Do you believe in evolution?

You won't try to convince us of it because it's a lie.

But just for laughs, please post some evidence of "inter-species" evolution.

Hmm ... to toss around an old phrase:

Since you haven't actually read or studied it, you have no idea what you are talking about and shouldn't try to tell us that it's not real.

RGS, there has been a little improvement in science called Genetics. We have read the genetic code of many species. And the reading of that code has given total support to the Theory of Evolution.

If by "Theory of Evolution" you mean dogs becoming whales or is it the other way around, I'd have to disagree with you. I see no convincing evidence. On the other hand only a fool would state that a species doesn't evolve.

As for reading the code, I've heard it claimed we came from apes. I have also heard that our closest genetic relative is the pig. My mom used to call me a pig whenever she opened my bedroom door, but I don't think she meant it in quite those terms. :)

Immie

Ha ha!

What have you read regarding the subject of evolution, Immanuel? I think that were you to update your knowledge on the subject that you would find the evidence of inter-species evolution compelling, and that it isn't a theory but a very solid, scientific, observable fact that has been reproduced in studies. I won't try to convince you of that, but only convince you to read up on the subject. It is integral to all branches of modern science dealing with biology including medicine.

I have read more than enough.

There is no compelling evidence that proves anything at all about all life stemming from a single celled creature.

You mention, "reproduced in studies"... funny, that would only lead to an assertion of the "Intelligent Design" argument rather than the idea that all life started from a single celled organism and branched out into the myriad of living cells we have today. The fact that scientists can manipulate a mouse's DNA so that it grows a human ear on its back is not proof of evolution. It is proof of our ability to alter the genetic code much like playing with an Erector Set or better yet, since KK just posted, a better example would be her "ray tracing" creating vivid pictures out of nothing by tracing light back to its source.

I believe that God set the ball in motion. I believe that in doing so, God created the "laws of science" and that one of those "Laws" is evolution. One cannot deny that a species will branch out due to breeding such as the wolf becoming so many different breeds of dogs... which by the way, was also manipulated by human hands, not simply a stroke of bad luck... but it is pure speculation that a dog might become a cat or a whale or that a primate of some sort might become both men and apes.

Might all that happen? Sure but there is not a darned bit of "compelling evidence" that it does.

Immie

Last edited:
And thanks for affirming my opinion that you are unable to think rationally. I never said the above, or anything like it.

Yes, the most effective way to shut down a thread about evolution is to ask for evidence that macro-evolution actually exists.

You won't try to convince us of it because it's a lie.

But just for laughs, please post some evidence of "inter-species" evolution.

I don't know what this is exactly, but I was struck at a very young age by the similarity of the skeletons of many mammels. The spine, the skull, the repetition of the forms of the arms and legs of many animals. The pelvic structures. There are many similarities here.

The skeletal look of Men, dogs, horses, apes and so on bear much similarity.

If there was an evolution of one species from another or of many species from one, it would seem reasonable that this would be the result.

If, on the other hand, there was a "poof" type of creation, why would an omnipotent being get stuck in this kind of a rut? It would seem that Creation by a Creator would display evidence of greater Creativity. When we were all kids playing with clay and making stuff, ten legs and six eyes was common. Where is this in nature?

He could have. my father in law brought up this possibility at church and was treated like a heretic.

right wing evangelical church of some kind?

My religious experiences are with the catholics and the unitarians. And neither of them had a problem with science and evolution.

seems to be a conservative thing mostly.

Forum List

Back