Do you believe America has gotten even for 9/11?

It would be nice to know why they thought it was a good idea, if it was better defined than 'death to america' or attacking the great satan.

They attacked the headquarters of modern international capitalism. It was, in my opinion, a rather brilliant target given their purpose.

Imagine if they thought that attacking the US would, for example, cause a counterstrike that they could use as a recruitment tool. If they thought that attacking the US would cause retailation, which would help them raise money and other support from sympathetic law abiding middle easterners.

Imagine, yes, imagine that. It isn't hard to do.

If we knew that that was their motive, we might have responded a little differently.

Only fools didn't understand their motive. Sadly fools ran our nation at the time.

It would be nice to know why they attacked the US. It would be smart, too.

To show the world that America's most valued possessions COULD be attacked for one thing, would be my guess.

The Pentagon AND the headquarters of Western capitalism both attacked on the same day?

I expect that the fourth plane was probably either headed for the White Houuse or the Capital.

That would have been the Islamic Terrorists' trifecta.

Happily for us, that plane that went down in Pennsylvania was NOT filled with chickenhawks but rather with people who, upon realizing their fate, elected to go down fighting and thus saving our nation the embarrassment of seeing AlQada hitting three important targets AND SYMBOLS of American might.

Last edited:
So, if 9/11 was a single isolated attack, you are saying (or rather your interpreatation of the constitution means) we should just have let it go, secure in the knowledge that God will punish them eventually? Am I correct in this understanding?

And one follow up question. What if there were a series of, let's say, 4 isolated attacks over a period of' let's say, 6 years. So, one attack every 18 months or so. Let those go as well because each is 'isolated' (at least, until the next one comes)?

At what point would such an unpredictable, irregular series of attacks begin to represent a clear and present danger? Or wouldn't they?

By the interpretation of the constitution you have just described, there would potentially be no consequences to attacking American interests, so long as the attackers left a well-mannered gap between each incident. On the other hand, if a U.S. response prevents a further attack, doesn't that make it retrospectively unconstitutional?

no, i am saying that WAR, especially against a country that DID NOT attack us, is not the answer....

going after the criminals is one thing, it does not take war to do this, SINCE there was NOT A COUNTRY that attacked us, but individuals....terrorists.

care

The Pentagon AND the headquarters of Western capitalism both attacked on the same day?

I expect that the fourth plane was probably either headed for the White Houuse or the Capital.

That would have been the Islamic Terrorists' trifecta.

Happily for us, that plane that went down in Pennsylvania was NOT filled with chickenhawks but rather with people who, upon realizing their fate, elected to go down fighting and thus saving our nation the embarrassment of seeing AlQada hitting three important targets AND SYMBOLS of American might.

You know, that angle could have been played up more, about the brave americans that took matters into their own hands and saved the third target. And IIRC the pentagon strike hit the side of the building that was largely unoccupied (?) - so assuming that the targets included political leaders and military leaders, Al Qaeda failed in many ways. They missed the leaders. They got civilians. The attacks were called a brilliant success because of what they accomplished, but in a sense they fell short, in small part because al qaeda didn't have the right info on which side of the pentagon to hit, and in large part because of the american spirit on that fourth plane.

So, they were ill informed and hardly invincible. I've always sort of thought they were hacks, with box cutters. I doubt a plane full of americans would ever allow that sort of hijacking again.

But as things move on to the point where they have access to more than box cutters they become more dangerous, I just can't see that our foreign policy has been very good on this whole event.

While Editec made an excellent post in the response to why I wish to add my two cents:

That problem is that either the majority of us were not told (not as a cover up for some conspiracy but more like a cover up to avoid embarasment), or they didn't investigate the why. The reason it is hard to say for certain that even Al Qaida (my spelling sucks this early) was involved is because of not knowing the why and also since they didn't claim responsibility right away. Terrorists hit large and well known targets for attention, the numbers of dead from the attack are not what they care about but the statement of the attack. It is possible that a gorilla group actually made the attack since no one stood up immediately with the tell tale "we will make more attacks unless ...." message was never received. Remember that terrorism is a tactic and not an actual life style, though many think it is this is a myth. A example of such tactics used by what is not referred to as a terrorist group are the Inquisitors of Europe, their tactics were terrorism their demand was admittance to something regardless of guilt. Al Qaida would have asked for something with the threat of "further action" if they were the group involved, which is why I theorize it was most likely a gorilla group since the attack follows those tactics more closely. The sad thing as I said already, we gave the terrorists a win regardless because it became a mess. Never have we given into them like this and the result as we can see is a rise in terrorist attacks in closer countries to their bases.

wall street, the goal was to bring us down financially and to smite us by hitting the pentegon.

it's funny how this did not actually bring wall street down to its knees, but the wall street greeders did it themselves. :(

They beat russia in afghanistan, financially broke their back, and russia withdrew.

wall street, the goal was to bring us down financially and to smite us by hitting the pentegon.

it's funny how this did not actually bring wall street down to its knees, but the wall street greeders did it themselves. :(

They beat russia in afghanistan, financially broke their back, and russia withdrew.

Thus is the reason that the true motive is still unclear. If it was as planned as those who called for retaliation had claimed then there would have been a larger effect on the entire country. Terrorists aren't bad because they WANT to kill innocent people, they are bad because they DON'T CARE about innocent people, every attack has another purpose than just to kill, killing is just a tool to bring fear.

isn't it amazing how a cop found the hijackers passports on the very day of 911 undamaged not even chard at all by the fires in all those masses of ruble...god if you didn't know better you would have to think they where planted there..wouldn't you ?

isn't it amazing how a cop found the hijackers passports on the very day of 911 undamaged not even chard at all by the fires in all those masses of ruble...god if you didn't know better you would have to think they where planted there..wouldn't you ?

Though I am not in the mood to deal with a conspiracy nut, here's the short take on it:

Passports can be reprinted easily anyway so no go. Also, what the media shows is NOT the truth most of the time, they doctor it to make it prettier and clearer, so they would have made completely digital duplicates for their reports anyway just so people could see it. Also, and this is where the eye rolling takes place for your "facts", it doesn't matter, passports are a VERY small part in any investigation, most often used to notify next of kin.

Though I am not in the mood to deal with a conspiracy nut, here's the short take on it:

Passports can be reprinted easily anyway so no go. Also, what the media shows is NOT the truth most of the time, they doctor it to make it prettier and clearer, so they would have made completely digital duplicates for their reports anyway just so people could see it. Also, and this is where the eye rolling takes place for your "facts", it doesn't matter, passports are a VERY small part in any investigation, most often used to notify next of kin.

there is not a single coherent thought in what you just replied...the claim was the passports where found on the sidewalk by` a policeman

terrorists are synonomous with cowards.. If they had gripes against the US then take the US on.. Not innocents... that's why they are terrorists and one of their leaders was found hiding in a hole like a rat..

Lets not forget he (Bush) didn't ask for it nor did he start it. See he started his first 4 years with a heap of shit dropped in his lap and I believe it didn't help the situation we are in today either and probably contributed a great deal.

We should have just dropped a bomb it would have been cheaper and shorter. We aren't liked anyway and no longer feared.

Please tell me you're kidding...... no informed human could possibly really believe that.

Bush's war of choice had NOTHING to do with 9/11.... where we were attacked by a bunch of Saudi nationals who were funded by the Saudis.... and who were trained in Afghanistan....

yeppers... doing the PNAC bidding really showed 'em, eh?

The 9/11 attacks were an act of frustration.

Hundreds of millions of muslims live under brutal dictators. Their friends and relatives are murdered and tortured by these sadistic leaders.

These oppressive dictators recieve massive amounts of money and weapons from the US.

The people know that without America's support. These dictators could easily be over thrown.

Saddam was a perfect example of the kind of dictators we have supported. (before we turned against him.

Then we wonder why people in Islamic countries cheered when they heard about 9/11

and then they said they identified the hijackers through there dna...they found dna samples in all that destruction ? and if they did ...where did they get the samples to match them to ?

DNA would be all over the place in the destruction. Especially in pennsylvania, and to a lesser extent in the pentagon crash. The WTC would be a little tougher, but depending on the wreckage you could coceivably still get a few DNA clues.

the bones for example would be intact enough even in an inferno to extract DNA from. So in the field crash, you might reasonably know which corpses were in the cockpit, etc.

Forum List

Back