the earth was in darkness....science says the earth was once in darkness...

the bible then says the earth was given a sun and a moon, and science says the earth was kicked in to this galaxy with the sun and moon...it explained it more as an asteroid or another nearing planet's pressence that pulled or pushed us in to it.

the bible is not a science book and should not be thought of one imo, but there is more truth in it regarding the science of today than many give credit to....again, in my opinion.

care

Meh, not knocking your beliefs, just explaining the "chances" thing in a more updated tone is all and why I don't like that particular rationalization. I use to use it myself, until I studied celestial mechanics (gaming reasons) and found out what it really means and what the newer science says.

[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]

hahahahahahahahahahaha! yeah, that pretty much sums it up! But the thing is, I don't care that others don't buy in to what I think on all of this...heck, I didn't buy in to it myself for a decade or two....the difference between then and now, is a stronger Faith, a personal Faith, that can not be given away to others...they gotta get some of their own, if they want it! :D

care

So, how did the fish learn to breathe on the land?

First, the question is very poorly worded.

Secondly, many fish breath air, dolphins are actually mammals, not fish, which are very close to land animals. The next evolutionary side step would be the seal family, which have many sea mammal and land mammal traits. There are so many things to explain, but I hope that answers enough to get you to look it up.

Forum List

Back