Do You Believe in an Afterlife?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
So AVG-JOE started a thread about living forever and in it he made this statement:

"Even though I truly believe that death is the end, without it to look forward to, I feel I would go insane."

My question is do you believe that death is the end or do you believe in any type of afterlife?

Some of you might remember a few months back I wrote about my cousin dying. That thread was questioning my cousin's husband and daughter's decision to go to a wedding the day after she died (I thought it a bit odd and wanted to know what others thought). Anyway, a few nights ago my cousin's husband, Jimmy, was asleep. He heard some kind of buzzing noise in his ear and it woke him up. He then felt two hands starting to massage his shoulders. He turned around and there was Joan, his deceased wife. She said to him (I'm paraphrasing a bit): "Don't worry about anything, everything will be ok. YOU are going to be ok. And don't worry about me, I am fine". She then got off the bed and started to walk away. He followed her and when he rounded the corner she was gone.

I know many of you might say he was just dreaming and perhaps he was. He certainly doesn't think he was and after it happened he said he felt better than he'd felt in a long, long time. It gave him enormous comfort.

Do you think he was just dreaming or do you believe that the dead can come back to us at times?

Hmm...as far as an afterlife, yes I do believe there is one.

I've heard of dead people communicating to people in dreams; I've never had this experience myself but have known some people who have.

Yes, I believe in an afterlife. Heaven or hell? Not necessarily. In my opinion and what I truly believe is, we go where we were happiest..whatever makes us happy in this life is what will be awaiting us in the afterlife. Whatever we did that was truly bad, will be awaiting us to relive again, but as the recipient of whatever we did that was bad....but once we get a few doses of what we dished out...then we are put where we were happy before we were bad.

Dont know if that made sense, but it does to me, lol.

Last edited:

I've heard of dead people communicating to people in dreams; I've never had this experience myself but have known some people who have.

No dream for me. It was real. But it wasnt human. It was animals.

I believe that there is more to it than simply laying around being worm food. I believe that heaven and hell are a part of it but not all of it. As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now, to Page 2".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAydj4OJnwQ]YouTube - The Great Gig In The Sky - Pink Floyd (Studio Version)[/ame]

So AVG-JOE started a thread about living forever and in it he made this statement:

"Even though I truly believe that death is the end, without it to look forward to, I feel I would go insane."

My question is do you believe that death is the end or do you believe in any type of afterlife?

Some of you might remember a few months back I wrote about my cousin dying. That thread was questioning my cousin's husband and daughter's decision to go to a wedding the day after she died (I thought it a bit odd and wanted to know what others thought). Anyway, a few nights ago my cousin's husband, Jimmy, was asleep. He heard some kind of buzzing noise in his ear and it woke him up. He then felt two hands starting to massage his shoulders. He turned around and there was Joan, his deceased wife. She said to him (I'm paraphrasing a bit): "Don't worry about anything, everything will be ok. YOU are going to be ok. And don't worry about me, I am fine". She then got off the bed and started to walk away. He followed her and when he rounded the corner she was gone.

I know many of you might say he was just dreaming and perhaps he was. He certainly doesn't think he was and after it happened he said he felt better than he'd felt in a long, long time. It gave him enormous comfort.

Do you think he was just dreaming or do you believe that the dead can come back to us at times?
No.

I do not believe in an afterlife and I think that there not being one is a good thing. We should try to enjoy what we have of life.
Dying doesn't really frighten me since I won't be around to know I'm dead.

Your cousin was hallucinating, dreaming or pulling your leg.

yes, I believe there is a after-life.

and yes, they can come back , I don't think they have carte-blanche, but they can and have. nuff said.

Why don't those guys on all the paranormal investigating shows ever ask that question? Is there a heaven or hell? It's always some dumbass question like how old are you? are you lonely? what happened to you? Shit, ask something important.

I believe there is an afterlife. I do not believe it is what we as mortals envision, though.

Some people find great comfort in the type of experience you set out for us. When my husband died 25 years ago, I too had experiences like that. They did not comfort me. I moved to a different state, and went to work on a cancer unit. This was no ordinary hospital unit. It was a unit on which 75% of the patients would never leave alive as their treatment protocols were experimental.

I had those same experiences every time a patient of mine died. I changed specialties and that has not happened to me since, as my patients are alive and well.

No dream for me. It was real. But it wasnt human. It was animals.

Want to share? I haven't heard of anyone experiencing 'ghost animals' after the animal has died.

How can a brain/mind exist after the electro chemical reactions that sustain it end?

That is why I said it is likely not as we mortals envision it.

Past life regressions are very popular. Think about it. Have you ever had one?

How can a brain/mind exist after the electro chemical reactions that sustain it end?

That is why I said it is likely not as we mortals envision it.

Past life regressions are very popular. Think about it. Have you ever had one?

Umm not that I know of.

Are you speaking of reincarnation?

Not specifically. I just think that with our limited understanding of the universe what happens after death is not something we can prove or disprove. But reincarnation has been put forth for many thousands of years. Some people even seem to be able to go back to who they were in past lives. Example: Bridey Murphy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have personally never liked reincarnation. My personal thinking about it is that I don't want to have to do this shit over and over again. So, I really don't have any written in stone belief as to what an afterlife would consist of.

I mean who knows. Maybe the Anunnaki are coming to Rapture us out in 2012! Or make us their slaves, which I understand was the original intent. :eek:

Sometimes after spending too much time on USMB I wonder if there really is such a thing as that "real world" people keep mentioning.

Forum List

Back