"Do you believe in a personal God?"

Even when I went on a spiritual quest, I never fully understood this personal god thing. I wonder if people who do believe in a personal god can explain why they do

A Priest who was introduced to Joseph Campbell asks
: "Are you a Catholic Dr. Campbell?"

Campbell replies: "No, Father."

The Priest then asks: "Do you believe in a personal God?"

To which Campbell replies: "No, Father."

The Priest then replies: "Well, I guess there is no way to logically prove the existence of God."

Campbell: "If there were Father, what would be the value of faith?"

Priest excuses himself with: "It's been a pleasure meeting you Dr. Campbell, have a nice day."
When a person first realizes all organized religions are made up, we don't even consider that God himself is too. We just think the organized religions have been corrupted but the original story we still believe to be true. We think the bibles and Korans must have twisted what Jesus said. But then what if Jesus never said half the stuff they say he said. What if they just made this man the ultimate martyr?

So we just believe in a God without religion. It's all in your head and made up whether it's your personal concept or an organized religion.

No two gods are exactly alike.

This cosmos itself is my personal god.
Did you hear your God is dying? It has less than 10 billion years left. Way beyond its midlife crisis. The stars will never shine as bright.

Even the universe has an expiration date. The only thing that lives forever is God and your soul. Talk about wishful thinking.

Even when I went on a spiritual quest, I never fully understood this personal god thing. I wonder if people who do believe in a personal god can explain why they do

A Priest who was introduced to Joseph Campbell asks
: "Are you a Catholic Dr. Campbell?"

Campbell replies: "No, Father."

The Priest then asks: "Do you believe in a personal God?"

To which Campbell replies: "No, Father."

The Priest then replies: "Well, I guess there is no way to logically prove the existence of God."

Campbell: "If there were Father, what would be the value of faith?"

Priest excuses himself with: "It's been a pleasure meeting you Dr. Campbell, have a nice day."
What do you mean personal god? Delta asked the same question but his seemed rhetorical since he sort of answered it himself. You thanked him for the post so does that mean you agree? With what?

My question is not rhetorical. One can not really ask a question without having a definition for the parts of the question. What is a 'personal god'?
If you have to ask its a no. If it's a yes answer the man.

I don't believe in gods of any sort. Especially if asking them for evidence of their existence is met with anger or hostility. Just screams, "Bullshit!" to me.
I don't believe in any and I do so without your anger and hostility. Your answer just about implies you would believe, if only you could ask for evidence without being met with anger and hostility

If there's evidence belief isn't required. Whether I believe or not in the Sun doesn't matter. I can disbelieve in it all day but not change that I'll get nurned lying out bareskinned to it long enough. If gods exist, their existence should be obvious and overt, not an unsnwerable question, otherwise what's the point? What's the point of a god who never does anything because in actuality it doesn't exist anyway? What's the point in a god that does exist and desires our obedience and worship concealing itself?

If there's evidence a god exists, belief isn't required. God exists.

I see

We have no obvious and overt evidence either way.
Then why would you believe either way?

I say there's lots of scientific evidence every holy book that claims they've been visited by a God angel or demon is fos. No evidence equals lie.

This cosmos itself is my personal god.
Did you hear your God is dying? It has less than 10 billion years left. Way beyond its midlife crisis. The stars will never shine as bright.

Even the universe has an expiration date. The only thing that lives forever is God and your soul. Talk about wishful thinking.
The Doctor will save us!

DoctorMontage.11.26.121.png

What exactly is a personal God or a no personal God? God is God
The question was posed to people who say they believe in a personal god. If you do, can you say why?

I'm serious about this. read the OP
I talk to God. God talks to me. He is my God. I am his follower. Does than make him my personal God?
I guess if you say so. You are the one saying you have a personal god.

So you believe in a personal god because you talk to this god and this god answers you back and this god is a male?
Finally a rational question!!! I mean that. God is someone (please excuse the use of pronouns) who creates, maintains, and cares for our world. One could apply either gender to such a person.
Can he clean up the smog and oceans?

Can he stop volcano's and earthquakes and tornados from screwing us? Why do meteors hit the planet?

The big bang created the world but we have to care and maintain it.

What exactly is a personal God or a no personal God? God is God
The question was posed to people who say they believe in a personal god. If you do, can you say why?

I'm serious about this. read the OP
I talk to God. God talks to me. He is my God. I am his follower. Does than make him my personal God?
I guess if you say so. You are the one saying you have a personal god.

So you believe in a personal god because you talk to this god and this god answers you back and this god is a male?
Finally a rational question!!! I mean that. God is someone (please excuse the use of pronouns) who creates, maintains, and cares for our world. One could apply either gender to such a person.
Can he clean up the smog and oceans?

Can he stop volcano's and earthquakes and tornados from screwing us? Why do meteors hit the planet?

The big bang created the world but we have to care and maintain it.
Yes, he can and he will.

He created this world and we mucked it up.

I would go into the details but they are all written down around here some place. Now if I could only remember where....

Forum List

Back