Do you believe/appreciate ...

You only think that because you stopped growing intellectually at 11.

The rest of us got past that difficult phase, and look back on it with embarassment.

Uh, no, there really is no "Growth" in believing in magic sky men who answer your begging for stuff.

The bible is bullshit because so much of it so illogical, and you ignore about 90% of it.

I just ignore the other 10%... as having no value whatsoever...

You only think that because you stopped growing intellectually at 11.

The rest of us got past that difficult phase, and look back on it with embarassment.

Well I sure can't fucking tell with you.

I'm not surprised. I suspect we could fill a large tome with the things you can't fucking tell.

Well, considering that most rabbis taught things via parables, and so did Jesus, I'd be willing to say that there are certain things in the Bible that are to be taken allegorically, not literally.

However.......................there is quite a bit of proof that many things written about in the Bible (mainly the OT) are true, because the OT (after the first 5 books) is mainly a written history of the Jewish people.

Oh God please don't embark on one of your ridiculous "biblical scholar" episodes. That retard joe is more knowledgeable than you are, and he's a complete moron on the topic.

Lest we forget your pontification about how the reprobate NOAH impregnated his daughters...

Lest we forget your pontification about how the reprobate NOAH impregnated his daughters...

Um, no, that was Lot, and if you read your own bible, you'd know that is covered in Genesis 19.

THis was right after he offered them up for gang rape to an angry mob of "Sodomites"...

NOah, on the other hand, Cursed his son Ham and all his descendents after getting drunk and falling down naked. (Probably a bit more to that story.)

Mind you, these were the "Good" people God went out of his way to save....

Last edited:
Well, considering that most rabbis taught things via parables, and so did Jesus, I'd be willing to say that there are certain things in the Bible that are to be taken allegorically, not literally.

However.......................there is quite a bit of proof that many things written about in the Bible (mainly the OT) are true, because the OT (after the first 5 books) is mainly a written history of the Jewish people.

I would best describe it as propaganda more than history.

Does it really matter what Obama believes on this issue?? :cool:

Some care about disingenuousness from Obama.

Some care enough to ask Rubio his opinion on the subject and mock him for his Obama-like answer.

I care about the segment of Obama supporters who actually believe that Obama is probably atheistic or agnostic* and probably believes the earth is 4 billion years old, and I wonder how they feel about his answer.

*or who may accept that he is Christian but still think he believes the earth is billions of years old

Why is he not a Christain? He says he's a Christain. Why is that not good enough?

Does it really matter what Obama believes on this issue?? :cool:

Some care enough to ask Rubio his opinion on the subject and mock him for his Obama-like answer.

I care about the segment of Obama supporters who actually believe that Obama is probably atheistic or agnostic* and probably believes the earth is 4 billion years old, and I wonder how they feel about his answer.

*or who may accept that he is Christian but still think he believes the earth is billions of years old

Why is he not a Christain? He says he's a Christain. Why is that not good enough?

A. Are you misspelling "Christian" intentionally?

B. Where did I say he was not a Christian?

C. I asked about other people's impressions about a particular statement made by Obama. If you believe Obama's statement, or otherwise appreciate it, then your answer is yes. If you don't, then your answer is no. If his statement is "good enough" for you, then I guess your answer to my question is "yes". Thank you for participating.

C. I asked about other people's impressions about a particular statement made by Obama. If you believe Obama's statement, or otherwise appreciate it, then your answer is yes. If you don't, then your answer is no. If his statement is "good enough" for you, then I guess your answer to my question is "yes". Thank you for participating.

A) no, that's spell check

B) Sorry, misread the post, you said there were people who believe he's atheist. If there are, they are on equal footing with people who think he's Muslim.

C)His answer sounded like your typical politician, attempting to not upset his base, not someone who actually believes in creationism. It's a bit sad that his base consists of enough people who believe the earth is 6,000 years old that he felt the need to pander to them.

Yanno...................I have a firm and strong belief in God. I also have a strong and firm belief that Yeshua (Jesus) walked the earth.

However..................................

I also most emphatically DO NOT believe that dinosaurs and mankind existed at the same time, nor do I believe that the earth was created in 6 days as we currently measure days.

I wouldn't stick to that If I were you....we just don't know ABS....we are humans who have lost a great deal of our knowledge of the past....(could be due to the great flood or some other catastrophe where we were near completely wiped out)

ALSO, just recently the Science community found a fossilized footprint of a dinosaur with a fossilized footprint of a man right beside it....it has puzzled them all....I saw this on the Discovery Channel or maybe it was the National Geographic channel?

Soooo, we'll see if more are discovered....and go from there....

All I am saying is just don't completely close your mind to such a thing....imo, we just don't know everything there is to know yet and are still learning new things every day....that's what makes Science so interesting.... :)

ALSO, just recently the Science community found a fossilized footprint of a dinosaur with a fossilized footprint of a man right beside it....it has puzzled them all....I saw this on the Discovery Channel or maybe it was the National Geographic channel?

I'd love to see a link on that.

Was the Paluxy River the site under discussion?

Paluxy Dinosaur/"Man Track" controversy, by Glen J. Kuban (Dinosaur & "Human" Footprints, Paluxy tracks)
i don't know? I just viewed the program i was watching that mentioned it within the last month, and in that program, it was not debunked or mentioned that it was debunked....

A) no, that's spell check

B) Sorry, misread the post, you said there were people who believe he's atheist. If there are, they are on equal footing with people who think he's Muslim.

C)His answer sounded like your typical politician, attempting to not upset his base, not someone who actually believes in creationism. It's a bit sad that his base consists of enough people who believe the earth is 6,000 years old that he felt the need to pander to them.
They didn't ask him if the Earth is 6000 years old in the video that Amelia posted Amy, so he really was not pandering to that group at all....they asked him if God made the universe or the Earth in 6 days..... (fyi-it's at the very end of the video) :)

Forum List

Back